Bubble Ups in the Gotchiverse

If we think that having alchemica allocation might put too much negative price pressure, why not allocate a small % of the gltr from the DAO/PC to this mechanic ? Make it in a way that lickquidators can hunt also a small portion gltr on the grids bubble ups.
If it would be limited to the first year and most of it allocated to ‘before grid launch’ it would solve both issues of valueing the boosted parcels, and creating gameplay mechanics with hotspots where groups of lickquidators would gather (statistically more profitable)

edit: and you could make it as to bubble ups with some GLTR bonus being more frequent in the kek super-boosted parcels, then hierarchically from there till the 1 boost FUD bubble ups .
hence creating a way that realm parcels would be more valuable according to their rarity

2 Likes

My understanding is that boosted parcels will get their value when surveying is launched. Also the boost is in terms of alchemica where each token has it’s own rarity and utility and value is reflected in the price.

[since boosted parcels are the ONLY ASSET in the Aavegotchi Protocol where rarity isnt taken into account

I’m not following that rarity isn’t taken into account. Also, for the “Bubble up” discussion I don’t seen any relevance to boosted parcels. The only relevance is alchemica deposit proximity to parcels.

If we follow the economic model of “Moar risk should yield moar reward” then the grid offers more risk to the gotchi because of lickquidators and should get moar reward. Since we have no release date of the grid, I think we can concentrate on figuring out if Bubble ups should be financed inside the citaadel.

I’m leaning toward DAO alchemica crafting split going to citaadel bubble ups.

This is def a concern

If we think that having alchemica allocation might put too much negative price pressure

I like a small allocation to go to bubble ups so that it increases game play while owners upgrade their installations which will cause less spillover as the game progresses.

My understanding is that GLTR is only obtained through LPing. All GLTR used for crafting is burnt, Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see how GLTR could be used for bubble ups.

There is plenty of discussion and we can try and narrow down voter sentiment. if we want bubble ups in the citaadel and where should the alchemica come from. After determining if we want bubble ups we can figure out amount of alchemica as a percentage of DAO and/or PC allocation from installation crafting.

What is Bubble ups?
Bubble ups are alchemica showing up on alchemica deposits. FUD on fud deposits, FOMO on fomo deposits, … randomly, they are not directly associated with boosted parcels or channeling or spillover.

removed vote need more discussion

1 Like

Would you like to do a quick presentation on Sunday? Get this some more visibility?

It’s a very important conversation that affects land values and tokenomics…

I removed the vote. I think we do need a quick discussion at DAO meeting. I agree its important and needs more visibility.

Where does the alchemica for bubble ups come from?
What are the parameters to determine frequency of bubbles?
Whats the thoughts of portion of bubble ups in citaadel and grids.
Is dao willing to use a percentage of crafting splits to bubble ups?

1 Like

New information has come to light in recent DAO meeting. DAO notes from April 08, 2022

Bubble Ups were meant for Citaadel only. The grid has alchemica deposits that are rich with alchemica and bubble ups are not needed.

Bubble Ups are meant as supplemental alchemica for boosted parcels as a convenient method of bring more value to boosted parcels, not to change or increase game play.

The DAO can add supplemental alchemica to PC’s bubble ups if more alchemica is needed in circulation. For now, I don’t see any need for a vote, we need to see how alchemica is flowing and if there is need for supplemental alchemica.

A good idea from CoderDan was to listen for on-chain events like AAVE liquidations and trigger bubble ups.

This is very interesting and I think we should come up with on-chain events that would cause bubble ups.

4 Likes