Bot Taask Force

This would be such an amazing step forward… talking with many scholars many of them are just not interested because they know they are getting beat at every turn by bots… I feel like if we implemented The SWAAT Team… I would Utilize the chat mechanisms in game to prove they are in fact human… maybe simple questions like emoji checks that bots would not be able to simply ascertain in a short period of time and non compliance just gives away that they are bots… we definitely need some sheriffs in this new Wild Wild GotchiWest…

4 Likes

I’m not sure how effective the chat would be. Personally I don’t use the chat much and I suspect many others don’t either.

Exactly my point if your not paying attention to the SWAAT Team in chat then your in trouble… whats the purpose of implementing chat if no one is paying attention and bots are swarming the verse… Its a great option without implementing tons of new code.

The in game HUD is definitely something we should be giving feedback on, elsewhere. The chat is not usable in its current state. It needs to be transparent or it needs to be able to go into a separate window.

1 Like

I’d just like to point out that I’ve already been banned twice by over-zealous folks, so I’m a little skeptical about rewarding people with alch for reporting… I’m all for the SWAAT if quality control and follow up stay intrinsic to the force.

Accountability is everything.

I doubt you were banned manually, it was probably automated.

1 Like

im all up for any of this, with or without some extra rewards ,
establishing a protocol for bot-report is important: UTC time, gotchi name or id , district
I disagree that the people who trigger the ban should also take care of the ban-appeal,
but having a handful of people roaming the verse with pause/kick/ban capabilities would for sure be useful imo.
Include me in any proposal you make please , wether people like me or not i think i’ve been present long enough in the community to be considered “trustworthy”
For that zoom hack/exploit i still believe changes should be made to the actual game to limit much more the current possible zoom, yes people would be angry and the gameplay would suffer significantly on periods of low alchemica spillage but its a matter of survival of the current gameplay and making it easier to spot people with some sort of advantage

3 Likes

The zoom thing is definitely being worked on by the devs.

I would volunteer what time I have to join swaat.
I hate bots and what they are doing. I own this beast
botsarelame

3 Likes