- Hire the Forge Team for a 3 month period with an overall UI/UX focus
- Planned deliverables: full geode functionality with refilling of prize pool with at least 3 new schematics; respec potion completion and distribution; strong UI/UX focus with main website integration of the Dressing Room w/ similar art/RPG feel as offered by the Forge UI; major improvements to Forge UI/UX; operationalize a schematic pipeline for new schematic releases
- No plans for further core or alloy release in this period
- Goal is for content to accrue value to native assets (gotchis, wearables) vs charge the community GHST for the new content
- Backgrounds, wearable skins, evolving pets and a new BRS-modifying slot will be tabled for further technical development. The Forge Team will present the most viable and community-favored project(s) for the next Forge installment
- Compensation is denominated in USD instead of GHST for a total of $161,825 for the Forge Team and a 10,000 GHST bounty budget
The Aavegotchi Forge Team proposes a 3 month contracted period of service to the Aavegotchi DAO to continue developing and improve features on the Aavegotchi protocol and User Interface. Over this three-month period, we plan to “stick the landing” for the Forge, add additional User Interface work w/ an integrated dressing room, and outline potential new features that can be pursued by the Forge Team or other design teams.
A contracted three-month period allows the team to take on multiple projects simultaneously. It also allows our team the ability to provide rolling economic data, maintain and improve the UI, update the Core Framework document, and maximally engage the community. The Forge launch on 2/22 generated >170,000 GHST in total sales of which >80,000 GHST was in schematics. The Forge Team paid for itself twice over on launch. We anticipate we will be able to continue to generate revenue without inflating cores or alloy and aim for budget neutrality while delivering new content.
Forge Team Roadmap:
- Geodes: Regardless of this proposal, the Forge team will debut the minimal viable Geode ASAP with function to obtain the 400 legendary Forge set schematics. As part of this proposal, the Forge Team will develop additional schematics for some of the unmatched cores from the Forge Launch auction. Plan to reload the prize pool by the end of April, ideally with multi-tier rarity functionality.
- Complete and airdrop “Respec Potions”
- UI Upgrade: Integrate the “Dressing Room” to the main Aavegotchi website. Create a dress-up and buy now option with new art, new NPC, and Aavegotchi aesthetic
- Schematic pipeline – Will operationalize new schematic creation with predictable schematic releases, randomized/fair trait selection, intentional approach to avoid power creep, and maximally assist in translating new wearables to Gotchiverse functionality
- Updates to wearables.report (market data reporting) site to account for new wearables mechanics:
Add a dashboard of metrics related to The Forge
Update existing metrics to account for changes in supply related to forging
UI/UX improvements (mostly navigation related to accommodate additional content, with some minor aesthetic updates)
Back-end code improvements to allow for modularity and expandability in the future
Future Project Outlines – Forge Team to investigate and prepare potential proposals for the following:
- Outline and potentially implement the transition from FRENS to GLTR for raffle tickeets
- New/Custom backgrounds – Develop a path for the community to design unique backgrounds and/or obtain Forge Team/Pixelcraft designed backgrounds
- Wearable skins/non-BRS-modifying wearables – Continue aesthetics focus by creating a path for wearable skins w/ goal to maximize community-created content
- New BRS-modifying slot – Will be tabled for further economic and technical development for presentation to the DAO in Q3 2023
- Evolving pets/Upgradeable wearables – Tabled for further technical development and separate proposal for the DAO, though it still may be implemented by the Forge Team during the 6 month period or beyond.
Forge Team Stipend:
For this work, diddly will be hired on as a full-time developer and responsible for all technical builds, solidity work and front-end management. This stipend for the Lead Developer role includes pay for extensive work performed in February-March 2023 to complete the Forge and to build the mobile user interface for a 4 month total stipend vs 3 months for the rest of the team. The three other roles will be part time ~20 hours/week. The 10,000 GHST bounty budget is to maximize external contributions and facilitate open contributions as much as possible.
- Three dispersements in DAI from the DAO Treasury Wallet to the Forge Team Wallet which will be specified in the core proposal:
- $61,825 upon passage of core proposal
- $50,000 30 days after passage of core proposal
- $50,000 60 days after passage of core proposal
In summary, we are requesting compensation for a dedicated 3 month period to form a devoted, highly skilled and proven team to continue developing the protocol. We strongly believe we will create more value than our asking cost. We look forward to this period of exponential growth and helping the DAO continue its transition through the metamorphosis phase. -The Forge Team