Fake Gotchies rebranding required?

where is the large % of crypto information shared? twitter

all you have to do is read and its explained right there. its in the branding on twitter AND the website.

If you heard someone talking about Bored Ape Yacht Club for the first time in your life, you would equally have zero idea what it meant. That goes with EVERYTHING you EVER learn for the FIRST time ever lol.

Branding:

@xibot @Xeko I think we all know that half of any crypto community doesnā€™t give AF about NFT art or meme culture, they just want moon. I think this post is really just pointing out the people that only care about pvp and gameplay which have been in the works this entire time anyways.

As this was covered on release day as ā€œnope, too lateā€, Im not including this in the meeting unless there is some compelling argument made that would justify rebranding a release.

I see both sides pretty clearly but the window is closed as far I as I can tell. Please post these sort of things ASAP, not during the release, so they can be given proper attention at a time when a change is possible.

1 Like

Iā€™m not seeing how that is confusing. Do we need periods between every acronym like N.F.T., E.I.P., or N.A.S.A.?

ā€œoriginal,ā€ in the context of FAKE Gotchis means an artist created a piece of art, whether inspired by something else, or their own idea, with their own artistic abilities, not copy/paste - low effort ripoffs. It does not mean ā€œoriginalā€ as in, ā€œthe first of its kind.ā€ maybe your confusion lies there.

Inspiration was drawn, and homage is paid. To say no-one knows the dual connotation FAKE holds in the crypto sphere is incorrect.

From the Fakerare website -
"In April of 2018 (too busy to fact check exact datesā€¦ this might be a bit fake) the Rare Pepe scientists retired and left us to ponder the next step in evolution for Rare Pepe. After all, many memes were left on the cutting room floor because they werenā€™t submitted in time, were rejected by scientists, or were just created outside of the scope of Rare Pepe.

Official Fake Rares began as a bit of a joke. Rare Scrilla, a prolific Rare Pepe artist and serial trollerā€¦ knowingly violated the rules by posting a fake rare in the official Rare Pepe telegram groupā€¦ and was bannedā€¦ so naturally, he spun up BEWARE OF FAKE RARES to provide a ā€œsafe spaceā€ for sharing fakes. This infamous fake rare became the ā€œproof of banā€ card, building the early membership for Fake Rares. After air-dropping FAKEASF to the first 100 members, Fake Rares caught fire as a place to do hoodrat shit with your friends. It has since become a thriving ecosystem of artists, collectors and enthusiasts who are interested in bitcoin-native NFTs and have a deep appreciation for this homage to Rare Pepe."

1 Like

From your argument, people would also don.t give a shit if it was called <<<. whatever .>>> gotchies, as they just want moon, but I care (which basically destroys your shallow argumentation). I care about semantics and I also thing that PC and the DAO can do better than copy catting other projects like Fake Rare. With the risk of repeating myself, PC can and should do better.

How about Fugotchis? Yā€™know, fugazi. Still means fake without calling em fakeā€¦

move on dude you have no idea whatā€™s going on with this and you are parading around with oxford dictionary definitions that donā€™t mean a damn thing for what Fake Gotchis are.

its supposed to be fake.

Well this turned into a Reddit squabble now didnā€™t it. Hardly seems worth getting wadded up panties over.

Now after some time has passed, the term ā€œfakeā€ might be pretty accurate as the ā€œartworkā€ is created solely to sell them and make money.
How about having for publishers on Discord a ā€œcounterfeiterā€ -role?

3 Likes