Pet Operator to let others pet your Gotchis

You highlight a very important issue fren.
As I’ve posted above, I believe the great majority should go to the pet operator- I imagine a human waking up in the middle of the night with an alarm -Nobody deserves a bigger cut than this pet operator.
On the other hand, if pet operators can set and forget- that is- configure once and never need to perform additional actions- that’s an ENTIRELY different game.
When maall bots threatened this game existentially- our galaxy brain devs came up with GBM auctions. Perhaps they can come up with a solution to kinship botting as well. If there’s nothing that can be done to make petting less easy for bots, then I become a supporter of the different proposals out there for kinship grace periods and so forth- making it a bit easier for humans in the kinship game.

4 Likes

Not everyone is going to move their Aavegotchis onto Ethereum just to use Unicly. Probably very few will do that. Most people will just be happy trading on Opensea, so for that use case we don’t want to penalize bridging.

There isn’t a snapshot yet, but if you’d prefer we can make one with a few options.

No KYC is required, and some in the community have reached out and expressed their concern that this number is too low. Obviously a script can easily get around this, but the idea is to at least create a minimum amount of friction that may dissuade some lazy scripters from handling multiple wallets.

Not really, that kind of cross-chain interoperability doesn’t exist without an oracle of some sort.

What’s actually happening when we bridge is the Polygon Aavegotchi is being moved into the Aavegotchi contract throughout the duration of its time on Ethereum, instead of being owned by the owner. When it unbridges, it’s return to the original owner.

Fees are a good deterrent because if a player wants to perform well in Rarity Farming, they will have to calculate the expected return of RF rewards versus the investment they’re putting into the petOperator. If the fees are high enough, it would be a net loss or break even.

I agree that 0.5 GHST is probably too low. Maybe 2 GHST or even 5 GHST is more appropriate. This upgrade is in its final stages of testing so we should decide on some parameters soon, whether here in the DAO forum or maybe via a SigProp or even CoreProp. But it should be known that this feature should probably be implemented before we open the ERC721 bridge to Ethereum, otherwise ppl will be very sad :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

like the idea as long as its really easy to handle

1 Like

i would really like to use my metamask hot wallet to pet with, but im not paying ghst to do it…
i have all my gotchis in my trezor and it is kind of a pain to confirm all petting each time ( yeah yah i know, smol problems to have )

1 Like

I generally agree with this. I think upping the fee eliminates some of these concerns. Another thing to consider is reduced kinship from delegated petting unless it’s from a linked ETH-Poly wallet. If I pay someone to walk my dog, my dog wont love me more for it…

I am with @rungun on this, I can’t pet from my phone because I use trezor with metamask. I would like a hot wallet that I can only pet with. If the fee is too high it will make it unecessarily expensive for this use case. I know this doesn’t help the discussion as it applies to botting, but I think it’s worth mentionning that some of us have other uses for the operator.

Any updates on this ? Will we have to pay to pet our own gotchis from a hot wallet ?

I think devs are still looking for an auditor

Honestly should have just skipped the auditors 2 months ago and launched Aavegotchis on OpenSea already. Auditors just like influencers are soft scammers who pretend the’re legit and you NEED their seal of approval to be trusted. Auditors are tiny groups of code readers nobody knows about which just now started due to the DeFi explosion, but they pretend they’re hot shit like they’re Satoshi himself, when most people in this space barely trust CZ with their funds. After what happened with me and Hacken I spit on any auditor I come across.

OpenSea is a different problem, see Discord