Bonus XP/Kinship for ALL Portals around Haunt release dates

@coderdan Had expressed existing concern from the dev team regarding XP and kinship advantages of H1 gotchis perhaps being too strong compared to future Haunts.
The concern is quite valid, and it is my belief the community as whole has become more aligned with devs recently regarding the need to create and sustain mass appeal.
It is hard to generate mass appeal and interest from new users if they feel that H2 gotchies are simply not competitive for RF rewards when compared with H1.
There are several solutions that devs have explored and that have been discussed in #dao-discussion (Discord), which include granting H2 portals with bonus XP/Kinship uppon summoning. Another potential solution is to increase the value generated by each interaction from 1 to 2 or some other value after H2. There are different issues with these solutions. i.e> What about unsummoned H1 portals?

In this topic I would like to explore/propose a new solution: Creating a Bonus XP/Kinship Event FOR ALL PORTALS that are summoned surrounding a certain grace period after the launch of every new Haunt.

This would create equal conditions for gotchies of all Haunts, allowing them all to sustain more equal value, and increased trading activity and hype surrounding new Haunts. It may also foster an environment where existing users are “less” unwelcoming of new participants as they look forward to opening some of their own portals during new Haunts.

5 Likes

I think that is a really good idea

3 Likes

Has my support. I’m sure some of the “we need deflationary portals” guys would also be happy about it.

cough @FlameViper cough

2 Likes

I`m interested… cheap sacrifices for xp

3 Likes

The XP that is being granted since the release of Aavegotchi on Matic Mainnet is reasonable. The problem is the XP and wearables raffled and gifted before the Game came out. There are many players who bought portals and gotchis at premium resale price when Ghost tokens were over $1.50 and then found out they only had access to less than 20% of XP and wearables for season 1. Imagine you buy into a game and then find out you cannot earn/win 80% of the prizes?

1 Like

I really agree with your sentiment, while not agreeing with your logic.
It is very easy to feel the way you do especially if you did buy every item at peak item+GHST price as you describe. That is not a flaw in design-as much as have been unfortunate market dynamics of late - for most all tokens beyond GHST.
However I disagree with your notion that most people did not get access to something. If you check the top 3 gotchies in BRS leaderboard, they all got there through open market transactions- not any kind of special grant. Some people and early participants did get valuable items in a special way- but these opportunities were always widely publicized and open to all. Now that the platform has operationally succeeded, we can’t go back and complain about the perks others earned in the past when all kinds of involvement was substantially more risky than it is now.
We have all been “buying into this game” every single day that we choose to continue to HODL. The timing or prices people have obtained their belongings at, shouldn’t be a cause for real concern. I try to focus on what is cost of an item to me, its value to me, it’s utility to me and its potential ROI. Whatever the seller spent or how they acquired it should be irrelevant.

1 Like

I would like to see it like that => summoner bonus week - eg. at the summoner bonus week all portal that got oppened will grant **xp, after that period, bonuses for portal are gone. Not kinship.
Kinship is tricky shit, you rly must to play pay att.\live in web3, to keep up, when there is so many users that dont give a damn about it, so why should we give em a credit to keep up, while not playing em at all?
Cuz we cant cut xp, if u r not active. We can cut xp only if we will make the gotchis able to die while beed teared appart by the aaeyeclype on the haaunted fields, where u farm vs monsters, where we can use BRS as HP points…
We need a gameplay.
where is my haaunted mines full of ghastly spiders that i need to face? Kek, i want that game.
No just that rat race only, aka RF. T_T

I Reaaaaaly hope, that we will have a game first, not another rat race aka LAND DROPPEE
IMO Land is fine AFTER RF

1 Like

I do not have the notion that most people did not get access to something. I am illustrating a nuance that many people who joined the game on release in March had no idea most of the wearables and XP were already released. This is a fact.

“It is hard to generate mass appeal and interest from new users if they feel that H2 gotchies are simply not competitive for RF rewards when compared with H1.”
-this is already the case within the H1 gotchis. There are a bunch of gotchis not adopted because they have less rewards than their cost in the season 1 rarity farming event.

“The timing or prices people have obtained their belongings at, shouldn’t be a cause for real concern.” Not a concern for people who received the OP XP rewards and wearables before the game was released. This is a concern in the overall mechanic of the game or you we would not be discussing this for H2 gotchis.

“Now that the platform has operationally succeeded, we can’t go back and complain about the perks others earned in the past when all kinds of involvement was substantially more risky than it is now.” This dismissive comment is surprising considering this thread is discussing, how to make Aavegotchi more attractive to new players when H1 gotchis are OP. I am sorry if my comments and observations appear like complaints to you.

Is it normal to join a game and then find out over 80% of the prizes were already distributed?
Imagine your gotchi has less than 200 XP while your peers have over 600 XP because early core questions were worth 100’s of XP and the later core questions are worth 10’s of XP. Why are the core questions not evenly weighted? This is a fair question, not a complaint.

1 Like

I don’t have a need or desire to be dismissive of you fren, so apologies if that was your perception. As I mentioned, I simply disagree with the logic even if I understand the emotions in your comments.
For instance, I know a lot of the early votes involved high ETH gas fees and therefore the XP was boosted to incentivize people to go ahead and vote. If people joined March 1st and didn’t read wiki, medium or any other publicly available info re. prior XP drops, who should be responsible?
XP is becoming more and more accessible, via voting and now even reverse Pac-man, so why focus so much on XP earned by others instead of focusing on the XP opportunities we have moving forward?
Perhaps you are being dismissive yourself, as you don’t seem to assign any value to the activities early participants did in order to earn the XP. Aavegotchi perhaps might not even be live today - if it weren’t for early participants and contributors. Isn’t it dismissive to expect them to not have any perks over a fresh new user? Finally, those who cared enough about the 500 XP, found friends or providers to hook-up their gotchis for a fee or a tip or even for free. I know several new users who got this XP simply by virtue of networking and making friends to grant them the XP.

1 Like

I do not think you are being dismissive of me fren; i thought there was one idea being dismissed. We are bouncing ideas back and forth and i do not feel emotional about it at all. I think you are thoughtful and appreciate you sharing with me. Thank you for sharing about the high ETH gas fees, that answers the questions I had on why the XP was so OP.
“Isn’t it dismissive to expect them to not have any perks over a fresh new user?” Presales for Ghost tokens were .10 DAI. So early adopters get cheaper tokens AND 80%XP AND 80% wearables…that is a bit OP. I think it is great there are perks for early adopters(i.e. cheaper tokens); not this many perks though. 903 gotchis from haaunt 1 have the 500XP, they will receive the bulk of the rarity farming rewards season 1.

“Finally, those who cared enough about the 500 XP, found friends or providers to hook-up their gotchis for a fee or a tip or even for free.”
To suggest I didn’t care is incorrect; I am older and have no ‘computer’ friends. I read the wiki instructions from the aavegotchi website before joining the game and the instructions do not discuss the need to be on discord; voting for XP, looking up medium articles, etc…nothing, no links.
I missed out XP opportunity because of an oversight in the instructions on wiki.
I did not have telegram or discord and had not heard of medium before I joined aavegotchi.
I am doing great with kinship and the XP available to me, but will not receive much from XP because the top 900 spots mentioned above. What I see is an amazing game that lost a lot of its early adopters due to logistical issues; any comments or questions I have are in the hopes of shedding light to prevent further fans from feeling disenfranchised and leaving/not joining.

This game is solving financial banking issues of the future and will be the model to study in years to come, to suggest the game might have failed without early adopters is not understanding the genius of this project.

3 Likes

It is refreshing to receive such well thought out and respectful responses from someone who is actually in disagreement, thank you.
I am glad the info about the ETH gas fees helped you.
I hope this community, especially once Metaverse launches, will allow you to make more “computer friends”… During these pandemic times, we are the best kind of fren!
Unfortunately, I do believe game has always been designed to reward “engagement” - and that kind of involvement gets rewarded with perks such as XP. It becomes very important to devote time to read in Discord/ Twitter / Telegram/ Forums, etc - if you want to make sure you are aware of the latest developments. Another consideration re. XP is the fact that there is the same XP limit for all gotchies- so any XP advantage eventually gets erased in the very long run, while it is also the reward category that was allocated the least amount of GHST, perhaps for many of the reasons you have mentioned.
Finally, of the 3 RF competition categories, it is the one category where you will always have the easiest opportunity to “catch up” because of the sacrifice dynamic. With this last point, I invite you to consider that there are currently people selling gotchies for LESS GHST that they spent in opportunity costs- (They would have made more by investing the gas fees of the first votes+ costs of their portal in an LP and HODLing)
So… if you buy and sacrifice one of these XP gotchies- you are already in a better position than this seller whom you currently (and incorrectly) see as having this game-breaking advantage over you (because of opportunity costs).

3 Likes