Second Round VRF Rolls for Parcels

Let’s start some conversation about the second VRF roll for parcels.

Nearly all discussion and communication around the timeframe for Rounds was that Round 1 would be 6 months and subsequent rounds would be shorter. We are now past 6 months with no Round 2 in sight which leaves many of the most invested builders who have been here from the beginning of the Gotchiverse rekt. I’d like to propose that we have the round 2 VRF roll by the end of January with subsequent rolls hopefully taking place after great battles as planned.

Land owners have been especially crushed by the bear market, lack of alchemica sinks and market trends in Aavegotchi specifically. We should try our best to stay true to timelines, support our invested community, and create a pattern of trust and follow-through that encourages re-investment and attracts new investors.

We are working as a community to balance farming vs channeling emissions, and this is in line with that goal. The major cons are increased overall emissions, VRF roll not coming with the great battle, and dev work needed to prep VRF roll #2. I look forward to hearing from the community over the next week before a signal prop to assess stakeholder sentiment.

10 Likes

It seems like a good time to initiate the second round of VRF Rolls considering we’re pushing towards a more harvesting-focused gotchiverse with the alchemica spending competition.

I’m still hopeful we can have a Great Battle before the second VRF Roll. But if this is not something PC can have ready soon, then I endorse having Roll #2 start at the end of January.

7 Likes

While I would love to have more specific deadlines for the second round, I also want to avoid disrupting the established lore. The Great Battle was intended to be the culminating event of each round, so for now, I think it would be best to stick to the timeline of PixelCraft and wait until things are fully ready. Once the concept has been properly tested and validated, we can consider returning to the original plan of having a Great Battle every 3-4 months.

6 Likes

Admittedly I’m a little torn here.

While I’d like to respect the lore of the Gotchiverse which as prophesied by the Tree of FUD a Great Battle takes place prior to Surveying for Round 2, I also see the need to follow the estimated timeline of Act 1.

To be honest (and a little selfish I must admit), I’m leaning towards following the timeline because that it what the Gotchiverse is doing. Haarvesters are mining Alchemica at a set rate as per the Bible which means my stores of Alchemica from Round 1 are almost depleted. And I’m sure many land owners who planned accordingly to the original timeline have already cleaned out the Alchemica from Round 1 which renders their farming installations useless until Round 2.

I’ll be following this topic closely and look forward to the views of all farmers as it’s a discussion I would have started soon had Dr. Wagmi not beat me to it.

Thanks frens!

6 Likes

I am also all for the DAO staying as close to as possible to the timetable/vision that PC has in mind. I am sure when they thought about the timeline they knew that a few owners would have emptied or be close to emptying their parcels before each Great Battle. Those that chose to empty their parcels quickly have the benefit of full access to their tokens, while those that are still mining are illiquid. We never had a hard date that was set to reroll parcels and all the new recipes with projected times were based on Act 1 as a whole. This did have an approximate timeline on how long it would take to empty the initial survey Aadepts Cheat Sheet - Gotchiverse however it clearly states here that rerolls would be Event based (and imo would also take into account the percentages of empty parcels :man_shrugging:) Farming your Parcel - Gotchiverse . With Dan saying that the original plan was the beginning of Q2 for the Great Battle, we now have a timeline. I predict that the rerolls will be more frequent since we will be going for 25% to 8.3% :grin:

2 Likes

Unlike traditional game development, as a community we all have the luxury of being a part of the very development of the game from the ground up. This also carries moderate risk by way of changes in game structure and potential timelines along the way. This is true of all new technologies, and shouldn’t be overlooked when making investments in any areas of Web3.
Whilst its unfortunate that some early investors are currently feeling REKT, for me, the long term health and viability of the game will always be more important than the short term investment returns of individuals. We should be focusing on putting our faith in the team and vision that we invested in for the long term and thank ourselves lucky we haven’t been rugged so far.
This is the long way of saying I believe we should wait til after the great battle, whenever that may be, before moving to Act2.

8 Likes

I am also all for the DAO staying as close to as possible to the timetable/vision that PC has in mind. I am sure when they thought about the timeline they knew that a few owners would have emptied or be close to emptying their parcels before each Great Battle. Those that chose to empty their parcels quickly have the benefit of full access to their tokens, while those that are still mining are illiquid. We never had a hard date that was set to reroll parcels and all the new recipes with projected times were based on Act 1 as a whole. This did have an approximate timeline on how long it would take to empty the initial survey Aadepts Cheat Sheet - Gotchiverse however it clearly states here that rerolls would be Event based (and imo would also take into account the percentages of empty parcels :man_shrugging:) Farming your Parcel - Gotchiverse . With Dan saying that the original plan was the beginning of Q2 for the Great Battle, we now have a timeline. I predict that the rerolls will be more frequent since we will be going for 25% to 8.3% :grin:

I 100% agree with Quicy1971 :point_up:

I don’t believe we are ready to move forward with round 2 that soon.

4 Likes

Pushing this new vote as a “targeted nerf/rug to those most supporting the ecosystem to intentionally delay rerolls” is very disingenuous. Landowners made conscious decisions on how aggressively they would mine their parcels. Those predicted timelines were “insta-builds” using $GLTR which GREATLY shortened the normal empty times of miners which it seems some did not take into account in their initial DYOR. IMO it looks like the timeline was based more on a lvl 7~8 done with a lvl 3~4 maaker (which is another sink that was under utilized imho) and not the “insta-build” method that some have been using as a reference. Would it not be fairer to see what percentage of parcels (spacious and reasonables) are empty or close to being empty and then make a plan? Wouldn’t March be seen as a better Month? It would allow for a 4x reroll this year on a nice schedule. I do agree that we do need to have a more structured timeframe but not one based on “insta-builds”.

3 Likes

As a landowner who drained the most developed land two months ago, I support this proposal. :joy:

1 Like

IMHO, without starting the second round soon and “on schedule”, there’s some risk of liquidation of installaations if bears predict further bear markets. If you expect anywhere close to 50% drop in value of Aalchemica (minus time value in GLTR) over the next few months until maybe the second round starts , then you might go ahead and get liquid now, if your Haarvesters have run dry. Putting further strain on the Aalchemica market.

1 Like

Yup. I’ll be selling my full L9 set-ups if the motion doesn’t pass.

I suppose on the flip side, since liquidating burns half the Aalchemica, short term it may add more downward pressure to the market, but long term could be net positive. That all said, just me thinking out loud on this forum. I don’t do any extended analysis, though I wish I had the time to.

Honestly not sure if kidding. The last time I floated this possibility, at least one person thought it was nuts. And I’m not sure I disagree with them.

Most definitely kidding :smiley:

That would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Any farm built up enough to run out of alch is a long term investment and you don’t get the glitter or the time back.

2 Likes

Interesting points all round, I agree with the point of analyzing how many parcels are empty overall. I know the voting is closed but I’m still interested to discuss and share my 2c.

If less than 10% of the parcels are empty or close to it seems like it would negatively impact the larger community not having an opportunity to farm the largest portion of Alch that we can roll (Act 1).

If half the parcels were close to empty I’d support it wholeheartedly, would be really keen to see some data around it. Maybe it’s been shared I haven’t been as engaged on the forums/discord since launch of farming.

Personally I felt I was building pretty aggressively, I sold 5 or 6 gotchis, some legendary items and invested everything back in to building. Also did some additional GHST purchasing + RF rewards + staking rewards from other tokens all being invested into building, and I have 2 of my 6 spacious that are close to empty only in FOMO.

Not trying to protect my bags here but I’m online twice daily and reinvesting every spare GHST/$ since the launch of farming, I feel if I still have well over 50% of my alch left, many others may still have 75/80% left. I could be wayyyyy off here, though and would instantly change my tune if the data supported it, so would be good to see some data. I am too small-brained to pull that data from wherever it is.

I would support the use of some spillover funds being added to the lands of those who did deplete their alch already as a nod to the significant investment being made in the Gotchiverse that benefits us all. Maybe VRF roll a portion of the spillover for empty parcels?

2 Likes