Let’s introduce Observooor Mode (Request for comments)

If implemented I think they should have a cool yet minimalistic design, together with a smol size… so that they’re truly spectators and don’t distract or alter what’s going on with gotchis in the 'verse too much.

A couple of mockups:

2 Likes

I hope that observers can be turned on/off.
I would hate to see spammers popping in when ever I enter the Verse.

1 Like

1 Like

Love the idea of the observoooooooor!

Perhaps we could allow them to view the attributes of other people’s installations on the map (harvestors/aaltars etc) to see the levels and the amount of alchemica produced? A summary of everything on a parcel would be super nice to see and encourage them to get further involved…

Anything to expand the userbase without causing botting/congestion issues is a bonus… Perhaps they can play one round of future mini-games etc.

1 Like

Glad you like the idea fren! I think this will be big for getting eyeballs on Aavegotchi outside of our tight gang :fire:

Full support from me! I know there are some server concerns regarding handling PVP. Would this make that issue worse as PVP gameplay is probably more important than passive observoors?

Yes, this is needed!
As a wallet address is mandatory anyway, it would make sense to allow the Observooor to collect tokens on special occasions or, more important, for airdrops within the Verse.
A cap is needed to make it scarce as well. If the club is full, the door is closed. Make it a big club though, with a nice waiting room for the queue.
I really like @JG1 s idea with minimalistic eyes. They stand out.

1 Like

I think it’s an excellent idea.

Putting myself in the eyeball of an observoor, I would want to see and interact with the coolest parts of the gotchiverse…and have the chance to win something cool (trophys, badges, gotchis).

D27 Pixelcraft Square seems like an obvious spot for mini games or contests that observoors can actually do. How about an art tile contest or skiball type game for observoors where the grand high scorer could win a floor aavegotchi. I see D27 as being chuck-e-cheese vibe (mini games give out tickets which you can trade for worthless crap that makes you happy), but I know I don’t know realities of the tech side.

On the UX/UI side, Observoors may need a highlights brochure and special map to lead them to special events (GMI concert?) and locations (top 10 tourist sites). bounce gates / party portals could help in this regard.

Some of these are obviously pie in the sky ideas, but we want people to have an awesome experience when they do visit. Think Amusement Park, State Fair, Music Festival.

my 2c

1 Like

I don’t think those are pie in the sky ideas, you just read off my MVP for the east of the map ser.

It seems like a lot of items if I break it down (devs sweating). So for one, what are the technically feasible options for having an interactive mini game event for the observoors while in the gotchiverse (without being booted out of the gotchiverse to go do it)? If coding a simple game (like a sliding-tile-puzzle with a picture of a godlike full-set kitted gotchi) into the realm is not possible (is it?), would it work to do a pop up window linking to the game hosting url? And could the results of that be fed back into the gotchiverse in quasi real time (for leaderboard NFT display, raffle ticket/alch winnings, etc)?

In my mind it’d be preferable to do it openworld style ala StarDew Valley where you go full screen into this or that activity/game/location and then pop back out exactly where you started.

If it is outside the verse (or even if it’s inside), maybe we’ll need a group of game focused developers to build out and manage the games & hosting functionality. Hello ATF.

In the end we all hope to attract outside interest and liquidity to subsidize (or better) our gotchi addictions.:smiley:

1 Like

Well, aren’t you a breath of fresh air :slight_smile:

You picked the perfect moment to become more involved in these things.

Those of us who’ve been doing DAO work have been working on building out a structure to engage, empower, and enrich our community devs. A lot of peoples hard work behind the scenes is about to come together, and everything you’ve been describing is part of someone’s vision.

In case you weren’t on the meeting call this week, at the end, Dan expressed quite clearly, that the intended structure of this project is that there be a clear division of duties between PC and the DAO. We’re along way from that and our movement down this path is vital to the continued health of the project. To be blunt, if we don’t separate DAO functions from PC functions, and have our own technical staff, we’re just a front for PC, a shamDAO(taking control of our own voting is job one)

To take the training wheels off, we need to develop a bunch of things for the DAO, which should become a lot more clear to everyone as SDK development progresses. The SDK is how we’ll code for the verse and how we become the other side of the development equation.

Thank you, Ser, for your dedication to the Gotchi Programme. And thanks to
everyone at the core who has been developing this web3 world. It is cutting edge
and that’s part of what attracts us all.

From what I know the goal of an independent DAO has always been in the cards, but figuring out exactly where it is separate from PC is complex. Anyway, this thread is Observoors Mode comments. How about a macro discussion about the DAO on The Shape of Aavegotchi DAO.

1 Like