Kinship ranking sorting criteria

Since there is no core proposal regarding this topic, and the leaderboard was just updated with the subpar ranking, I guess you guys decided to just ignore the community in this regard. :no_mouth:

So currently the sorting is like this:

BRS: BRS → Kinship → XP
Kinship: Kinship → XP → Trait (distance from 50, changes each round)
XP: XP → Trait (distance from 50) → Kinship

There is a “lastInteracted” property available in the Aavegotchi object returned by the subgraph. So you would like to make use of this property to break the ties, instead of the trait’s distance from 50?

2 Likes

Not trying to ignore the community, there’s just been literally hundreds of things taking priority over this as we prepare the UI and subgraph for rarity farming. But if you guys really feel it’s an important change to make, I’m all ears.

3 Likes

Actually, the signal proposal was about replacing the XP tie-breaker with the lastInteracted property, so that it would be:
Kinship: Kinship → lastInteracted

The reason we discussed BRS in the beginning was that BRS (instead of XP) was rumored to be the (first) tie-breaker. The thread was created 3 days before the blog-post that cleared up this misunderstanding. Since one cannot change an active poll’s options here in the forum, it still says BRS in the poll above.

But in the snapshot proposal, it was clearly outlined as the alternative to the XP tie-breaking.

Sorry, I was a bit frustrated after putting so much time and effort into this issue. But I completely understand what you’re saying.

To make this change possible in time, I only gave the signal proposal 1 week duration. In hindsight, this was a bad decision. In that time, 97% of votes (but only 226k GHST) were in favor of the change.

Just because I’m crying the loudest about this issue doesn’t mean I wanna decide above peoples heads. So I would definitely prefer to see a core proposal about this, before a change is made. I would happily forgo the XP boost for the signal proposal btw (so people don’t get upset that a proposal that didn’t reach quorum would be upgraded to a core proposal).

In any case, since time is so limited now, it would be really awesome if you guys would decide to schedule the 4 timestamps/snapshots for the rewards 3h apart. This would already make things a little bit more fair in regards to interaction times (this was also outlined in the snapshot proposal).

2 Likes

Personally I believe this to be important.
Kinship, other than the potions swaying the amounts, which it seems most would like to see changed anyways, has been solely based upon daily interaction from the beginning.
I cannot think of a better way to determine Kinship tie breakers than literally differentiating between who got it there first.

I am also all for alleviating the struggles that little guys face at the whim of the fiends who bought out all the potions before others could even see them. Season 1 is dominated by these people. This is still painful to witness.
Imho, I see the tie breakers using these as a final meter partially broken, rewarding the same people who’ve rewarded themselves.

4 Likes

I really like the idea . Because Brs is choosen randomly then its how much can you pay for wearables . That to me is not as important as the time you put in with your Gotchi even low BRS Gotchis need love. and the reward should lay in that.

2 Likes

I gotta say it feels pretty bad witnessing this idea get disregarded.
Out of all three leaderboards, Kinship was the one that rewarded mostly by interaction and then something like XP, heavily skewed because of the Aragon rewards and easily bought, is used as the tie breaker?!
This seems broken. Time since last interaction would have been way more adequate of a tie breaker.

CryptoGotchi started this thread on March 27th.
I believe there was ample time alotted to potentially address the community.
Now that we are already 1/4 of the way through Season 1 it obviously won’t change either.
I truly hope something along these lines is considered in future rarity farming seasons!

2 Likes

I think the problem is that not enough people have been complaining about this. It’s just a handful of us who keep speaking out about it. If suddenly there were 50 users replying to this thread, telling Pixelcraft, this needs to change, they might have considered it. But its not worth changing something to satisfy 5 people, no matter how much sense it makes.

I think it is not Pixelcraft, but the Community who doesn’t care. Look at what the guys from haauntcom did. Pushing 27 Gotchis in the Kinship Top 100 using potions. Showing everyone how broken these items really are. Considering the price of potions, they actually spend more money on this than they will receive in Season 1 rewards. If the community would care (i.e. if this was a gamer community), there would be at least 200 users demanding a ban on potions now. But how many have spoken out about the detriment of potions lately? Maybe another handful.

I think we are the problem. We believe this is a game. But this is not a game. This is DeFi in a pretty skin. It is easily recognized when you look at what happened. For how long have they talked about mini-games? Is there a mini-game by Pixelcraft yet? No. Everything DeFi related gets priority. Realm parcels seem to be the next big thing. Another thing to buy and sell. Personally, I love the realm, but it is not a mini-game. And if - against all odds - they should actually add a mini-game of some sorts, I can promise you, it will have negligible impact on the leaderboards. Because gamers are not supposed to gain an edge over investors. That would upset big investors and they might move their funds elsewhere. And the reason that the community is not speaking out is because its not a community of gamers. It is a community of investors. And this is fine. It is just not what I thought it was when I heard about Aavegotchis, mini-games and “play” to earn.

1 Like

I am right there with you on this nothing is going too really change because what people can buy seems too outweigh what people can earn its broken DEFI and gameing might not go hand and hand.

1 Like

This hits right in the gut, very true. The 27 push by Haaunt.com knocked 4 gotchis I thought I were earning Kinship badges down to the 100-200 ranking; when does "play’ to earn have value?