Fractionalized Land Renting (turn spillover back on)

If a cartridge is needed to transfer vAlchemica to Alchemica, then someone might rent a 1x1 just to place a cartridge and cash out. I’m gonna say the current tokenomics don’t seem sustainable for what’s in use right now, hence spillover shut off. When you rent land (from an asset owner and holder) to cash out (asset seller). It’s interesting to see that this suggestion would extrapolate wealth from sellers and give it to people that hold, but it’s in the form of GHST. If GHST is given to a holder, they’ll wait until they have Alchemica to pair with it, if they get Alchemica they may pair it with GHST in reserves. This entire model might be better if we allow payment with Alchemica and vAlchemica, since property owners probably already have cartridges, they’ll be able to transfer easily. So allowing payment in Alchemica and vAlchemica may help.

I thought about this problem, my idea at the time was to design a box of erc721, store vAlchemica in it and transfer it to someone who needs to acquire it, so as to avoid vAlchemica combining into lp

We can refer to the contract of frens, which can neither transfer nor increase liquidity. We only need to modify the bookkeeping method of the contract, and it can be given to those who need vAlchemica.

Players willing to pick up Alchemica from the ground are mostly players with no assets. I don’t think forcing them to digest Alchemica will achieve the results we expect. They can only be digested by those who need Alchemica, and will be rewarded with money accordingly.

What if spillover Alchemica couldn’t be instantly cashed out? Maybe implementing some sort of timelock or minimum amount required before cashing out.
Or spillover Alchemica (vAlchemica) could still be used for upgrades and crafting and even staking in the LPs so free to play users could participate in the game, the baazaar, and staking - giving them opportunities to earn other than just collecting and cashing out which would potentially lead to more players sticking around.

Jarrod is working on a project to handle fractionalized land rentals… maybe these ideas should be combined.

2 Likes

Haven’t gone too deep into Jarrod’s project but sounds like he’s doing essentially shares of managed farming setups e.g. there’s a level 9 farm that costs $10k, buy 10% of yields for $1.1k. Sounds like a great project and good for land/alchemica but is quite different to this which allows turning spillover back on and allows scholars to build their own farm.

2 Likes

the best is turn spillover off , and accumulate those alchemica to rewards land owner in land rarity farming , which ever land has more building spent get higher rank

The spillover collected to date is a separate issue I think. Land rarity farming would be cool but it goes against the intention of making decorations and tiles be purely visual flex, which as an ecosystem we need.

1 Like

it dint go againts the ecosystem, spillover collected should reward back to the comunity but not BOTS ,and land rarity farming would sustain the value of each land, , as for now most of us were busy building couple of land each person , most of the land are unemployment xD

What if I told you there was a way for people to farm your unused land for you and you got a rental fee + a % of the yield?

1 Like

like how ? they need to build installation on it as well to be able to farm ?

Exactly, scholars collect spillover which can ONLY be used to purchase harvesters/reservoirs. They then rent fractions of land off land owners, farm it and give a % of the yield to the land owner.

1 Like

If it is technically possible to sell them rights to one type of alchemica, and get a % of their yield, this would really help move things along and get more people with skin in the game. Scholars don’t have money for altars, and there are many situations where people are mining 2-3 types of alchemica on a spacious, or 1-2 on a reasonable, and they would prefer to keep leveling their altar as opposed to bringing the other alchemica harvesting on line. Building harvesters and reservoirs, without having to build an altar is well within the reach of a lot people that are unable to put in enough money to pull off a full blown build out, so this should create a net inflow of funds to the verse.

If we combine this with better permissions that let you set the % and send alchemica in different %'s to different wallets, you have a very nice system where you have renters that are managing your land and working for themselves over in the corner of your property. I would gladly give my employee a management/work to own position were this available, and I think I would actually make more money by having their help, as I could run everything at rates where my reservoirs are filling at about 8 hours and ten minutes.

very cool idea , but what happen to all those humble parcel then ? nobody gonna build on humble at the moment lol , rarity farming might be the second choice

I appreciate the help lol.

Humbles are so under the radar nobody really cares about them, until estates come and a company wants to buy a piece of humble and the person already there can get way more for what it was originally bought for, it’s a rare case though.

I think there’s a lot more to come with what installations we can put on the land, maybe a slot machine or arcade cabinet other players can interact with and make me money. Honestly I bought it just to be a part of the game, literally bought the lowest price parcel lol.

When you think about it, maybe vAlchemica is a little pointless, new players won’t build installations with vAlchemica, because they don’t have land in the first place! Maybe consumables can be a thing, potions for max speed for a while, one shot weapons (pin for pvp ideas), a letter that’s a one shot send to address for vAlchemica collected and automaticlly swaps it to Alchemica before sending it to a wallet. The letter is the one you should be looking at, copy address and max all vAlchemica in, the cost of the letter gives burn pressure for Alchemica as well. So consumables are interesting and I’m not seeing anything on the wiki about it so I guess it’s a new idea. The consumables can be NFTs too, LE, so that’s another way to store wealth for a new player.

That why they rent fractions of land… I’ve obviously done such a bad job explaining this :smile:

Scholars who collect spillover will… because it’s free!

It’s a little hard to believe someone will build things like harvesters on someone’s land to suck it dry rather than to buy their own land themselves, rent is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck for them too.

I mean for the whole cartridge thing it’s not hard to believe someone would drop a cartridge to just cash out, but still. The usefulness of this idea hinders on people renting land like a spot in a mini mall, which isn’t really there yet.

Why not? It’s completely free for scholars, they don’t have to buy land, they don’t have to invest money up front to buy alchemica, they just have to grind for spillover and use it to buy harvesters/reservoirs. We had 1000s of players before picking up spillover, only difference is this time they can’t just instantly cash it out and dump, they have to earn it through playing the game and giving some yield back to land owners.

1 Like

I can attest to the addictive nature of building.

If there is ANY hope of sucking people in, this is the way.

There is another side benefit here, too… all those people who try for the cheapo 1 hr channeling rentals, will have something to do with the rest of their hour, and it wont be a total loss if network issues make them miss the channel.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback frens. I’ve refined the idea based on this thread and DMs with people and posted it here: Dust Alchemica (dAlchemica)

I think the idea has changed enough it warrants it’s own thread. Please leave feedback over there and I think mods can close this thread if they like, thanks.

2 Likes