Creating Vanity Equipables

Agree. Non transferable wearables for event participation or timed sales would be incredibly cool and not impact the current ecosystem too much.

Perhaps they’ll go back to developing it and considering the economics after they’re finished launching the first part of the game this month.
I’m curious myself if a purely cosmetic item/a statless item will impact the price of an actual useful item that’s used for channeling, BRS farming, gameplay utility, stats, etc.

Gm gotchos,

Some questions to consider on community submitted vanity wearables:

How often should vanity wearables be released?

How often should community submitted vanity wearables be released?

What are the requirements to submit a design?

How many winners per round of submissions?

What happens if your design is good but the format is incorrect?

What if your design is good but the side/back views look off?

Who decides which wearables make it in the game?

How many wearables can u enter per submission? (Single items/vs sets)

How many submissions can one artist enter per round?

How many of each item/set can be minted? Does the artist choose?

How will said wearables be distributed? GBM/raffle?

Do sales revenue go to the artist or to PC?

Does PC take a cut of the sale? If so how big?

What percent royalties should the artist receive on resales?

Should there be a way to fuse vanity wearables to stat-wearables permanently? (Deflationary + sink)

2 Likes

I don’t see how the two would even be related at all.

I don’t think people are buying wearables because of the look. You don’t really hve a choice in making it something you wanted, you buy based on the stats and the sets and how all of that works with your particular gotchi.

Custom wearables are just bling, and people will buy them because they like them or because its for membership in some group. Totally different market.

Great questions! Here’s my answers I believe to make sense:

How often should vanity wearables be released?

At first, we should release a batch of relatively small quantity to test the markets. It’s important to preserve the current status quo. My biggest concern is if vanity wearables will disrupt the common - rare markets. If there appears to be no problem, then we roll out a more generous schedule.

What are the requirements to submit a design?

1. No copycat or similar designs.
  2. Designs must fit the skins.
  3. Designs must work within the gotchiverse lore
  4. No brand or personal promotions

How many winners per round of submissions?

Depends on how much impact the vanities have on BRS markets

What happens if your design is good but the format is incorrect?
What if your design is good but the side/back views look off?

There ought to be a strict criteria for the designs upon submission. If a design is selected as a winner, then there would be some dev coordination to make sure everything is connected properly. Having really solid templates for artists to work with would greatly benefit everyone.

Who decides which wearables make it in the game?

My original thought on this would be the wearables task force would gather all designs (and eliminate poorly formatted ones) and curate a list for the community to put up for a vote. The WTF would act as a filter with the community being the ultimate voice.

How many wearables can u enter per submission? (Single items/vs sets)
How many submissions can one artist enter per round?

I don’t think there should be a limit to # of submissions. That being said, I do think the WTF should have the authority to remove junk submissions. ie: someone submits 20 designs that are all similar, don’t follow the format, and were whacked together in a few minutes.

How many of each item/set can be minted? Does the artist choose?

This is a great question that needs to be carefully discussed. Perhaps at first we launch with a standardised qty of items. ie: the first batch of items are in 500 per. This would let us see if there’s any impact to the market. Once we establish there is no correlation between BRS items and vanities, we could open the door to custom qty items.

How will said wearables be distributed? GBM/raffle?

I think a combination of both would be ideal. 80/20 GBM & raffle. This should be a set number which the artist cannot choose as obviously the artist would always opt for 100% GBM. If vanities are a success without much impact on the markets, then they would serve as a great ticket sink from raffles.

Do sales revenue go to the artist or to PC?
Does PC take a cut of the sale? If so how big?
What percent royalties should the artist receive on resales?

Revenues should be split between the two. I’m unclear as to what that % would be.
Resale royalties would also be tremendous for artists and should definitely be considered. The standard bazaar fee could be routed to them.

Should there be a way to fuse vanity wearables to stat-wearables permanently? (Deflationary + sink)

Absolutely! Though in my opinion, a permanent fuse does not sound ideal. Perhaps an alchemica consuming attachment and detachment would work here. Though I do think there are technical complications with the wearable protocol as they are semi-fungible.

3 Likes

To build on what’s already been shared, I have some other ideas for the vanity items which really excite me.

OTHER IDEAS

Bind-to-Gotchi Vanity wearables

Create vanity items which “bind” to the gotchi. That is, they are non-transferrable (like badges). These could serve as excellent promotions for events. Advantage: boosts value of individual gotchis without causing any dilution in the market.
Some examples:
You attend the grand opening launch of the gotchiverse and are awarded a vanity wearable item which cannot be transferred.
PC hosts an in-realm party and each gotchi in attendance is awarded a party hat (non-transferrable).

PvP and World Event Rewards

This is building on the previous idea but excites me so much it deserves its own heading. With vanity items that bind-to-gotchi, we can release epic rewards for the champions of the realm. Whoever ranks first in the arena will be awarded an epic suit of vanity armour. The top 50 or 100 would get a suit of similar style but less ornate.

Whomever achieves world-firsts would receive epic vanity items of all sorts of design.

Quest Rewards

Another advantage of vanity items which bind-to-gotchi are quest rewards. Everyone loves a good quest chain in mmorpgs and part of the thrill is the rewards at the end. Given the current economic structure of the game, we can’t simply award people BRS boosting items. However, we could award players with vanity items :slight_smile:

Shrouding

To build on the fusing of items, or transmogging for the wow players, we could introduce “shrouding.” That is, for an alchemica fee, you can cover your current gear with a vanity item. That way, you can still reap the benefits of your godlikes while showing off some 1/1 artwork or your arena champion gear.

3 Likes

I like the idea of doing the vanity wearables in batches and letting community vote on which ones to allow in. This is the easiest way to filter out the trash as it removes all work from the devs and places the work side firmly in the communities hands.

I think we should go through all these good ideas and try to optimize them to require no coding from devs or get all the coding work into one small areas so it’s a single task for the devs.

Anything we can push onto the community will get us faster shipping, and increase community involvement.

3 Likes

Agree fren. The fully decentralised route in my opinion doesn’t work here. We need some form of curation and gatekeeping. We could first do it ad hoc and based on demand.

Once X amount of submissions are received and warrant a release, we could vote and release. After awhile, we’ll have a better idea on the cadence for releases.

Ideally the design templates get the artwork 90% compliant. There could even be a bounty position for some of the community designers to complete the compliance of the designs so as to not detract from the core team. It would just take a little training on the current set up.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

We definitely should take care or at least give the chance to all the aartists in our own community first before looking anywhere else. If all of us suck or are not up to standards then so be it, but yeah if you know you know.

Don’t think it’s necessary to make them have stats, just as a skin would be already an achievement imo. Down the track why not, but for now no priority I would say.

It could be running parallel with RF (or every second), first 6 weeks you can enter your stuff and the last 2 weeks they are filtered and voted for. You could have 3 winners per season; best set with 1-3 wearables, best set with 4-5 wearables and the best set with 6-7 wearables.

As for distribution, I would aim for a GBM auction. They are fun and everyone gets rewarded in doing so, including the game, pc, etc. Supply could be only 100 of each winning wearable slot, at least for the first round and take it from there.

I like the idea of it being a poap kinda thing, but I lean more towards having them transferable so they can be traded and generate incentive.

As for the revenue and royalties, I agree with a certain split on the revenue, but definitely not 50-50. Royalties should always go to the aartist, not too sure if that should be the 3.5% bazaar fee altho I do like the idea.

1 Like

It did go the way of the dodo, same way it did with the airdrop+quiz+aagent missions part 2 and a specialized advertising taskforce besides GMI. Not like I have much place to talk, I haven’t gotten into contact with people whos bread and butter is advertising, marketing, partnerships despite having some cash and the potential DAO funds.

I think the best way to move it forward would be to have an initial contest.

When the beta of the tool is available, set a date a week later, and allow one entry per person.

At the end, Xibot goes through and removes all entries that do not conform to the standard, or are unusable, and these are used as examples of how not to do it. A hall of shame, with an explanation of what’s wrong with it, for each disqualified entry. <—this is the cost of entry… fail and it’s forever the example

After Xibot does his pass, the surviving entries are put up for a core prop vote, that also serves as the election for the Community Review And Art Facilitation Team (CRAAFT)

The top 3-5 people, depending on how many made it through the selection process, are now in charge of managing the submissions and maintaining the knowledge base for this area. As these are the people that will most likely be making a lot of wearables to sell, they have a vested interest in making sure that quality stays high.

For payment/incentive, I think it would be fair to let the CRAAFTers mint with no fee besides the gas, as long as the CRAAFT team is releasing less than 20% of the wearables. This gives them a nice tip, for doing the work to maintain the integrity of the scene, and it incentivizes them to teach others to do it correctly, and to foster a community where this is a popular activity. The more people they get doing this and doing it well, the more of their own projects they can put onto the market.

They could also work with the WTF to develop events where the winning idea becomes an official wearable and is added to the next raffle, and the designer of that wearable gets 1% of the proceeds on all sales of that wearable, forever. Ideally, we would be seeing multiple community designs in each release.

2 Likes

Hello frens.
Great to see this topic picking up steam again.

I would like to second Hardcors notion of creating a new task force separate from the WTF to deal with everything related to community submitted vanity wearables… as these have nothing to do with stats I feel like the WTF would be out of their scope as their task is more related to balancing the stat affecting wearables.

For the “CRAAFT” team imo we need artistically inclined ppl who A) understand the aesthetic of the game and B) understand the technicalities of the “pixelcrafting” process which is a very lengthy and precise process and needs to be implemented perfectly.

I would like to nominate myself to be the first member of this task force as I have experience in creating multiple wearable sets, I understand the pixelcrafting process and have spent numerous hours thinking about the aesthetics of this game and studying the style in order to make my sets match the current design of the game.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with the 2 comments above!

I tend to lean towards having a CRAAFT first, before having an initial contest to determine it’s members. As Laggin mentioned, the creating of wearable sets conform with the standard is a very technical and time consuming process, so having a group of people that have mastered or have learned that process from scratch together to have some gatekeeping/education is probably the way to go.

I also think it’s important to have a filter before going back to Xibot/PC anyway, could be even straight away with the winners/ready to implement ones. That is the CRAAFT’s task (link between PC and participants) in ensuring that all entries submitted are conform.

With that I would like to nominate myself to be the second member of the CRAAFT. In the last 4 months I went from absolute noob in pixel art to completing my first compatible wearable set a few weeks ago. I like to think of myself as the light version of Bin_Laggin, more like Bin_Light if you like. Maybe not a noob anymore but still a lot to achieve to get to that next level. Happy to offer my services!!

1 Like

Excellent point @bin_laggin and @HARDKOR on a separate team for managing the vanity wearables. It was never the original intent of the WTF and many of its members may not be inclined to take on the new role nor have the proficiency or understanding of the pixel art process.

This idea is shaping up nicely. I love your artwork @bin_laggin and would agree you an obvious choice for the Craaft force. I too have spent numerous hours in Aseprite scheming up designs for the beloved gotchis. I have quite a bit of experience in designing “skins” for different applications dating back to the Winamp 2x days so I understand what it takes to align everything pixel for pixel. I nominate myself as the second member to the new task force :smiley:

I’d love to hear if the devs have anything in stow regarding vanity wearables we might be able to work with as an opening framework? @coderdan @xibot

I see an exciting time ahead for aartists, community and non alike!

3 Likes

Gm dear Aartist/Craafters/Frens! Yes, indeed we have this open discussion internally for months about the upcoming “Faashion-Only” wearables made by Aartists & Frens. I’ve already made(draafted in review) a DAO proposal in this matter dat will be open soon once we move forward into the gotchiverse game play.

And yes, definitely super exciting time ahead for pixelcrafters aartists!

LFG!

:pencil2: :sparkles: :ghost: :rocket:

7 Likes

Can’t wait for this update

1 Like