1 Aavegotchi = 100 GHST vote

I put this idea up on the DAO which didn’t didn’t really get any play: Cocoon (AavegotchiDAO 1.5) dual voting system. Maybe this proposal better captures the imagination. I think the trick is to balance Gotchi citizenship engagement with GHST investment. Those folks providing liquidity to the project, regardless of their summoned Gotchi holdings, have a right to vote on issues affecting GHST tokenomics. On matters pertaining to Gotchi gameplay and ecosystem expansion, including Haunts, one’s investment in Gotchis should take precedence.

Having formulae that attempt to convert Gotchi value into GHST for the purpose of voting could be problematic. As GHST value fluctuates on the crypto markets, and as Gotchi values fluctuate on the NFT market, trying to tweak the formulae to maintain some notion of equivalent voting weight between the two assets will get tricky. This is why I proposed that some classes of voting should be based on Gotchi holdings while others should be based on GHST holdings. Commitment to either asset supports the project but in different ways.

2 Likes