(Bazaar) Set Prices in Stablecoin notation with automatic GHST converter

Opening discussion for a feature that would improve upon the current methodology used in Bazaar pricing listing.

Idea: Use a stablecoin notation for listing wearables, potions, and anything else listed in the Bazaar so that listings publicly show a set value without being subject to GHST volatility. GHST would still be the token paid out for facilitating transactions to retain the utility of the token, but listings wouldn’t fluctuate in their displayed price. The benefits from this are as follows:

1. A more simplistic view of price tags would be beneficial to the efficacy of the marketplace.
  2. Relisting goods would become less of a necessity in the event of price movement. On aggregate, this would allow sellers to retain more GHST tokens and remove an inefficiency by eliminating more transactions than what was originally needed.
  3. Both buyers and sellers would benefit from a more dynamic, instantaneous price adjustment mechanism by paying a mutually agreeable amount of GHST based on a stable representation.

I do believe that there are potential negatives to this idea, one maybe being that the utility of the GHST token will be viewed as less because things aren’t automatically quoted in the governance/utility token, but the efficiencies of a dynamic converter would still facilitate the same utility of GHST while providing a more efficient pricing mechanism.

Technically, I’m not sure about implementation. Let’s discuss Frens.

2 Likes

1 GHST = 1 GHST

GHST is not volatile, fiat is. If your goal is more fiat, you are missing the point.

3 Likes

And I love GHST for what it does, but you’re not seeing the point of this post.

Also, it’s dated asf…why comment now?

Anyways, the idea was always just to have a fixed stablecoin price as the listed price but not for what actually gets transacted. $GHST is still used for payment but the $DAI ‘listing’ would keep the real amount the same while $GHST does its thing in the market.

Underlying market mechanics stay the same but sellers and buyers have stable targets in stablecoin notational terms.

I replied because it was the first time I saw it, and I think it’s important to know that when you are trading in crypto that’s not a pump and dump, your goal should always be more of the crypto asset, not more fiat. GHST going up is a given. The daily price of GHST is only a concern if you are on ramping.

1 Like