Aa Haunt 2 Runoff

AGIP4 failed ostensibly because none of the options had a wide enough margin of victory of 20%.

However, the options boiled down to YES/NO for a Haunt 2, with three options for YES and one option for NO. The three YES options in total easily gather the 20% margin of victory over the one NO option.

I propose a runoff then for Haunt 2 with just the three options.

6 Likes

Came here to write this very thing. Nice work. Seems the most logical thing to do. In future I think it needs to have 2 votes. First vote - yes or no to a new haunt. That requires a 20% buffer to win. Second vote includes 3 options. This only requires 10% buffer to win.

You have my support :v:

2 Likes

I think you just need to take a couple of deep breaths fren. It has nothing to do with whales, it was the structure of the vote that caused the issue, and this can be rectified going forward. That is whole purpose of the DAO. A lot of mistakes are still going to be made, and as a community we can work together to make it work.

It is almost a certainty this will be put forward as a runoff, so everything will be fine :slight_smile: Deep breath inā€¦ deep breath outā€¦

3 Likes

For cross-reference, thereā€™s now a couple proposals related to this:

1 Like

Haha. Iā€™m very calm. But I understand how it may seem I am fuming by the language I use.
Check the opinions in the Discord though. All Iā€™ve been hearing for the past few weeks are those with high rarity/large amounts of GHST, refusing to consider factors that will allow the game to grow for the future vs lining their own pockets now. Even though mass adoption would ensure that demand increases, thus adding to rarity, many still think that more inclusion will dilute what we currently have. WHICH IS NOTHING YET.lol. There is sooo much more going on that will add to the future. Most people denying Haunt 2, do so for what they think is going to benefit them, when in all likelihood it will just damage the community. Kind of disappointing. The arguments Iā€™ve seen just seem hollow and greedy. Thatā€™s more of what I mean. Maybe they arenā€™t all ā€œwhalesā€ but Iā€™d call them baby whales. The average person doesnā€™t have 100k GHST lying around to swoop up cheap items/Gotchiā€™s or to vote with. I cannot wait until individual Aavegotchiā€™s have more voting power.

3 Likes

I do like what you have to say btw. You have my vote sir!

2 Likes

Haha all good. Yeah it is difficult to gauge tone in messages

1 Like