Signal Proposal: Fixed Voting Power in GHST for each Aavegotchi

In an effort to strengthen the AavegotchiDAO and give fair voting power to the Aavegotchi community, I’d like to revisit the topic of voting power given to each Aavegotchi.

This forum post is strictly to determine a fair GHST value per aavegotchi (wearable voting power has been proposed separately). This will serve to ensure each and every aavegotchi has a voice in each action the DAO takes going forward.

I propose 3 options of valuing voting power per aavegotchi:

300 GHST per gotchi (ape tax price)
100 GHST per gotchi (base price)
BRS weighted per gotchi (1 GHST voting power per point of BRS)

• 100 GHST voting power
  • 300 GHST voting power
  • BRS weighted voting power

0 voters

Please vote for your desired choice and open the discussion for moving this signal proposal forward!

10 Likes

Thank you for stepping up with this @dank ! Love it!
There is elegance and genius in brevity, and your first post shows that :grinning:

3 Likes

This is another great idea! In conjunction with the Wearables having voting power, this is will fully level the playing field with regard to those that have spent the majority of their GHST on gotchis and/or wearables.

3 Likes

As the Aavegotchi-conomy has now shifted, so that there is maybe even more value existant in Gotchis/Wearbales than in GHST-holdings (which were the sole part in the beginning) I find it proper to grant voting power especially to Gotchis.
As the average purchase-price of an Aavegotchi is surely closer to 300 than to 100 GHST, I opted for the 300 GHST-voting-power option. Thank you for the proposal!

4 Likes

I think using 300 GHST as voting power is a bit too arbitrary, especially with the new distribution model for Haunt 2. Base BRS weighted voting power would, in my opinion, capture the actual cost better and take the different rarities into account, which creates a more accurate voting system.

5 Likes

I think the idea here is to give even the less desirable gotchis a decent vote here. 300 GHST was original ape tax price. Idk your thoughts about double Myths but their BRS has little to no bearing on their value.

4 Likes

Even cheap Gotchis have a BRS of 300+, I feel like there should be some representation of price in voting weight.

2 Likes

Mhmmm, Do you have a formula that has fit your fancy good ser?

Just throwing it out there but has anyone ever considered just a flat out BRS = GHST voting weight?

2 Likes

For BRS Weighted:
50 GHST + .25 * Total BRS = Total voting power

1 Like

Why do you propose 50 GHST as base for your calculation ser?

1 Like

It would set the naked gotchi range to 125-200. 1 portal was 100 ghst so that would leave the maxiumum naked gotchi at double the base price; 50 would obviously be half. The numbers worked clean to me and made sense but just a thought!

1 Like

Thank you for explaining ser. Although it would seem the gotchi floor price is at least 300 GHST at the time of writing this. It would be nice to at least offer that amount for any novice looking for bang for their buck, even in the uncompetitive gotchi.

I’m totally ok with 300 base alone but 300 * 0.25(BRS) would be even better. Any less than 300 and I’m just wondering why…

Reaching quorum seems improbable should we chose to add weighted BRS to the equation.

1 Like

That is true but for two reasons I don’t agree.

1. This is just Haunt 1 so in time gotchis will decrease in value as a whole (not saying H1 will)
    2.We are coming from it being worth 0 so some people will see any value as too much. Using a weighted scale will make it more fair with everyone as long as there is a base value that can get people can get excited regardless of their rarity.

Using 300 GHST would work for the next couple of quarters but I don’t believe its sustainable. Starting at 300 then changing could work but I think an adapting BRS calculator would be best

1 Like

That’s actually what I meant.

380 BRS = 380 GHST voting power
530 BRS = 530 GHST voting power

I don’t think it would be too hard to implement and there’s no arbitrary floor price that can change over time.

3 Likes

Ok, beautiful. I’m changing my vote from 300 if we can agree this is what is meant by “BRS weighted voting power”

It would be helpful if Ser @dank could update to specifics and we run it through discord for a minute.

Nemawashi: laying the foundation

5 Likes

@Kokusho

Awesome, this is what I meant by “BRS weighted power”. 1 GHST VP per point of BRS

I’ll update the post to make this more clear, thanks!

2 Likes

I like the idea of a weighted BRS formula to account, at least partially, for the gotchi’s market value.
@actaeon suggested to use : ( BRS + (BRS - 500) ) ² for gotchis over 500 BRS points (otherwise: BRS).
I would prefer an even more boosted curve with the following model for BRS > 500 : ( BRS + 1.12 ^ (BRS - 500) )

Sorry for adding more complexity, a simple BRS weighted voting would still be better than nothing

3 Likes