Add Aave native collaterals for Haunt 2 gotchis

Saw this Snapshot written by Aave’s Marc and am creating this thread to match. It goes something like:

With Aave now deployed on Polygon blockchain, we have an opportunity to create gotchis with non-bridged aTokens (aka maTokens).

For future haunts, we can onboard new collaterals that are aTokens native to Polygon version of Aave platform. This may include exciting new tokens such as based on MATIC derived from deposits on Aave.

My thought is incorporating collaterals from Aave directly seems like an obvious move for any future Haunts. I’m just so glad it is now possible!

Make sure to have a tour of Aave.com and the Polygon market and let’s brainstorm how an eventual Haunt 2 could look… all aTokens no maTokens? half n half? only high yields or badass logo designs matter?

Lots to flesh out here!

14 Likes

I am absolutely sold on Matic Gotchi’s you have no idea!!! My god would that be spectacular. I see Polygon as extremely valuable, utilizing my current investments by staking them within an Aavegotchi would be pretty amazing imo.

5 Likes

This sounds very exciting! I think when new Tokens are added, there really should be more focus on badass logo designs, like you said. From all the logos that are displayed on the Gotchis’ heads right now, aWETH and aUNI look the best in my opinion. The other ones are a bit “plain”. I’d like to see more awesome designs!

1 Like

100% for this proposal, the more diversity in gotchi’s the better IMO.

2 Likes

love it.
there isn’t much on the polygon market yet, but from the main market i think would be dope:
MANA (also with new ETH bridge, maybe there’s a partnership possibility here??)
SUSHI
SNX
MKR

3 Likes

XRP ADA DOT FIL XLM THETA SOL HOLO HT ALGO EGLD CAKE BAKE BNB DCR NEAR RUNE BAT ONT WAVES BNT FTM DGB SYS
Bands are matter. Team behind, position on the market, niche it working and it’s communities matters for me, if we about to decide, what we will ad as collateral.
Matic is the beast, i would not come to play if no matic, cuz it would be so expensive. We can try aTokens + maTokens since we already do maTokens, or what will be with maTokens if we will go all in aTokens?

1 Like

Perhaps spirit force could have a dual nature. ie summoning a USDC-type Aavegotchi could accept either maUSDC or amUSDC stakes.

it make perfect sense to add Matic since we are running on the network and also already available in aave on polygon.

At the moment on Polygon, there isn’t too many token that are available on this network just yet. I’d love to see some ADA or DOT gotchis around. If these tokens are not yet support on Polygon.

Within this ecosystem at the moment, QUICK and MANA could be a good choice? As Quickswap is the one stop swap here on Polygon. MANA is already supported on AAVE in ETH mainnet, it’s just a matter of time it will be one of the support token at AAVE on Polygon. Also it will be awesome to have collaboration with other big NFT project like MANA? I don’t know how, but it could be small as just a bulletin board inside Decentraland where there’s a aavegotchi leader board? Recent Sales? Or an aavegochis show where it display aavegotchi with the highest scores, places where Decentraland users can auction, or a flea market where people can bargain price with their wearable? okay… this is going too far…

SUSHI will be great and is coming to polygon too!

1 Like

That’s an amazing proposal that would bring more variety and interest to future haunts, and even more synergy with Aave. Currently the obvious choices are Matic and wBTC. All bases covered!

2 Likes

There’s clear demand for new collaterals as can be seen in this proposal:

Definitely an interesting idea to use the Aave assets directly on Polygon.

1 Like