Kinship -> OG Kinship (economical proposal!)

Thanks @CryptoGotchi and @fifoooo, some really good feedback here.

I agree, I was strongly in favour of Yaniks proposal for this very reason too. However, the vote result was so divisive that I fear we may never get a complete negative burn result from the DAO and so have opened up this “middle ground” idea.

I am not sure if it’s acceptable/possible, but if I raise my proposal I would like to stipulate in bold that a cumulative “for” vote for the 3 kinship burn options that exceeds the “no burn” option by the required differential would mean at least one of the 3 kinship burn options would be implemented. If so, the highest voted of these would be the final burn factor used. So if the final vote was as per below:

• Option 1: -3 kin per channel = 26%
  • Option 2: -2 kin per channel = 25%
  • Option 3: -1 kin per channel = 24%
  • Option 4: Do nothing = 25%

Some form of kinship burn option would be implemented as they make up 75% of the total vote and Option 1 would be the one that gets implemented. Not sure if this is acceptable so may ask at DAO meeting if I’m still awake.

Option 3 would be ok and every day +2. Growing max. 1 every day, for years and to hodl the aavegotchis.

But -4 Kin is too much, iam glad some whales voting against this…

I wouldn’t count on it. I highly recommend getting enough of peoples “reasons” for preferring one over the other, and just pick one that sounds like it’s going to mortally wound the fewest people. The multiple options has foiled numerous props.

What about option 5?: -1 kin per channel and an additional -1 kin per channel for every consecutive day you channel. That would make the preferred behavior, to be that you go every other day, because that way you are still gaining.

3 Likes

Personally, i voted against any kinship burn because there is no upside imo as of now to do so. Other than the possibility of “shaking up the leaderboard” for those that started later, there is no reason to do this now being that channeling/petting is the ONLY way to increase kinship. This metric has been in place since the first gotchi was summoned and is also a RF leaderboard category. As of now, there is no active tradeoff to having players burn their gotchi’s kinship especially after losing ~50% of its income recently to help the overall economy. Imo doing a burn now would put more pressure on having RFs more often due to perceived “fears” of losing somehow if they chose NOT to channel daily. I am not against the possibility of using kinship points in-game for other benefits after there have actually made other ways to increase kinship.

1 Like

This is a cool idea too. Only concern is it’s slightly trickier to implement from the get go.

Maybe the middle ground vote at this stage to ensure the differential is met is just:

• Option 1: -1 kinship burn per channel
  • Option 2: No burn

I really do not understand why this has to happen right now. IMO we should wait to see if PC has plans for incorporating kinship burn in gotchiverse activities before we start burning kinship based on we the DAO trying to “gamify” it ourselves without all the information. We could possibly be interfering with/ changing their plans unknowingly. :man_shrugging: