Possible Allowlist For The Open Market

Ok people lets be 100% honest. The way the open rental market is currently setup is making it easy for the Gotchiverse as a whole to be botted because of its ease of access. The open market itself is now being heavily botted also because of how easy it is to rent a gotchi. The problem is that the market is needed because it is a place that allows asset owners to list there services in a seamless, permission less way to address a few needs. It allows asset owners who are not in a guild or the guild’s whitelist does not support the amount that is needed. It also allows asset owners that do not want or have the time to cultivate a white list a way to lend their gotchi. I was talking with @kuwlness and we are proposing that from now up until the Gotchiverse is fully open or perhaps further that we make the open market “allowlist only”. The idea is similar to many others that have been put forward but differs from them by making the open market “allow list only”. This system along with keeping the current more restrictive white list that all guilds are using imo is the best way forward at this time. Asset owners would be airdropped a one per wallet soul bound (non tradeable) nft that would give them access to the open market while non holders would still need to be on a white list to rent gotchi in effect closing the loop and stopping bad actors.
Some of the problems i see are:

What will be the minimal requirement to receive a soul bound “passport” nft?

How will “humanity” requirements be scored?

How long will they be active (yearly, quarterly or monthly)?

What happens when the asset is sold/transferred?

For the first question, i think the minimal requirement should be just owning a parcel or a gotchi being that only one of each is needed now for gameplay and a minimum “activity score” proving humanity should be used. Anyone has the ability to go buy an asset but if the wallet that holds it has no recent activity that proves “humanity”, it will not qualify.
I think we could use these basic metrics: Age of the wallet, Types of transactions, Assets held and finally by using the Know Your Scholar tool, as a reference, to see how this wallet has interacted with the Gotchiverse. These may not be the most optimum ways of checking but they would be the basis going forward.
How long they would last is completely up to the DAO but imo monthly or every 60 days would be the best because asset owners that may not have qualified when they first purchased could have a chance if they improved their score.
The final question is the most tricky of all. This is why i think a 30 day limit will be the most efficient and effective way of doing this. This would give an automatic end date to previous passports and a clear scheduled time for new asset holders also. If an asset holder was to sell to another asset holder between airdrop dates, the holder, if not having a passport already, would only need to submit a ticket in discord with the transaction number to be verified by showing both seller’s and buyer’s wallet. If the “humanity” of the wallet is easily seen then a passport could be airdropped or a link to a “gas only” site to purchase one could be given. Personally i prefer an airdrop but it is really dependent on the person and if they are willing to wait. If the “humanity” of the wallet can’t be easily proven, the new owner would have to choose either a custodial entity to help improve this, join one of our many guilds or seek out individuals to join their white list. I do not foresee proving “humanity” as a really high barrier to overcome. The only way I see wallets not passing are if the wallet is really “new”, has not been used in a substantial amount of time, or your Know Your Scholar score is really low.

Welcoming anyone with thoughts on this.

4 Likes

This is an interesting concept, I think a very efficient way to implement this would be by Give Aavegotchi Souls. If we implemented an account/wallet level authentication layer built upon Lens profile NFT’s this should function as the “allow list”. Just require each Lending Market participant to “Authenticate With Lens”.

I don’t think we would need to airdrop cartridges, SBT, etc. Like you alluded to I think the solution would be to assign an “Activity Score” / “Fren Score” to each Soul. I think the items that are added and their weight are up for debate, but this could also work as a progressive onboarding tool for new users.

Proposed “Activity Score”/ “Fren Score” could include:

Age of Wallet, Aavegotchi Tenure, Assets Owned, Guild Associations, Badges, Game Performance, etc.

The above list is obviously not exhaustive but seems like a decent starting point, each category could be assigned a weight and one score could represent your Souls standing within the Gotchiverse… This could also be another way to compete with each other.

What will be the minimal requirement to receive a soul bound “passport” nft?

I think we just implement Lens as the wallet authentication layer, each wallet gets a “Fren Score”. Those with Fren Scores above a certain threshold have unrestricted access, new wallets or those with lower Fren Scores can go through a probationary/ progressive onboarding process and can be monitored more closely. Maybe part of this could be outsourced to different Guilds? Or Maybe being involved with a Guild is weighted very heavily in the Fren Score and could fast track you in the on boarding process?

How will “humanity” requirements be scored?

This will be accomplished through a combination of Lens Profile NFT’s & the Fren Score. I think the Fren Score should be heavily weighted towards elements that are not able to be purchased.

How long will they be active (yearly, quarterly or monthly)?

Active until revoked. Each Lending Market participant is required to “Authenticate with Lens” If an account is spotted as a Bot the address will be revoked or flagged in some way, or maybe their Fren Score could be penalized resulting in their permissions/game play ability being reduced/paused until it can be rehabilitated through behavior positive to the community.

What happens when the asset is sold/transferred?

This would potentially impact the Fren Score by increasing or decreasing it depending on if more assets were acquired or sold. I personally think weight given to asset ownership should be carefully considered, as I think other things should be weighted more. Buying and Selling Assets should only negligibly effect your Fren Score and maybe it should be excluded and accounted for in some other way entirely.

2 Likes

Hmm well that does sound interesting but i do not know how i feel about requiring membership in an outside entity. If we made this a requirement, we would imo be making players doxx themselves to gain the ability to enter the gotchiverse open market. Don’t get me wrong, if we used Lens, Twitter or even Discord it would make this a lot easier but imo would go against the web3 ethos. Imo the collected nfts could maybe function as collected badges or poaps showing how you supported the project in its early stages. We could even have a monthly competition to select the next month’s nft.

2 Likes

I like Lens for that precise reason, it is blockchain based. It’s the social graph protocol developed by the Aave team. No email is needed to create a profile.

I think it aligns near perfectly with Vitalik’s Souls definition. There needs to be a “Soul” that SBT’s can be attached to.

I think the “Activity Score” maybe better named “Fren Score” would accomplish the same end goal. The “Fren Score” could be calculated by the accumulation of Soul Bound Tokens (SBT’s)

We already use Discord for the purpose of undoing incorrect bot flagging, and that is pure Dox/ Web2

1 Like

Lol truthfully the name doesn’t really matter as long as the job gets done. You have actually brought up a good point. Most if not all gotchi owners have already connected their discord accounts to their wallets that hold them when they filled out typeforms to get xp airdropped for them. So maybe including it would cause less friction since it is already a major part of the gotchiverse.

2 Likes

Disregard above… Looks like the thinking on this was flawed…Dan was able to elaborate on some of the challenges

2 Likes

The idea of how we are using discord got me thinking. What if we made the distribution of the soulbound nfts much like we currently do with xp airdrops. We would give advance notice (5 to 7 days) on when the snapshot will happen. On the day of the snapshot, we post a typeform for interested parties to complete with the basic information: discord ID, wallet address and which nft held (gotchi and/or parcel). We could post/pin the information for about 12hrs or 24hrs to give players the opportunity to submit one. We should probably combine this with a weekly hangout because most of the players are familiar with this practice. IMO if it was done this way, it would drastically reduce the workload only focusing on the asset owners that would want the soulbound passport by not having to shift through every wallet that owned one. It also would be a frictionless way of proving “humanity” by utilizing the tools that we are familiar with and currently using.

Implement the Soulbound NFT Passport

• Implement the Soulbound NFT Passport for the Open Market Until Public Launch
  • Implement the Soulbound NFT Passport for the Open Market Going Forward
  • Leave the Open Market As Is

0 voters

I like this idea too, I’m not 100% sure how to distribute it, but we could even potentially charge a fee (5 or 10 ghst) and a real player would hopefully make a good return over time, but a bot who was spotted and removed quickly would actually have contributed rather then extracted… the key being that the Caartridge / NFT is non-transferable so it can’t just be sent to another wallet.

Also this could help with growth… we can establish how many new players we want to come in monthly for example and issue that many new cartridges… maybe even raffle them off.

1 Like

i explained everything in the post preceding the pole, we would be using an air drop to distribute the passports based on the information submitted on a typeform. I am liking the idea of a small “deposit fee”/raffle for non asset holders if this was to continue pass the closed building portion of the gotchiverse’s initial development :thinking:

What information will this typeform collect that isn’t captured in the current discord verification system, which isn’t working well enough currently?

Re-reading above, perhaps I’m confused. Are you saying we need two passports? One caartridge to access the gotchiverse and another one to access the open rental market? This feels redundant (assuming you were on board with the original caartridge idea?). A 1 caartridge system for access into the gotchiverse should be enough to cover bad actors in the open rental market as well as there’s no point botting the rental market when you can’t get into the gotchiverse.

Spend-to-play-to-earn mechanics favour bots and discourage humans imo, and the higher the entry fee, the worse the proposition for new entrants, and the greater the incentive to extract value to recover costs before re-investing in the ecosystem.

If/when we move to caartridges they should be air dropped to asset holders and not purchasable with tokens (at least initially). As Dan says, the issue then becomes determining the criteria for round 2 air drops/renewals.

Yes you are confusing the two proposals. From my understanding, the caartride idea was being shelved for now. This proposal is only dealing with the open rental market, whereas entry into the gotchiverse is a different topic. The assumption with stopping the spillage was that we were targeting bots, so if plans to turn it on again are being made we need to deal with the major contributing supplier… the open market. The passport system i am proposing is geared toward a somewhat closed market that would be asset owner based in the interm, allowing them the opportunity to list/rent those assets while PC focuses on game development. Also they could be discontinued at anytime if a better system comes online and we would look at them as badges gotten as early supporters. This system would run in conjuction with all the current whitelists. Entry through a whitelist would work sort of like a VIP entrance since it will be done using a by list of address for entry, whereas the soulbound nfts act more like a general admission. The checks would go 1st “are you on a whitelist?” then 2nd “do you have a passport?”. IMO for the interm, whitelists should be the only way a non passport holder should be able to access the market. First being under this system the open market itself would be somewhat vetted and secondly, guilds/whitelist should be the first stop for all new players/owners to learn the game.
Lol the idea of a “down payment” or raffle to be able to use the open market was something that was said if this was to go past this interm stage and was just ideas. Also they were geared toward non asset owners.

i like this idea, kinda like a pass you get in your opensea account and lets you have access to things.

1 Like

Nice information thanks for sharing.

1 Like