Power to the Liquidators
The release of the Gotchiverse Realm Litepaper v1.0 revealed an expansive world with the debut of the liquidator as the free to play on ramp to the Gotchiverse. The lore, gameplay, farming, and timeline are all built around interactions between the liquidators and the gotchis. It is imperative that there is balance and advocacy in decision making around this relationship. Naturally, aavegotchi investors will tailor their decision making and voting power around their financial and time-vested interests. A worthy and dynamic opponent will make this game balanced and more fun as the OGs build a world protecting their investments from excited newcomers or old schoolers gone rogue. To advocate for balance in this relationship, I would like to find likeminded people to advocate with me for the liquidator’s interests.
The decisions we make now regarding land ownership, value accrual, installation metrics, aadventures, and more are key to the future success of the project. It will be difficult to reverse decisions, impose new taxes, invent new rents, or introduce other balancing mechanisms after the world is already created. I would like to propose several ideas for discussion around this balance, and I hope for feedback from everyone!
There should be a monthly fee paid in GHST for parcels. I propose an initial monthly rent of 0.1 GHST/realm (6 GHST/month for Humble, 15 GHST/month for Reasonably Sized, and 100GHST/month for Spacious Parcels). I propose this monthly fee go live for respective REALM at the same time the Citaadel and Grid REALMs go live.
I see the following as advantages for a monthly realm fee:
- Increase the cost for whales who will try to buy up all REALM ahead of time
- For people that leave or quit the game, their REALM can go back up for aauction
- Encourages productivity and engagement in your REALM as ideally you can easily pay your rent by farming your land.
- Adds to the pot for rewards
- Allows a mechanism for GHST accrual to be made available to the liquidators
- Citaadel REALM monthly rent can be accrued and spent by the Citaadel inhabitants or government however it sees fit
- This creates fun city governance opportunities for Citaadel participants to run their economy, decorate the city, build new structures, strategically protect the portal, or other fun, novel ideas which will surely present themselves
- Grid REALM monthly rent can be collected and distributed among the Grid with a variety of opportunities for the liquidators to seek, earn, and acquire it.
- This would give liquidators access to GHST lowering the threshold to participate in gotchus alchemica liquidity pools, to buy land, a gotchi, wearables, or whatever they want.
- This incentivizes active gameplay and discovery throughout the gotchiverse as GHST can be earned, found, and re-invested into the ecosystem in a F2P fashion.
In summary, I plan to put my 100K GHST voting power towards consistent advocacy for the liquiditators and world balance. I hope to convince some of you to join me as we expand our reach and lower the threshold to new participants. If there is enough interest, we could investigate a Liquidator DAO to most efficiently pool our votes and interests to affect change most meaningfully.