Should we retire the Baazaar listing fee?

limit orders would be so dreamy.

The listing fee is harmful to the market liquidity and activity. Iā€™ve already tried to push removing it a year ago. Mentioned botting problem is nonsense. It is the same as removing market makers from a market.

2 Likes

Idea 1:
Remove the fees and add some backend signer to make sure the listing was done using the UI

Idea 2:
5 free listing per day per wallet.
Then itā€™s 0.1 Matic per listing.
=> I guess they can have multiple wallets but theyā€™ll have the cost of transferring ERC1155s?

Idea 3:
Each time you relist the same item without selling it, the same day/week, the baazaar takes a higher fee at sale.

PS: I didnā€™t say they were great ideas, but maybe it can give birth to a better idea in your brain.

Glad to see some action in this thread! Itā€™s actually something weā€™d like to move on soon.

This isnā€™t really an option as, similar to the current GBM, we are not using a backend to track if someone is ā€œonlineā€, and thus itā€™s easy to just call the backend API to get the signature.

This adds a lot of extra accounting on the smart contract side, which will add gas. I donā€™t think itā€™s a great solution.

Same as above. Lots more onchain accounting.

Iā€™m planning to make a sigprop soon with the following options:

1. Convert 0.1 GHST into 0.1 MATIC. Everything else stays the same.
  2. Option 1 + Fee is only charged for delisting, not initial listing.
  3. Remove the fee completely.

There will be a stipulation that this issue will be revisited in 90 days and weā€™ll work on a dashboard to help analyze the before/after effects of whichever options passes.

The fee itself will go into a new wallet owned by the DAO that could potentially be using for paying for gasless txns of certain areas of the dapp.

If no one has any major objections, Iā€™m planning to make this Sigprop this week!

4 Likes

I think listing fee is neccessary, as protection againts bots.

I havent heard idea ā€œlets replace GHST listing feeā€ for Alchemica.

Its not just about alchemica sinks, we need more ā€œnicheā€ use for each alchemica type.

What if we use 2 KEK as listing FEE? We can always change the FEE if alchemica go down in price / up in priceā€¦If needed we could propose some automatic mechanis each Month / Year Quater to revisit fee based on GHST to KEK ratio.

1 Like

Interesting idea but the main motivation behind removing the fee or changing it to MATIC was so newcomers who want to list an item donā€™t have to go searching for an ERC20 token they donā€™t already own. Polygon users already have MATIC so if we keep the fee it would make sense to use MATIC token for it, not another ERC20 token.

2 Likes

I understand the need for more Alchemica sinks. But are we blurring the line between Aavegotchi the protocol and Gotchiverse the game? I think Alchemica needs to stay in the Gotchiverse as a in-game tokens. Unless of course weā€™re talking about creating a separate Baazaar type experience in the Gotchiverse for which Alchemica would make perfect sense. But that seems like a different conversation.

1 Like

I understand,

what if we give option in ā€œsettingsā€ā€¦ you could choose between GHST, MATIC (default) or KEK, what would you like to be your bazzar FEE payment.

I dont know how difficult it is to implement / codeā€¦ so might not be worth it.

Here:

My views is very pragmatic on this. I am looking for alchemica utility where i can.

Moar alchemica utility / sinks ā†’ Moar value to gotchiverse lands ā†’ Moar Land auctions ā†’ Income for Pixelcraft.

1 Like

Oh my poor tax accountant :sweat_smile:

With Aavegotchi currently having 6 x ERC-20 tokens, Iā€™d love to do less on-chain, not more. Iā€™m sure we can find a ton of use for Alchemica within the Gotchiverse game moving forward.

Simply put, currently for tax reporting (as far as I can tell); Alchemica tokens are deposited into a Pool (Gotchiverse), and withdrawn later as Rewards. All the hundreds (thousands?) of off-chain (non-taxable events) that take place in the game environment is nobodyā€™s business. But Iā€™m probably on a tax rant because Iā€™m trying to work out my many thousands of Aavegotchi transactions from 2022 :confounded:

But taxes aside, Iā€™m just a fan of KISS. coderdan already admitted weā€™ve reached maximum complexity in 2022. I think preventing the in-game economy from seeping out into the Protocol just makes sense. For both newbies and for the unfortunate annual pain we need to go through with taxes.

1 Like