Launch of RF SZN4

Kinship is a pillar of the rarity farm, and what drew many of us to Aavegotchi in the first place; it was the only major interaction we all had with our gotchis for over a year outside of the occasional point spend or outfit change.

Putting in the time and the effort, setting your alarms, or even sticking around and having a direct abstraction of your time investment, in the case of automated kinship metas, is what rewards our OGs and early gotchi enjoyoors. Rugpulling the most integral leaderboard would be incredibly short-sighted and self-destructive toward the entire gotchi ecosystem.

9 Likes

When you can rent for free…who is cut out?

If we go by your logic, any price for a gotchi is too high, because it cuts someone out.

What’s strange about this accessibility argument people keep making is that accessibility has been one of the pillars of Aavegotchi from the beginning, and arguably the one we’ve fulfilled most consistently and completely. Please, find me another blockchain game where you can rent the most expensive assets for free or near free, with scholar splits like ours, that does fair token drops, with such consistent staking APR, with more “little guys” entering a few tickets and getting life-changing money, with the hardworking guild leaders like ours who genuinely care about and help the people working for them, that values and takes action based on all voices in the DAO…I could go on and on.

“Demand” doesn’t just mean that some people want gotchis (I do too, btw :slightly_smiling_face:). It means that a lack of gotchis is causing noticeable problems for the project or game. I do not see any evidence of that currently.

3 Likes

100% in favour of leaving RF the way it is, in both timelines and splits.
There are A LOT of interventionists here (would be central bankers?) who love to tinker and try to pull and play with all the economic levers we have, to incentivise what? In all likelihood to pump their own bags. PC keep telling us they’ve spent a lot of time and effort thinking carefully and strategically through all the tokenomics and it’s becoming clear that we mess with them to our own detriment.
Look at the Bible. Look at the roadmaps. Listen to the devs in weekly hangouts and DAO meetings and form your strategies with the plans we have in place rather than trying to bend the game to favour your current positions. rant over :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m not sure why more is being allocated to Kinship than Xp for 2 reasons:

1. Kinship is literally just pressing a button twice a day (or getting a bot to do it for you) whereas xp is earned by stuff like submitting proposals, voting, and showing up for events

2. Kinship is actively being rewarded currently whereas xp isn’t

Historically, kinship has always been the more active and engaged category. Keeping up with your petting windows before bots became widespread was quite an endeavour, and there was a sizeable amount of movement back and forth on the boards. Currently, it is still the “hardest board” to forcefully move on, where xp and brs are easily “bought” and given to a gotchi via the sacrifice system and the equipping of items, a gotchi can only have a set amount of kinship interactions daily. This makes it an interesting play as both a long-term investment, and, at the very top of the board, as a leverage play.

In the current situation, kinship and xp are both mostly automated categories, with both votes and petting being delegated and done automatically by various services. I don’t think that invalidates them as boards, it merely makes them different (a function of time spent in the gotchiverse ecosystem, since you can’t pull xp votes or kinship interaction moments out of a big hat at will, they’re locked by our own “human time”)

I disagree with kinship being actively rewarded currently, since that is in the realm and beyond the scope of the rarity farm. If we’re going down that route, we can say xp is getting rewarded in the future realm, and so is brs / item ownership, so why hold the rarity farm in the first place right? This would be an incredibly damaging race to the bottom, tying not just our wagon but the entire farm to the realm and its levers/faucets.

The rarity farm leaderboards should stay entirely separate from the gotchiverse realm gameplay - though I don’t think it’s a bad idea to create separate realm leaderboards that reward alchemica and glitter instead of GHST; the rarity farm model is probably our greatest success and innovation in the intersection of defi and nft ownership, many nft projects have tried to follow our lead, and many have crashed and burned into being useless farm tokens. Let’s not squander that strength of ours, but build on it instead!

8 Likes

Yeah, I retract my statement that it’s appropriate to balance it harder to XP than kin due to the state of the realm… this is a protocol feature not a verse feature, and verse should have zero impact on protocol. We change the verse to fit the protocol, not the other way around.

2 Likes

I agree, saying that kinship is already being rewarded inside the verse is not really a valid argument, rarity farming is exactly that, valueing the rarity, so gotchis that get more rewards inside the verse get rewarded extra from this leaderboard.
I dont see anyone interested in upping the prizes strangely, is everyone happy with the 1.5M ghst ? Couldnt we be more ambitious and show the extractors(i mean scholars that dont save their alchemica/ghst) that the Aavegotchi assets are much more than just a way to walk around in the Gotchiverse?
If people want to see Xp more valuable, we could add 200k ghst to the pot (making 1.7M ghst) and take 5% from the BRS leaderboard and split it with kinship/XP , maintaining the BRS rewards, and giving a bit more value to the rest …

3 Likes

I forgot… buff never nerf.

1 Like