Given some of the recent grievances being aired by the community, I think we can knock out several rofls with one stone here.
- Some people feel that PC makes decisions without consulting the DAO first – it is the DAO’s responsibility to course correct but timing is tough when things are short notice
- Some people have noted that some sig props don’t become core proposals right away… there is a dead period
- Sometimes proposals are written in a biased manner that lead on voters
With a taskforce for snapshot management, we can take this load off of PC themselves. They are furiously busy building our wonderful gotchiverse so offloading this responsibility to trusted community members (with PC still giving a final signoff before a core prop is posted) could help unclog the DAO a bit so to speak. Responsibilities would include:
- Removing any malformed sigprops in a timely manner
- Monitoring active sigprops for ones that pass
- When a SigProp passes with quorem, a CoreProp should be created within 48 hours with a reasonable voting period.
- CoreProps should be drafted by members of this team, and SHOULD NOT just be carbon copies of the SigProp. When a CoreProp is ready to go live, someone from PixelCraft can give it a review and approve or make edits before posting.
Members of this team should:
- Have a vast knowledge of many facets of DeFi and crypto in general. You should be able to fully understand every SigProp that shows up (this unfortunately excludes me from this taskforce as some props go over my head).
- Be prepared to review discussions surrounding a SigProp and create an UNBIASED CoreProp when the time comes that clearly outlines arguments for each side.
With this team, I think we as a DAO can have a much more streamlined process of getting proposals through the pipeline, while taking some burden off of the PC team so they can focus on making this sick game.