How many Portals should be bought in one txn?

I agree with idea of max 3 portals per transactions with 10 max portals per wallet and aprox 5 minutes waiting time between them.
No point of having only few whales owning those cute aavegotchis.

4 Likes

Max per 24 hours should be limited to 5.

2 Likes

KYC isn’t required to buy Portals, just for buying GHST from the bonding curve on aavegotchi.com/curve

3 Likes

Since we are living in different time zones and can’t be at all times be present during the launch of portals, I suggest maximum of 5 portals with 12-24 hrs delay every transactions.

4 Likes

5 with cool down (if possible) and no bots allowed

4 Likes

Well its supposed to be a game and you cant play the game without a character… The most important factor is that everyone gets at least one.

Maybe lock trading portals or ghosts and enforce that a certain amount of friendship has to be earned in the first few hours or days or else the ghost/portal gets deleted/refunded. This sounds harsh but it ensures that people are in for the game and not only for the quick profit. This would render buying with bots useless but it is probably a lot of work to implement in a balanced manner.

3 Likes

I believe that there should be a limit of 10 portals per transaction.

If it is possible to have a cooldown period after buying, without delaying the launch this would be something I would consider supporting as well.

Many of these suggestions are way too complex, or would alienate certain users. I think the best option is to just keep it simple. Limit the portals to 10, If the haunt sells out immediately and it’s found that the supply was bought up by whales, we can vote for a new haunt immediately after.

5 Likes

I vote 10 portals per account.

2 Likes

I’m an aagent. And I don’t know how quickly I will be able to nab up a portal, cause I think mostly whales will be incentivized to buy them all up as quickly as possible.

Honestly, I think the initial big bucks will come from gotchis themselves, given the sort of sales we are seeing and hype from axies recently.

I would like to have a gotchi on launch in order to have my aagent gear, and experience from voting to apply.

I’m even considering putting my gotchi up for sale and locking so I can still use it. regardless, - so I’m not certain that my opinion ought to be taken into too much consideration.

But, I would like to have a gotchi at launch.

And if I was a whale, I would be attempting to maximize the number of portals I obtain, in order to get the most rare gotchis, and and then put the most rare clothes on them - -and then flip them on the baazaar or opensea for like 888 ETH or whatever the high scores are for selling axies are these days.

What’s that like 1.8 million dollars.

And then wait for the next haunt to get your portfolio of gotchis.

Incentives are pretty strong to gobble those portals up, take the rarest, and then flip whatever is left over.

Even if it’s not 888 ETH, we’ll probably see 69 ETH and 420 ETH.

1 Like

Let’s do a quick poll to see the general sentiment

Portals per transaction should be limited to

0 voters

5 Likes

if possible at all, relate the max to prior achievements (aagent? disclaimer: i’m not one) and / or QUICK/GHST LP-ing (disclaimer: i am one).
and def some delay between tx’s

I vote for 5, yes, FIVE .

5 per transaction would be fine.

1 Like

I think 3 portals is enough to be quite fair in the user base :slight_smile:

My main concerns is the bots…I also think we should limit to something around 5 (makes more than 500 $ on current prices, avoids the whales and allows medium and small to enter)
And also open batches at scheduled hours so people from across the world won’t suffer from beeing at the wrong place (time slot).
Also is it possible to introduce an antibot verification ?

Yours truly

I follow the Aavegotchi project since early November and even if i’m not an Aagent, i just want to give my opinion. I have been here, ready for the launch on Ethereum, even with the high gas fees, i was sad after the cancel but i understood that the high gas fees could help whales to have all the portals and dump on us (small players) after that. Even if I was doubtful at the beginning, Aavegotchi team do a real great work to help us migrate to Matic, and I’m now grateful because i understand more things on L2 and liquidity pool than before. But for the launch, I think we need to remember as a community that we are coming from Eth to Matic to enable small players to have a gotchi, so I think 25 or 50 portals in one txn is way too much, i vote 5.

“I like the 5 max per tx with a few minutes of cooldown for a total of 10 portal max per wallet” from Quincy1971 seems fair to me

I hope it could help, just wanna bring my stone in the wall :blush:

PS: I will try to get one even if it’s 50 portals per txn, i’ve got the Gotchi Virus frens :facepunch:

5 Likes

To keep things interesting, I’ll share a consideration that seems to lend itself toward higher limits.

@Mims mentioned the main concern being bots (as opposed to well funded humans). I’m cautiously optimistic we’ll be able to defeat the bots. However, IF bots do find success, it seems to me they will benefit the most from smaller buy limits.

Imagine us mere mortals buying portals one by one while a bot is running some script and able to process transactions many times faster than us. In such a situation, we may prefer being able to buy more per transaction.

While unlikely, bot concerns may be worthy enough for us to consider adjusting the limits upward a bit.

6 Likes

I like the idea of 20 portals per transaction.

If on this basis only half the portals get sold in the first 24 hours (unlikely I know), then how about pricing the remaining half of the portals to increase by 0.1 ghst after every sale to encourage people to buy them. eg 100.1 ghst, then 100.2 ghst is the cost of the next portal and so on. This worked really well when Cryptokitties were selling off there 50,000 Gen-0 cats at the beginning.

Or how about price the first 10 portals at 100 ghst, then if they want to buy 20 instead, the next 10 cost 150 ghst (but you get a free Legendary wearable)…

Lots of options…

1 Like

There is one simple problem
polygon is so god awful cheap to transact that people can split their money over 1000’s of acccounts for less than 10 cents
a simple bot will make short work of any limitations you put into place.

I say we add some type of thing you have to do every time you buy that a bot wouldn’t be able to do
and also something a human can’t do in 3 seconds either

because even people can split their money across 10 accounts easily with fees below even a 10th of a cent. That is how crazy polygon is

so maybe make people do a minigame to find portals ? Maybe this will result in people not finding any and getting screwed over :frowning:
also this would take far too much time to implement at the moment.
for future haunts i would definitely take this route to make it fair + anti bot and this is the only way to limit even people from buying a billion portals.

For now i say maybe we make something like a captcha to limit bots
and also a max of 5 per transactions

7 Likes

10 is beautiful number