Signal Proposal: Pet All button Reveal

There has been a secret pet all button hiding on our Gotchi homepage in the top right corner.
There are many players who have been aware of this button and have had an advantage petting their Gotchis for the entire Rarity Farming event.
My proposal is to reveal the Pet All button to make the game more fair.

• Reveal
  • Keep Hidden
  • Remove

0 voters

2 Likes

Yeah most people already know about it so there’s no point in keeping it hidden imo.

I felt taken advantage of when I found out the button was real, I thought it was a joke, because the DAO voted against the button. The Devs added it anyway. Or Did i read wrong? Proposal: adding a "Pet All" feature here is the link that voted against it. How does the DAO vote one way and then it secretly appears?

We added the button (which has been mentioned many times in the chat and community calls) after it became clear that people were writing scripts to auto-pet their Gotchis, and also writing browser extensions to help others (which is a potential security vulnerability, as it could steal your Gotchi). I support making it visible, but don’t encourage ppl to use it (as it’s completely joyless).

5 Likes

Maybe add a “remove” option to the poll as well

2 Likes

From the original Pet All discussion quoting Wiki.

1 Like

I like the pet all button and I am in favor of having it become visible. It is a convenient feature if you have multiple gotchis (I have 3) and doesn’t take much away from the game other than preventing petting time from drifting apart between your gotchis. I don’t think it gives a real competitive advantage to players in a material way. The argument that whales can abuse this feature doesn’t make much sense to me. These same whales could afford to create a petting bot to circumvent the whole issue so I don’t think a pet all button would really make game play unfair. This was addressed at the end of the previous “Pet All” discussion:

Making it visible would be similar to adding a countdown clock to the Rarity Farming Leaderboard. Although this information has been posted multiple times in discord and I have even highlighted the feature in multiple livestreams I have done for my Music City Gotchi Gang, some people will feel like they were not properly informed, similar to the lack of adequate announcements proclaiming the Snapshot for Rarity Farming rewards that some frens lamented about. By adding the countdown, it forces us to be responsible for our own timing and due diligence. Making the button visible will allow all of us to be informed and responsible for our own gameplay in the ecosystem. That said, I am sorry you felt that you were taken advantage of @GotchiLove and hope we can get to a satisfactory place on this subject for all frens.

5 Likes

Your live channel is new and would not have helped for the months before your channel went live.
I do not understand why build the button hidden.
There is a big advantage having all the pet times align vs drifting hours when the network was not cooperating.
I want to be an Aambassador for a fair game, not one with hidden buttons.

That is a fair point @GotchiLove.

1 Like

I vote for visibility.
Let’s make it comfy for Aall gotchis

2 Likes

Im for making it visible (tho im not going to use it)

2 Likes

Since the button was made without a DAO vote will you please reveal it. There are only 3 people who have voted contrary to reveal.

2 Likes

I also think that reveal needed, thak you GotchiLove for this thread!

2 Likes