A good game economy aims to balance its sources (inflation) and sinks (deflation) and frequently adjusts mechanics to do so.
In a Web3 game, extra care must be taken to ensure that these balance changes do not significantly affect the developmental plans of the players involved.
Currently, the Gotchiverse has two main sources — Alchemical Channeling, and Farming. New supply added from Alchemical Channeling far outpaces that of Harvesting, and together combined, the sources outpace sinks by a ratio of roughly 10:1.
I believe it is necessary to take some action to bring these ratios closer back to equilibrium.
Note: This proposal would replace the current proposal by Mark/Fantasma.
My proposal is as follows:
- Disable Alchemical Channeling completely, except for one full day during the week (likely Saturday, to coincide with hangouts). Spillover would be enabled for Alchemical channeling. This will drastically cut the inflation coming from Alchemical Channeling, immediately bringing the S-S equilibrium closer to 1. This would be re-visited in three months and adjusted accordingly.
- Enable spillover for Reservoirs 24/7. Alchemica stored inside parcels is limited and land owners should have a claim to the Alchemica stored inside.
- Allow 100% refund for demolishing Altars. Since this is a large adjustment, we should allow parcel owners to update their strategies accordingly with no penalty.
- Boost movement speed and hit points for high kinship Gotchis. Since high kinship is tied to Alchemical Channeling yield, without Alchemical Channeling this mechanism would no longer function. Additional movement speed and HP would allow high kinship Gotchis to excel at Alchemica gathering. This mechanic may or may not be permanent, but would be active during this three-month period.
As mentioned in the points above, this proposal would last for three months after being implemented, and the sources-to-sinks ratio would be monitored during this time. A proposal would be made during the last two weeks detailing the success or failure of the implementation, and steps to proceed after it expires.
PVE / PVP gameplay is on the way frens. You can see the progress we are making after yesterday’s demo. We are not worried about the Gotchiverse becoming a “ghost town” at this point. When the time is right and conditions are optimal, it is easy to attract players.
A 100% refund for Altars is necessary because some players who planned their strategy around Alchemical Channeling on multiple parcels will be negatively affected by this patch. With such a drastic change in game rules, it makes sense to allow them to restructure without penalty.
As for the bank run scenario, if all the LE Golden Altars and Altars that have ever been minted were burned today, the total would be roughly 25M FUD, 19M FOMO, 11M ALPHA, and 3.3M KEK.
The REALM Diamond currently contains 83M FUD, 45M FOMO, 20M ALPHA, and 7M KEK, a large surplus over that total amount.
We recently implemented an API called Jigger that helps catch bots. Other P2E games are using it, and so far it has had pretty good results at catching bot daddies.
Addresses flagged by Jigger can use Proof of Humanity to get a SBT, similar to how GovernorDAO works. But you only need to verify if your address is flagged.
The cartridge contracts have also been completed and are waiting for Gotchiverse UI implementation. We are planning to deploy them within this three month period and monitor performance.
I strongly believe that if the DAO wants to deploy a solution for bringing sinks and sources back into equilibrium, we should go to the root cause, which currently is Alchemical Channeling. It is clear that the demand side of our economy is not strong enough to support this mechanic yet, and we must maintain flexibility in this crucial time of the Gotchiverse. Minor changes such as those currently proposed do not address the root cause, and also sow division in the community without offering any olive branches.
As a DAO we should strive to back up our proposals with onchain data. Here are the forecasted before/after effects of this proposal, if implemented today.
Channeling (spillover deducted):
- 616,000 FUD
- 308,000 FOMO
- 154,000 ALPHA
- 61,600 KEK
Channeling (including spillover):
- 919,214 FUD
- 459,607 FOMO
- 229,804 ALPHA
- 91,922 KEK
Harvesting (not deducting spillover):
- 236681 FUD total generated
- 151832 FOMO total generated
- 53720 ALPHA total generated
- 12722 KEK total generated
Actual Harvesting (Spillover deducted)
- 182851 FUD (23% spillover)
- 115051 FOMO (25% spillover)
- 39101 ALPHA (28% spillover)
- 10116 KEK (21% spillover)
Total Daily Inflation
- 798,851 FUD
- 423,051 FOMO
- 193,101 ALPHA
- 71,716 KEK
Assuming no new Altars, Harvesters, Reservoirs built
Channeling (original values divided by 7)
- 131316 FUD
- 65658 FOMO
- 32,829 ALPHA
- 13,131 KEK
Harvesting (including spillover)
- 236681 FUD
- 151832 FOMO
- 53720 ALPHA
- 12722 KEK
Total Daily Inflation After Changes (Forecast)
- 367,997 FUD ( -54%)
- 217,490 FOMO (-49%)
- 86549 ALPHA (-56%)
- 25853 KEK (-64%)
Daily new supply would be reduced by 54%, 49%, 56%, and 64% for FUD, FOMO, ALPHA, KEK respectively if this proposal were implemented.