Idea how to handle Bots

So in other words, you guys already have a perfect solution, got it lol

1 Like

Yes, Governor DAO (GDAO) is a great solution for our sybil/bot problems. I been recently trying to educate our community on it. After we enabled spillover and saw the influx of bots and then disabled spillover. I felt it was the right time to try to educate our community on what GDAO does and the benefits we could achieve with it.

I constantly see people talking about sybil and bots but it’s all just random ideas that aren’t really solving it and are just putting a bandaid on it. We are making things overly complicated with this Console discussion and all the other ideas popping up. We can avoid all of it with Proof of existence.

Proof of existence tech actually solves it outright and we could turn spillover back on before harvestors get implemented with no issues.

2 Likes

Yes! We spent most of 2021 perfecting the tech and its operability.

2022 has been focused on building out and gaining a wider audience.

The most frustrating part of this is knowing we have the solution and continuing to see sybil issues and exploits wreak havoc on projects all across the space.

We have a slow week at the DAO meeting… an AMA on a potential Sybil solver would be a wonderful surprise.

2 Likes

i was thinking: what about add a generated code in a channel or the server linked to your Discord account (using bots like Collabland) to withdraw collected alchs? So for example, i’m in the gotchiverse collecting alchs, i go to the portal to withdraw, and then ask me a code, and to do that you should go in the official Aavegotchi Discord server and link your wallet to your discord profile, but to do that you need to get the role “ACTIVE GOTCHI”, so just which are active can withdraw, if not, you can just use them in the game to play.

in this way, we’ll increase the activity on the discord server, that should be our “chat house”, and will be really difficulty have many accounts with the role “active gotchi” cause should really be active in the Discord with many accounts, we can easily trace bots and their accounts