SigProp: Launch Haunt 2

Thanks for the detailed explanation fren. Your model is certainly an interesting approach to this discussion.

What I’m confused about is how the scenarios you show relate to my suggestion. I didn’t suggest an increase to either Kinship or XP.

That said, I think it is very plausible that your estimated wearable bids go up as the BRS reward-percentage goes up, because relative to portals, wearables become more valuable. However, I don’t understand why you would assume that Portal bids also go up as the BRS reward-percentage goes up. I would actually assume the opposite. As reward percentages for XP and Kinship increase, Portals become more valuable relative to wearables, because of the pet-all functionality as well as the fact that for many activities, your XP rewards are given to all of your Gotchis. So the value of a Gotchi increases as reward percentages for XP and or Kinship increase. Yet, your bid estimates suggest the opposite, which I can’t find an explanation for.

As you correctly stated, I quoted that. And I find it irritating that discourse displays that as if I wrote that myself. :roll_eyes:

I don’t disagree with this at all. In fact, I made the same point in one of the other threads:

I just don’t see it as black and white as you do. I don’t think splitting 10% of BRS to make a 10% Rookie-BRS reward will significantly devalue older wearables or high BRS Gotchis. While it is easy to argue that this would in fact make them 10% (or 16.67%) less valuable, I think it would increase the buy pressure of new wearables and new high BRS Gotchis, which would inevitably have a positive price impact on the old stuff as well. Obviously I cannot prove that, and as I said, it was merely a suggestion, as I think it would make things more fair.

2 Likes