Problem summary: Sometimes I miss my phone reminders and forget to pet my gotchi, this makes me sad. Building on the new Pet Operator proposal, it would be nice to have a human-powered backup to pet your gotchi without having to pay GHST every time, as long as it was not feasible to abuse.
Proposal summary: Any wallet address with at least one gotchi may optionally elect one other wallet address that owns at least one gotchi to be their Best Fren. If the other wallet address accepts the invite, both gotchi owners in the Best Frenship would have access to pet each other’s gotchis at any time for no fee. Your best fren’s gotchis would appear under your gotchis on the My Aavegotchis page, showing the same info of when they can next be pet.
- Only wallet owners with at least one gotchi can participate as Best Frens
- A wallet owner can only ever have one best fren at a time, so this is a two-way reciprocal relationship.
- To initiate a Best Fren invite, the inviter must pay a one-time 1 GHST fee.
- To accept a Best Fren invite, the invitee must pay a one-time 1 GHST fee.
- To dissolve a Best Frenship, either party must pay a one-time 1 GHST. Accepting Best Frenship requires both parties to opt-in. Dissolving requires only one party.
- A single gotchi can only be pet by a Best Fren for a maximum of 7 times per week, to eliminate incentive for bot writers to divide their gotchis into two wallets and enable best frenship for free unlimited petting (per suggestion of nofuturistic)
- Community building: Encourages community members to collaborate with others
- Growth hacking: Encourages gotchi owners to get IRL friends to join
- Opens the door to other in-game collaboration only available to Best Frens
- Portion of Best Fren fees can be burned to help tokenomics
What do you think frens?
This idea is chained off of a reply I made and proposed here.