Proposal: adding a "Pet All" feature

Pet all is a great idea

Only if you are a whale. And it has nothing to do with transactions. It is all about the Kinship implementation. In particular, how two mechanics work together:

The way they implemented Kinship ensures that you can never actually farm 2 Kinship in 24h using interactions. Because it only counts after 12h have already elapsed. So at best, you lose a few seconds (due to the transaction) every time, which slowly shifts your petting times.

So what? You would still have this shift with a “Pet all” transaction.

The issue here is that the Wiki states that rewards are handed out on a per gotchi and NOT on a per user basis. So if people who buy up Gotchis can pet ALL of their Gotchis as fast as other people can pet their single Gotchi, it would be completely unfair. They buy up the portals, can afford potions AND get to pet them all at once?? C’mon, that is just not fair at all.

I see your point, but the transactions man…the transactions! Soo many. Not good.

Well, well, well. People who claim this is mainly to reduce transactions on the network should have no problem with other solutions that would do the exact same, right? The devs could implement a “cart” like system, similar to the Maall. You would have to add every single one of your Gotchis to the “petting cart” (there is a better name for this out there, I’m sure) individually. And then you can click “Pet all in cart”, which would pet all Gotchis in the petting cart with one transaction.

Noooo…horrible idea. Whales would just use a bot that adds all of them in the cart at once, so you would only punish the people who have many Gotchis but no programming experience.

Whales can do this with the current system already, so there would be no difference here. Also, this would not be a “punishment”. You want Kinship rewards for all of your 25 Gotchis (which takes those rewards away from other people), then you have to pet them all one by one. That is perfectly fair.

Still…I ain’t got time for petting them all individually. And I don’t care about the rewards!

Well, in that case the solution is very easy. Make the devs limit rewards to per user instead of per Gotchi. Because then a “pet all” feature would no longer be an unfair advantage.

1 Like