New designated wearable for Guild insignia

Hi frens,

I was listening to last weeks Hangout when coderdan accidentally shared a little alpha while discussing Guild insignia in The Realm. From what I understood, the plan is for all Aavegotchis in a Guild to be equipped with the same wearable in The Realm as proof of membership. But the wearable will be from the existing pool (staff, mug, shirt, etc.).

I’d like to propose instead of using an existing wearable as proof of Guild membership, the insignia of a Guild be placed on a new designated wearable (more than likely a body item). The insignia would be designed by the Guild using a template or guidelines set by the Aavegotchi team, would be low cost and not affect the Aavegotchis BRS.

Not only would this allow for easier identification of Guild members, but it would also remove the barrier of entry into a Guild as existing wearables are become more expensive and more difficult to obtain.

I’d like to offer this topic for discussion.

Thank you frens!
Choyna.

15 Likes

So the idea is to have the Guild design their own wearables and distribute it among their members right?

2 Likes

Thank you for the discussion.

That’s correct. It would only be one wearable per member and would more than likely be a body wearable. I believe the discussion on Saturday was that each member of the same Guild would all need to possess the same existing wearable. But I think a wearable specific to each Guild (which is affordable) would be preferable.

2 Likes

So will there be traits modifiers inside the wearable ? If it is like the uncommon ones I think the price would be reasonable.

2 Likes

To be honest, I would prefer the wearables are free and don’t modify the traits (similar to the H1 Backgrounds) as some Aavegotchis would prefer + and some - adjust. The only disadvantage I could see though is that all Aavegotchis in a Guild would be at a slight disadvantage to those not affiliated because the ‘lone’ Aavegotchi would possess a wearable with a trait modifier in The Realm.

4 Likes

Yeah I’d prefer that too, maybe even just a badge instead of a wearable. Being part of a guild shouldn’t actively punish you in terms of BRS imo.

14 Likes

100%

Another consideration is how to handle the wearable. What happens when a member leaves a guild? My only concern is if the badges aren’t revoked, some players might try to just accumulate as many guild badges as possible. It would also lead to confusion within the realm.

4 Likes

Moon that’s a very good point. Guild members should’t be punished with a Wearable that does not help it’s BRS. But thinking about that, if an existing wearable is used, the Gotchi may be punished with negative points if the Guilds chosen Wearable does not match the direction of the Aavegotchis bell curve.

But I remember coderdan also mentioning it would be easy to add a second larger pocket to our Gotchis to hold more Baadges and the Guild Baadge could be kept in this pocket. The only question I have with a Baadge is how would the Gotchi be recognized in The Realm as a member of a Guild? Unless the Baadge is somehow visible own the Gotchi? I’m not sure.

Thank you for the discussion, it’s always appreciated fren.

2 Likes

Thank you and very good points.

There has been talk of ‘loaning’ our Gotchis to other players. I wonder if a Guild Lead can be awarded a certain amount of Insignia Baadges to loan out to their recruited members. The Baadge could then be revoked if that member does not follow any guidelines set forth by the Guild Lead/Panel/DAO.

coderdan mentioned Gotchis would not be limited to a single Guild within The Realm. But maybe each Guild could decide if they want their members to only be involved in their Guild as a condition of membership. There will be Guilds that are friendly towards shared membership, but also more aggressive Guilds who forbid their members to collaborate with another Guild.

3 Likes

I heard they were working on a wearable builder and there was a discussion about that where people were also under the impression that there would be a dapp in the realm for the guild insigna so I was very surprised to hear that it would be using existing wearables instead. I also heard a lot of unanswered questions with that proposition so it’s probably still time to steer it toward specific guild wearables.

I think it should not affect BRS and as such would be more like vanity wearables. I could imagine a flag for the hand slot where we get to chose the color and design the emblems ourselve. It could also encourage the artists in the community as not all guilds would be able or willing to design their own insigna. The problem with the flag is it uses a slot that could be used to change the brs. Maybe it does not matter since it is only for channeling and could be equiped only at that time and carried in the pocket otherwise. The transferable baadge is a good idea too, but less visible.

The question of what happen when a user leaves a guild still has to be answered either way. In the first proposition are we in the guild automatically just by owning the guild item?

Thank you for creatiing this thread, I think I am not the only one that was surprised by this so it is good that we can have the discussion now

4 Likes

Hello,
I’'ll just paste my random idea from discord

3 Likes

Something like this would look aavesome!!
TheGotchiFArmy Insignia|400x200

3 Likes

Maybe we could use the background slot of the aavegotchi for the guild insignia and have this artwork overlayed onto a body wearable of Aavegotchis. The background would be like the H1 background with no impacts on traits or rarity.

8 Likes

I suggest having some official ways of creating guilds, like a snapshot vote or something that has some official guidance. IF not a snapshot vote, a DAO thread for each guild should be enough and a Wiki page with the every guild details: name, description, owners/maintainers, discord channel.

In the guild insignia, I support the idea of a badge that can be given/withdrawn by the guild masters (a gnosis multi sig would do here). The wallet controlled by the guild masters should be allowed by PixelCraft to control those badges.

3 Likes

I like the idea of the insignia in the pocket. Maybe create a new type in the pocket to display it? Contrarily to badges it should be removable but I think having a designated slot for it would force having only one insignia per gotchi at any given time. There should be a way to control their emission and distribution, I would do as @ader1990.eth suggested and let the guild masters manage it (with a multi sig of course)

6 Likes

Also what if the guild you are a part of chooses a wearable that does not suit your gotchi? The background is a good idea, it is basically a slot in the pocket with no brs effect that has its own display. Guilds could get creatives and people could show it off. I think we should first answer the question if we want to allow gotchis to be part of more than one guild as this would be harder to control with the background than with the new type of badge in the pocket I proposed

3 Likes

I like the idea, if we want to maintain a balance on the baazar, we must not create a team from wearable, I like the badge system

2 Likes

Since lurking in this discussion, I have realised how well designed the aavegotchi and its wearables are. I very much prefer the option of a baadge rather than taking up a wearable slot, but was trying to think of how it could be displayed. Which is when I noticed that most pixels of an aavegotchi are already being used. So I agree with the overlay idea, kind of like a tattoo on a particular area of any gotchi… but where? H1 background label is using bottom right corner (as do pets), so maybe top right, bottom or top left corners? But will those corners be displayed in-game?

4 Likes

Insignia should be NFT items and will obviously be minted.
They should be a class of items of their own. Not wearables, not badges, not wallpapers, insignias.

Insignia’s price is a first debate, i see mainly 3 options :

1. minting an insignia is free
  2. minting an insignia is very cheap like 1 GHST, goes to the aavegotchi DAO trreasury
  3. insignia’s price is controlled by its guild, and a % of the price goes to the aavegotchi DAO treasury other part goes to the guild’s DAO treasury. It assumes all guilds have a Treasury + DAO, which is not granted as of now (even if it makes sense, it’s not granted).

I agree option 3 is the most complex to implement.

Managing access to the insignia’s minting is something else. Guild should be able to controll access to the minting. In my opinion a guild access should always be related to a wallet address (an individual) and a gotchi.

In that model a gotchi can only be part of one guild, if you want to be part of multiple guilds, then well you need multiple gotchis…

here is how i see thing.

• If it’s decided insignias should be free then a guild admin can mint the insignia. It will be binded to a wallet address and a gotchi id and send directly to the wallet address when minted. Those 2 properties should be immutable.
  • If insignias are not free, then my solution is more complex. The guild admin will mint a NFT voucher binded to a wallet address and a gotchi id. It will be sent to the wallet address. Once you received your voucher you can then mint / pay your insignia and the voucher is burned in the process.

In both scenarios, i think that if the gotchi’s owner changes, insignia’s should be burnt.

Here too, I agree second solution is more complex to implement.

3 Likes

Hello Frens,

As I m reading your messages I see that NOBODY is agreeing with the the fact that wearable are the right solution to show that you belong to a guild.

Two major questions here :
1-Where to store your ‘ITEM’ to ‘activate’ your membership with a guild, ( limited to only or more ?)
2- How should it be displayed in the game to allow people to recognize each other’s guilds ?

For the first question, I would imagine a new slot where you store the guild insignia, and make it exclusive to only the guild you belong to, then some kind of mechanism where if your guild is having an alliance with other guild it will allow you to do communal channeling with the other guild members automatically.
Guilds are recruiting anybody that wants to join them so it won’t be hard for people to collect all the insignias available to maximize their farming strategy…that will ruin the guild game IMO.

For the look in game as we are brainstorming, I would say that a Hallo with the guild design wouldn’t be a bad idea since avegotchis are ghosts :wink: OR customized Wings this will allow us to keep our wearables and be identified by our guild members :slight_smile:

Ps : you guys are awesome !
Cheers

2 Likes