GHST Liquidity Rewards on new launch - Pixelcraft / DAO collaboration

I am still learning about farming rewards. To me it seems like being an LP provider is not something a beginner to Defi would be doing. Even for someone coming from finance alot of the concepts are something new. It would be alot easier to onboard users if the barrier to initial entry is low?

Why not just see how Dino rolls out the first couple months and then decide what role they will play in the game (after Reaalm,H2)? At that point both parties would be bringing value to the table (not just Aavegotchi bringing the PR + cash flows). From what I understand yield farm APY’s go down over time so the adjusted APY is nowhere near the initial offering? correct me if i’m wrong on this.

I agree with the above points of us needing additional value beside liquidity for current farmers along with some additional Defi connections in the space. Now the question is, what is the additional value that the Dino team will be bringing to Aavegotchi long term besides liquidity?

Because I’m still learning about all this stuff I will keep an open mind and throw out a tentative ‘yes’ and continue learning as we get more info on them

4 Likes

The SigProp for this proposal is currently live in Snapshot with more than 600K GHST already voted! If this SigProp makes it to a CoreProp, all those who voted will receive XP for their Gotchis, so definitely take a few seconds to cast your vote frens :rocket:

https://snapshot.org/#/aavegotchi.eth/proposal/QmXmhmHGEQiRbD95UesBrA5pDn56qNmbe1YYSPruXsiyby

4 Likes

I also vote for YES. Also in the Snapshot. Great decision! Always First Mover.

1 Like

Be aware that there are already fake dinoswap scam sites and impersonators running around.

The real DINO token does not yet exist because the project has yet to launch.

They have launched their official blog and twitter (@DinoSwapHQ):

It looks like they are on schedule for an end of June launch and are going to be available for an AMA with us. Details to be confirmed soon!

3 Likes

There is other dino stuff on BSC also. DinoPark or something if I’m not mistaken. They have DINO$ token also

1 Like

Okay thank you. So not necessarily all are scams, but in any case, this DinoSwap project’s tokens are not yet circulating.

2 Likes

See you all in the Discord today, Thurs 3pm UTC, for our AMA with DinoSwap.

Let’s use this opportunity to get more clarity. If you are unable to attend and want to leave some specific questions, post them here and we will deliver!

2 Likes

I’m not impressed. They still remained anonymous, they didn’t answer how the mechanics of their farms+vaults/pools will work and their answers about their project were generic, they didn’t even specify a loose release date like “next month, in a few weeks” etc.

I changed my vote to no.
Only reasons everyone trusts them is because their personal wallets aren’t being directly put on the line and because they trust you Jesse and Coderdan to know who they are and know what you’re doing so they cannot just run away with 200k neither drain the rest of the treasury. As long as they don’t have direct access to 200k and neither do hackers then we’re good.

I’m not a fan of farms & vaults through new token generation, they are the opposite of consistent gains. A true consistent farm was always through a bot arbitrage trading 2 rebounding tokens like ETH/wBTC pairs or ETH&BTC against a stablecoin. If you love risk trading you might as well have shorted 10x Internet Computer on Binance 47 days ago or just move all your GHST and DAI in BTC when it bottoms out and wait for January to sell back to a stablecoin. Hell why not hire a plushie factory to sell plushies?

YFI only made it to 30k because of its extremely limited supply, it had extremely diligent whales and even after the September BTC crash it still dumped to 7k before recovering back 20k in 2 months or so. After the farming ended it became a normal token that gets used just for pair arbitrage trading.

4 Likes

The most interesting point for me at yesterdays AMA with Dinoswap was this comment:

as I understand it, DINO is a kind of… I would call it … “transferential” token, with cross-chain-functionality.
Seems to me, that this is a unique characteristic? Is there anything similar out there?

So they self-describe as a “cross-chain-farming-aggregator”:

I am certainly biased, because I love farming and am doing it on different chains.
If Dinoswap can deliver, than they certainly could add value to my farming-experience.

The new info corroborates my initial decision of “yes”.

1 Like