New designated wearable for Guild insignia

Hi frens,

I was listening to last weeks Hangout when coderdan accidentally shared a little alpha while discussing Guild insignia in The Realm. From what I understood, the plan is for all Aavegotchis in a Guild to be equipped with the same wearable in The Realm as proof of membership. But the wearable will be from the existing pool (staff, mug, shirt, etc.).

I’d like to propose instead of using an existing wearable as proof of Guild membership, the insignia of a Guild be placed on a new designated wearable (more than likely a body item). The insignia would be designed by the Guild using a template or guidelines set by the Aavegotchi team, would be low cost and not affect the Aavegotchis BRS.

Not only would this allow for easier identification of Guild members, but it would also remove the barrier of entry into a Guild as existing wearables are become more expensive and more difficult to obtain.

I’d like to offer this topic for discussion.

Thank you frens!
Choyna.

3 Likes

So the idea is to have the Guild design their own wearables and distribute it among their members right?

1 Like

Thank you for the discussion.

That’s correct. It would only be one wearable per member and would more than likely be a body wearable. I believe the discussion on Saturday was that each member of the same Guild would all need to possess the same existing wearable. But I think a wearable specific to each Guild (which is affordable) would be preferable.

1 Like

So will there be traits modifiers inside the wearable ? If it is like the uncommon ones I think the price would be reasonable.

1 Like

To be honest, I would prefer the wearables are free and don’t modify the traits (similar to the H1 Backgrounds) as some Aavegotchis would prefer + and some - adjust. The only disadvantage I could see though is that all Aavegotchis in a Guild would be at a slight disadvantage to those not affiliated because the ‘lone’ Aavegotchi would possess a wearable with a trait modifier in The Realm.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d prefer that too, maybe even just a badge instead of a wearable. Being part of a guild shouldn’t actively punish you in terms of BRS imo.

5 Likes

100%

Another consideration is how to handle the wearable. What happens when a member leaves a guild? My only concern is if the badges aren’t revoked, some players might try to just accumulate as many guild badges as possible. It would also lead to confusion within the realm.

3 Likes

Moon that’s a very good point. Guild members should’t be punished with a Wearable that does not help it’s BRS. But thinking about that, if an existing wearable is used, the Gotchi may be punished with negative points if the Guilds chosen Wearable does not match the direction of the Aavegotchis bell curve.

But I remember coderdan also mentioning it would be easy to add a second larger pocket to our Gotchis to hold more Baadges and the Guild Baadge could be kept in this pocket. The only question I have with a Baadge is how would the Gotchi be recognized in The Realm as a member of a Guild? Unless the Baadge is somehow visible own the Gotchi? I’m not sure.

Thank you for the discussion, it’s always appreciated fren.

1 Like

Thank you and very good points.

There has been talk of ‘loaning’ our Gotchis to other players. I wonder if a Guild Lead can be awarded a certain amount of Insignia Baadges to loan out to their recruited members. The Baadge could then be revoked if that member does not follow any guidelines set forth by the Guild Lead/Panel/DAO.

coderdan mentioned Gotchis would not be limited to a single Guild within The Realm. But maybe each Guild could decide if they want their members to only be involved in their Guild as a condition of membership. There will be Guilds that are friendly towards shared membership, but also more aggressive Guilds who forbid their members to collaborate with another Guild.

2 Likes

I heard they were working on a wearable builder and there was a discussion about that where people were also under the impression that there would be a dapp in the realm for the guild insigna so I was very surprised to hear that it would be using existing wearables instead. I also heard a lot of unanswered questions with that proposition so it’s probably still time to steer it toward specific guild wearables.

I think it should not affect BRS and as such would be more like vanity wearables. I could imagine a flag for the hand slot where we get to chose the color and design the emblems ourselve. It could also encourage the artists in the community as not all guilds would be able or willing to design their own insigna. The problem with the flag is it uses a slot that could be used to change the brs. Maybe it does not matter since it is only for channeling and could be equiped only at that time and carried in the pocket otherwise. The transferable baadge is a good idea too, but less visible.

The question of what happen when a user leaves a guild still has to be answered either way. In the first proposition are we in the guild automatically just by owning the guild item?

Thank you for creatiing this thread, I think I am not the only one that was surprised by this so it is good that we can have the discussion now

3 Likes