Proposal: Solution to Improve DAO Governance Efficiency

1. Motivation:

I believe Aavegotchi DAO is very serious about its Governance Process and involving community in making key decisions as evidently by the amount of work has go into.

I’m a co-founder of Syncvote. I believe our tool can add tangible value to the implementation of Aavegotchi DAO’s governance process without any changes to the current setup. The goal is to let admins and members focus on making decisions instead of getting lost in tech stuff.

I previously raised a discussion on the forum (here: Automated workflow for Aavegotchi - Ideas - AavegotchiDAO) and upgrade our products continuously during the discussion, so I decided to start this thread to make better presentation on how Aavegotchi DAO can benefit from Syncvote. If this is something interesting, I would like to take this to the next phase.

2. Problem Now:

I see 3 existing problems in implementing Aavegotchi DAO governance process:

1. The proposer must remember all the technical details of the governance process to avoid making mistakes.
  2. The proposer has to bounce around different platforms, such as Discourse, Discord, Snapshot etc, for each step of the process.
  3. Any solution that could potentially consolidate everything into one platform for consistency and ease of navigation would require the DAO to abandon its current setup and adopt a new one.

3. How We Solve It:

Syncvote provides a chrome extension. It works as a unified front-end for any DAO member that wants to make a proposal to Aavegotchi DAO. It acts like a central hub, no more bouncing between different platforms. Members can kick off and handle proposals, watch progress, and move through stages – all in one interface.

Why Syncvote will fit nicely into the current Aavegotchi DAO practice:

1. Non-invasive, there isn’t any new platform to familiarize with, just open the extension and click “start new proposal” to start.

2. The extension works with all the platforms DAO has been using, so you don’t need to make any changes to your current setup.

3. It’s free, our goal is to eventually put every DAO to operate completely on-chain, so until Aavegotchi DAO decides to write data on-chain; it won’t cost you anything.

My cofounder’s created this video to illustrate how the plugin works for a DAO: Syncvote Demo

4. Next Steps to Implement:

To implement this transformative solution for Aavegotchi DAO, we propose the following steps:

1. After the proposal has been passed, I will convert the Aavegotchi Governance Process into a format compatible with Syncvote. An administrator/coreteam member can help me to follow-up and also check its accuracy.
  2. After that, Aavegotchi DAO will start announcing to community members on forum, announcement channels on discord and twitter etc., that they can start using Syncvote extension to make new proposals from then on.

In conclusion, I see this as a straightforward implementation that helps to smooth governance experience for Aavegotchi DAO community members. I would be grateful if Aavegotchi DAO adopts Syncvote.

Thank you for reading my post. I would like to have your feedback on this topic.

Godwin.

Hello mates,

I would love to have some of your comments on the topic. The proposal aims to make the governance process be something easy for every community member to take part in.
Do you think the governance process now is easy enough for everyone to cast a vote or raise a voice?

Thank you for trying!

1 Like

Hello mates,

Can admin or any community members instruct on how to make a product demo to show how Syncvote could really fit into DAO governance?

I want to emphasize that Syncvote is designed to bring tangible value to DAO operations. I see there’s no feedback and suggestion for a while, so just come again to ask about your thought on Syncvote.

After the last post, Syncvote has improved some UI features to smooth community member’s experience on DAO’s governance. I think that a demo would be a good way to show how Syncvote could fit for Aavegotchi’s operation

Could you suggest any idea on that? I would love to discuss more for Aaavegotchi DAO,