Adjusting The Extremely High Reservoir Spillage Rates

True and we have that right now with the altar spillage rate but you can agree that having a 70+% spillage is a little much.

Dr WAGMI had a great idea for the Spillageā€¦ Let each district DAO decide what they want to do with it. Convert it from scattering money everywhere, to more like a taxes and city council type thing.

A district could use games, math, or whatever, as their distro method. Deco could be bought, artists paid, apps developed, whatever each district felt like doingā€¦ sure, you could just have a ā€˜tax rebateā€™, but in the long run, you probably make more if you make your district somehow better or more useful or more fun or desirable, as it raises land values, and the quality of your neighbors, which means mo money, and more neighbors who have similar goals.

Harambe had suggested similar, but as a taxes thing, and once spillover is turned back on because we solved botsā€¦ people could decide too keep the tax, if they like the services, orā€¦ maybe you bought software with your alpha spillage, and now your district is just better, permanently.

2 Likes

I really fail to see what this has to do with the topic of adjusting spillage rates. :man_shrugging:

It has to do with this being a bad idea and there being uses for spillage, instead of constantly messing with the numbers.

Love the District DAOs in charge of the funds that accumulate in a ā€œspillageā€ account.

Far more engaging than just mindlessly collecting alchemica on the ground every day PLUS your district can still vote to just use it for spillover if it wants.

Do we need a separate DAO thread to flesh this idea out more?

1 Like

now main problem is botting problem. if botting problem not solved no spill over and so it seems meaningless to discuss this spill over rates point.

spill over rates is not big problem and not affect gaming deeply as botting. so let team solve main problem firstly please.

I need remind you this point: aavegotchi is big project. we always need to sovle big obstacles firstly. we should not disatract dev. teamā€™s first attentions.

If you are opposed to having the rates changed that is your prerogative but kindly open up a different thread to pitch your ideas that are not related to this topic, thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

As I stated earlier, this is not something that i had envisioned being done within 3 to 4 weeks after the initial harvester/reservoir release. In the long run this will definitely need to be address because not everyone will want to spend a lot of capital upfront by purchasing thousands of tokens to get decent spillage rates on their reservoirs. With the price increase we have seen in just a few days just imagine what it might be if we keep this current tread. We have had the luxury of being able to get our tokens at very low prices and I just want the game to be somewhat profitable to new players that may come in a year or two later when just getting to lvl 5 on your harvester/reservoir may well cost a few thousand dollars :grin:

after spill over reback, and if botting still not solved, I believe alchemicas price will drop again. at that time I think the spill over percentage of harvester will affect your income very little.

so we should pay attention to see how team solve botting problem. it is not easy job. also any solutions need to test after spillover back. it is not easy. for long term period, botting is the key and it will damage this game permanently if not solved it.

in addition, I need to express my below opinon:

donā€™t care the policy in game will give you more benefit or few benefit, we should only care this: does this policy is fair for everyone or not. if the policy is fair, that mean you earn little others also earn little, you earn more others also earn more. The economic system will finally get to a balance, however if the policy is not fair, more and more players leave so its economic system will callapse and will not even get a balance. that is the most terrible thing. so if the policy is fair for everyone you donā€™t need to worry your benefit is little or more.

I doubt very seriously that spillage will be enabled if the current botting issue is not resolved so i do not imagine that this form of sell pressure will happen. I do not think that the current plan is right so that is why i started this thread. IMO the adjustments would benefit current and future parcel owners by allowing them to retain a higher percentage of tokens enabling them in theory to upgrade their installations quicker.

if so, I donā€™t think this project will success with only 20-30 player online.
only lots of player enter then it can be succeed. and if very few players online aavegotchi doom to death.
also I still need to emphasize this point again: this gotchiverse should be as open as possible to live for long term. if only restrict to small group of players maybe in short term we think the game is ok, but for long term players will become few and few and finally no players.

whether percentage of spill over is higher or lower, the economic system will finally get to a balance, because everyone got same percentage of spillover. and this policy is fair to everyone.

imagine, if you have higher percentage, and you get more alchemica to upgrade your equipment, the outcome of alchemica is higher and someone will sell and let alchemica price get down and your profit will get down. this is just one example. I mean finally you will find you get no higher profit. the system get to balance that is most important.

my opinion: if the policy is fair to everyone then thatā€™s ok. I donā€™t think it need to adjust to let somebody happy. because even you adjust it, you will find finally whole system will become another balance again, and you not gain much.

1 Like

The spillage will still be there just the holders will be different. Currently majority of builders are keeping their tokens and not selling them and the lower tier reservoirs are spilling a large amount of these tokens. I am just suggesting we adapt the same spillage rate that we are using currently with the altars with the lowest rate becoming 50% and scaling from there. Once the installations reach level 6, they will be quite similar to what is currently being used so it will not really effect higher level installations. We would be just make it more balanced based on what the parcel actually holds because now the current spillage rate makes it so just getting to 50% is majority of what a smaller parcel has in tokens.

I also think it all comes down to spillover being turned off. For a wide scale low level operaition it makes sense as youā€™d typically use scholars to empty reservoirs. I feel the new recipe with the current spillover rates while spillover is turned off just killed the low level maxi strategy