AavegotchiDAO Finances

The forum is buzzing with hot topics and I am glad to see such an uptick in activity since the holiday slowdown. Many of the topics being considered contain big numbers… Now I may not be an OG but I’m definitely not new. I’ve been an active gaangmember for almost 2 years and there are still huge gaps in my knowledge on how the DAO operates. Especially when it comes to the financial side.

My big push in 2023 will be the formation of a User Experience Team in which one of their mandates will be bringing easily accessible information to current and prospective investors. In the meantime, I have quite a few questions that may or may not be easy to answer in regards to our financing. If these cannot be easily answered perhaps it’s a good chance to begin the discussion. With the curve closing the DAO may see fit to allocating some of that capital towards financial health.

Does the DAO have an accountant/ bookkeeper? Do we have a P&L statement? This is the best bit of information I can find in regards to our finances.

If we want serious investors to come into the project we need to be able to show more than this! Especially following the FTX scandal. If we have learned anything from the last year it’s that transparency is key and trust is in short supply in Web3.

Some other questions that are relevant to multiple topics being discussed right now.

• How many taask forces do we have? How much do we pay them and where can I find a description of their responsibilities?
  • How much does the DAO make each month? How much do we spend and on what? How much do we pay PC?
  • What is our current runway?
  • Hell, do we pay taxes? To whom?

You see where I’m going with this… As we grow we will need to contract experts, hold update meetings, increase transparency etc… If you know the answers to any of these questions please drop them below, I know I’m not the only one that has wondered this. Please also feel free to bring up any additional points for discussion.

8 Likes

My proposal for the DAO Development Team included the finance/operations lead who would specifically do all of this work. That wasn’t very well received by the DAO, however. A more likely path forward is a Core Finance and Operations Team that would do all you suggested and assist in treasury management.

4 Likes

I would love to see the DAO set one of its earliest builds to creating a one-stop shop with useful dashboards for funding, task forces, live bounties, closed bounties, etc. Probably something with its own standalone URL or perhaps as part of aavegotchi.com as it gets open-sourced soon.

2 Likes