Strategotchi Roadmap & Budget Proposal

I would like to present the DAO with a roadmap and funding request for the development of Strategotchi (digital version). The proposed budget covers everything from stage 1 - 4 of the roadmap, and excludes the expansion stage, 5.

In the last 4 months, Strategotchi has evolved from a concept into a fully fledged, playable tabletop strategy game. Initially, we created a prototype, then openly invited the Aavegotchi community to play test it in a private Discord server. Our group of board-game geeks, consisted of 14 members of the Aavegotchi community (some of whom were unable to play much due to time restrictions). As a group, we tested multiple iterations and revisions, solving many issues and coming up with a balanced game that is fun and engaging. We are now at the stage where the game is ready to be polished and built out, both as a physical tabletop game as well as a digital online multiplayer version.

We are now seeking a grant of 87,600 GHST (split into 2 installments) for the development of a multiplayer online digital version of Strategotchi. Payment structure would be an initial 50% (43.8k GHST) prior to beginning development and a final 50% (43.8k GHST) upon the successful presentation of a digital MVP. We hope to begin development by the end of Q1 2023 and estimate a delivery time of 4-6 months.

Deliverables include:

• A digital MVP
  • Multiplayer mode
  • Leaderboards
  • Season 1 Guild Cards release
  • Fully polished v2 game
  • Inaugural Guild Tournament

A New Experience

Building new gameplay experiences around the protocol has always been a paramount goal of our DAO. We believe that these experiences can provide great value to the ecosystem, both financially and socially. With Strategotchi, our aim was to not only stimulate the economy, but also social interaction and community engagement.

We ended up with a game that we believe has the potential to do both; make money and provide an engaging and frenly experience in the form of a game focused around community, alliances, resource management and outthinking the competition (aspects which aline with the Aavegotchi ecosystem).

E-Sports for Guilds

One of our biggest goals from the get-go was to be THE game for our native guilds to compete in. We wanted to make something so epic and in-tune with the culture of the community that it becomes the (un)official e-sport of our ecosystem. A battlegrounds for guild bragging rights as well as big brain individuals and hardcore gamers.

Along with the development of the game, one of our planned deliverables is to host the inaugural Strategotchi Guild Tournament which we hope will be the first of many. With future collaborations with fireball.gg in the works, we aim to push forward as pioneers of Aavegotchi Guilds competition and ranking.

Guild Card Sale

Guild Cards will play an integral role in the economy of Strategotchi. They provide both a pathway for great replay value and variety of play style as well as a means to generate value for the DAO, PC, and the community at large (artist royalties, in-game rewards, trading…)

One of the deliverables of this proposed budget is the creation and sale of the first season of Guild Cards - NFT trading cards with in-game utility and their own rarity system. Guild Cards can be summoned from packs of 3 and players will need to collect and open multiple packs in order to build powerful decks

Future plans and collaborations:

Upon successful completion and delivery of the digital game, our team plans to move forward with the next stage of our proposed roadmap, expansion and collaboration. In this phase we plan to expand the game with new maps and game modes, exploring various parts of the Gotchiverse grid and the Beyond. We also have many collaborations and integrations planned, including the creation and sale of the Strategotchi physical board game in collaboration with PC

Things to look forward to in Q4 2023:

• Produce physical game/merch with PC
  • Launch quarterly guild tournament with fireball.gg
  • Guild Cards Season 2
  • Wearables utility
  • Animated promo video introducing new lore (Gotchi Folklore Society collaboration)
  • New de-gen game modes (Forge integration)
  • New maps (The Beyond, Citaadel, Fud Forest…)
  • Strategotchi Legends (Lite) - Real-time strategy game for mobile

link to Introductory Strategotchi Forum post:

Summary

We strongly believe that this project has the potential to open up many doors and create a ton of value in the ecosystem. Our hope is to be able to deliver a fun, community oriented game, that drives both sales and social engagement. We appreciate the opportunity to bring this project to the Aavegotchi community and we look forward to growing the space together with exciting new gameplay experiences.

6 Likes

ill take the first stab at it haha.
It looks like a solid plan and cant wait to give it a try. A couple of issues id like your input .
I dont like this anonymity for the roles, i think the dao values(or should value?) having as much gotchigangers as possible in any project so it would be nice to know who is doing which position, and if they are already gotchigang or still being converted.
i love the branding and the roadmap visually (although i dont understand the pagan looking symbols :laughing: )
i dont understand the 2 art directors for a game, maybe all you need is one with more hours assigned?
you talk about the value for the DAO and Guild card sales too briefly, in what form, and values are the expected returns for the DAO after the MVP is accomplished?
For how long is the game maintained if the proposal is accepted , like server maintance and or bug correction /patches.
from the guild card sales it sounds like its a pay2play game, whats the cost per player, what are the ingame rewards players can earn , if they arent decided yet it should be explicit.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, fren! These are all great questions.
I’ll do my best to answer them all.

• I dont like this anonymity for the roles, i think the dao values(or should value?) having as much gotchigangers as possible in any project so it would be nice to know who is doing which position, and if they are already gotchigang or still being converted.

The majority of the roles are occupied by Gotchigangers, with some members, including myself, carrying out multiple roles. The remaining roles will be outsourced by the team leaders. The positions currently occupied by Gotchigang are:

Lead Dev: Shah
Creative Director/Game Designer: myself
Senior Art Director: myself
UI designer: Stellar Hobbes
Music Production: Fase
Project Management: Fase

Junior Dev, Art Director (or Graphic Designer), Animator and illustrator will be outsourced roles. Some roles such as Illustrator might be split amongst different people.

• i love the branding and the roadmap visually (although i dont understand the pagan looking symbols)

The alchemical symbols will reveal their meaning in time! :slight_smile: But from a branding perspective, the idea was to evoke the feeling of ancient, esoteric knowledge for the enlightened few.

• i dont understand the 2 art directors for a game, maybe all you need is one with more hours assigned?

Art Director is just a fancy way of saying graphic designer where I’m from. The role should say Graphic Designer and the rate and hours reflect that. It’s a minor role meant to support the Senior Art Director. There’s a lot that goes into a making a game like this from branding to in-game graphics, UI, making sure everything is cohesive and technically correct. Having a less conceptualizing and more implementation-orientated creative on board will help things move along smoother and finish quicker.

• in what form, and values are the expected returns for the DAO after the MVP is accomplished?

Financial value to the DAO will come from the sale of Guild Cards. We expect this to generate a decent amount of money, but we don’t have an exact estimate of what that number might be. From those sales we expect that a healthy % should go to the DAO treasury.

However, the major value we see is in the creation of a new gameplay experience that expands the Aavegotchi universe and has the potential to be a catalyst for social interaction and onboarding.

• For how long is the game maintained if the proposal is accepted , like server maintance and or bug correction /patches.

Server costs and maintenance will be upheld for a period of 2 months following the full release of the game.

• whats the cost per player, what are the ingame rewards players can earn , if they arent decided yet it should be explicit.

In-game rewards will come in the form of a winning bonus for ranked games and quarterly leaderboard payouts. Ranked games will have a small entrance fee, probably in GHST, a % of which would be used to pay out the winner. The exact numbers are yet to be determined.

4 Likes

Why not pay by the year? This is not a temporary project. Clearly there will be updates and you’ll need to do maintenence bounties, but the servers are cheaper with a commitment.

1 Like

That’s a good point. We figured 2 months would be a good time frame to decide if we want to take on a larger commitment. Will have to look into costs and see what makes more sense.

Possible Solutions:

a. Send all non-gotchigang team members 1 ghst, or 1 common wearable.

b. Have them apply for H-1B Program

Being a gotchigang doesn’t make them more or less good at doing their job

They can always learn the gotchi related lore, culture etc.

Don’t see people have problem hiring scholar to channel their gotchis

Also, how do I know non-doxxed gotchigang are not multiple accounts from the same person?

Yes, I am joking at this point. I was bored

tldr; team member composition is basically self-reporting. Based on honour system. The so-called “gotchigang” can always outsource their work without telling you.

Look at the amount being asked and what is being offered.
You like it or not? Keep it simple.

1 Like

Last I check you have gotchigang building on other people’s game (Funded by the dao)

Fakegotchi made by hiring outside artist

A new CMO

An gotchigang artist who dump multiple copies of their rofl fake gotchis on bot and rugging the existing holder (me being one of the holder)

So I stopped grading people based on their “gotchigang” status

1 Like

i just think its different when someone is applying for basically a position that represents the dao in a way. they should not be doxxed but we should know on whom to apply this “reputation system” , ofc work can and should be outsourced but theres also some merit to the people involved.
If the Music Production is done at an incredible level for example i might want to talk to the person in charge to help in some project or similar…

1 Like

If someone is using contractors, thats on them. You’re hiring the person(s) that they specifically list, and the rest, THEY are hiring. If there is a lead, they are the responsible one.

1 Like