Giving Gotchi Owners The Ability To Reduce Cooldown Time For Solo Channeling

This poll is only to help address the possible “48 hr window”. You will still only be able to channel once per 24 hr window, unless this is something that you would like addressed through other means.

I dont think convenience and efficiency of extracting alchemica should be the main motivation for UBI game play. Also changing this really only benefits large gotchi owners which gives them 24hrs to cycle their gotchis, so its easier for them to get their UBI.

We all know the pain of missing pets, its part of the game and I can see ppl dont want to feel this pain with UBI game mech, but I dont think that is the real motivator here.

There is a whole lending/borrowing economy to get this task done.
By making this more convenient for owners shows convenient profit is more important.

I think this convenient approach is missing the larger economic picture with renting and lending, one of the most awesome features of the gotchiverse.

I vote to leave UBI as it is described in the bible. Then there is no peak time concern and there is no doubling up on the window.

2 Likes

lol I really do not know where the idea of doubling or changing in any way the amount each Gotchi can solo channel besides the ways that were released in the bible. The poll was put there in response to a few owners asking about the possibility of the “48 hr window”. I see the game in pretty much the same way you do, i was just trying to address the main problem that was identified through the petting contract that we have seen for more than a year now…clock slippage. The tokenomics should have been made with the max possible UBI extraction per gotchi in a 24 hr period when they were made so when players decide to actually do so there should not be a need now to suddenly decide solo channeling somehow hurts the game if it is done at a high percentage.

1 Like

Man this is why I love our community, I was talking to a fellow #gotchigang member backside.bz about this “48 hr window” and they said simply “what about the altar itself?” I was so hyper focused that I overlooked the fact that the altars themselves would not be on the same schedule that the gotchis would be on. The max of level of the altar would default as the minimal time that any gotchi will be able to channel so it would be some time before this would even qualify as a major concern.

Very valid points. A 24hr cooldown is harder to maintain and naturally pushes us toward a more one gotchi per player gotchiverse which is likely more inline with Pixelcrafts initial vision. My counterargument to that though is the sheer quantity of other activities that will be available in the Gotchiverse that will naturally steer us in that direction anyway as the game grows bigger and bigger.

I would also argue that a 24 hr window still helps single gotchi owners too. Imagine an owner that only has a set 15 minute window to play each weekday on the bus to work. Surely they’d appreciate being able to keep on top of their channeling through the week until they get more time in the weekend to invest their earnings in their parcel?

We’ve seen plenty of amazing dapps and community contributions come out of large gotchi holders like Yanik, Jarrod, Bearded and Dr Wagmi. I personally don’t feel bad helping them keep on top of alchemica channeling so they can keep these contributions coming. And they’re probably so busy they’ll rent most of their gotchis anyway.

For the large gotchi owners that will do all the channeling themselves, they need parcels and/or high level altars to achieve this. The chance of them not reinvesting alchemica back into parcels seems pretty slim IMO.

I definitely agree the 48hr double up is not a very elegant feature. Perhaps another way we could get around this is by randomly assigning every gotchi a unique changeover time via VRF? No more rush hour and there’s a high chance anyone with more than one gotchi won’t get the same changeover time for all their gotchis?

2 Likes

Instead of spending money on the vrf, we could just put them in order by ID, and enable one per block, and that’s your reset time forever.

It’ll take about half a day to get everyone started, and it will ease us in smoothly, as well as enable people to easily structure their plans for day one, as you just sort all your gotchis by ID.

I see what you are saying. The 24hr time window allows ppl with irregular schedules to more easily get their daily gotchi UBI.

I finally figured out my main issue with the 24hr window change.

A fundamental game mechanic is being removed and nerfing an important aspect of the game. “Consistency”, “Grit” and “embracing the grind” is all but being removed. Users should be rewarded for consistently logging in and channeling each of their gotchis on a schedule.

Thanks for your patience, I appreciate the conversation.

3 Likes

No thanks, on bringing the job I escaped by leveling up, back into my life. No mindless grind. No timeclock slavery. We already have to maintain our harvesters, don’t make one thing , inevitably drift into their commute or their time with their children.

Grinding is gross.

I can see where you are coming from but in all actuality, the only gauge we have had for “consistency”, “grit” and “embracing the grind” since the first gotchi was summoned has been Kinship. There are more than likely less than 10% of gotchi owners actually manually petting their gotchi. So by the standard that you have set, at least 90% of owners (myself included) have been circumventing this important aspect of the game. With the release of the Gotchi Bible, we have come to realize just how much kinship influences your Gotchi’s interactions in the Gotchiverse along with being a rarity farming category. Realistically the solo channeling contract will 90% get automated by most of the owners that are currently automating petting regardless of which contract style we ultimately decide on using. The sigprop is being brought up to hopefully give more owners the flexibility to solo channel organically when they are able and not have to rely on a 3rd party because of scheduling.

Understand where you’re coming from 100%, but the game mechanics are designed around rewarding human work… and in my mind that is important for the overall tokenomics- as it further helps to create scarcity around the assets. This is why gotchi lending is available for those who want to give up a share of their UBI to have someone else do the work.

4 Likes

The grinding option has been removed with 24hr window.
Emptying individual reservoirs grind will be removed with estaates.

Also there is a key time element with farming. Reservoirs filling up on a variable a schedule depending on level. Will ppl want to remove that “grind” as well?

Will the game keep getting nerfed so its convenient?

1 Like

I am also voting for leaving it as it is.
The reality of “time-slippage” makes this the more interesting mechanic imo.
I think the social aspect of the game, coordinating with others, is better endorsed in this way.
Having a fixed time (00:00 UTC for example) fixates the game-play experience according to the time-zone one lives in.

2 Likes

You already can empty all the reservoirs on a parcel without an estate. The estate is a such a marginal benefit in that regard. Remember, you have to go collect all the spillage. There is definitely more organization required to use that feature effectively, than people are seeing at a first glance here. If you have 8 spacious full of harvesters and you pull the lever on that, what happens? That’s a lot of spillage :smiley:

2 Likes

This is a nice example of what a ‘window’ makes possible, at a group level rather than the effect on one individual owner.

The flexibility gained from a window allows gotchi owners to participate in occasional scheduled group events at different times, without messing up their usual time-slot or sacrificing UBI to sync up with the event. While it would be possible without a window, I think people would be much less likely to participate.

9 Likes

Nice post and the ability to pick your solo channeling time should be looked at as a good thing. IMO some people are just looking at this as an every day farming game where players have to grind every aspect of the game to be successful. They seem to be looking at things based on how hard/easily tasks can be done. I am not saying that is a bad view to have, but it IMO misses the best and most attractive aspect of the game which is the social engineering aspect. I see the Gotchiverse as a social hub which will allow players the ability to farm, go on different quests, dungeon grinds or just hangout in the grid killing licks. With the first (of I hope many) in-game social event happening in a little more than 1 day, we can already see this as a big part of the game going forward.

It is really nice to see WAGMI Warriors on the forefront by using the aspect of spillage at the times of their choosing as a recruitment tool and I hope our guilds can see this as a positive by copying their blueprint. Imagine this on a larger scale where entire districts have the ability to schedule where 1 gotchi per plot would solo channel at the same time to promote an event in that district or where the entire citadel does as a sort of 1 month celebration after Gotchiverse fully goes online. As you can see the possibilities are endless and it only requires coordination being that it would not effect distribution tokenomics since the UBI has previously been taken into account.

5 Likes

This is actually giving value to estates, so this is showing multiple levels of utility here.

You aren’t going to “mass channel” if your parcels are all spread out, and if you have estates, you can get everyone in position, and then yell “DUMP IT!”

This also makes your crest channeling easier to organize, because your players are already used to coming to the lodge for this.

Wow, that’s a game mechanic that we never considered when raising the prop. Pretty cool that we accidentally came up with something that drives co-ordination and group play.

Also, everyone now needs to keep an eye out for gotchis traveling in large groups for spillover sniping. Invisibility potions as an alchemica sink?

4 Likes