Awful launch - no word of gas price increase destroying your chances at attainment

And the problem with this news coming so late before the launch is that us Aussies that had to set our alarm clocks to wake up for 1.30am, had no chance of knowing about bumping up gas prices. Myself, my brother-in-law and my son-in-law all missed out (where were all on group voice chat at the time). It has cost us dearly to obtain via bazaar a fraction of what we would have liked.

1 Like

The announcement about the Biconomy popup when performing the transaction said nothing about increasing the gas price.

1 Like

As unfortunate it is, that works perfectly for those who understand the system. When people were allowed to buy 25 per transaction, that means it will sell out more quickly and more people miss out. This makes great news(Sold in under a minute!) and immediately creates more demand, as a large part of the community misses out. Fomo kicks in and people are willing to pay extra in the bazaar, which also drives the price up and those that bought in bulk can sell for huge profit.

It would have been possible(at least i am fairly certain) to distribute the sale more evenly, such as taking a snapshot of addresses before the sale and reserve at least one portal to each of those addresses. But if everyone already got one, who would buy one for 8x (current floor price of unopened portal) right after the sale?

2 Likes

Now, they just don’t care.

All of them are busy discussing about their Aavegotchi’s rarity and how to pet them.

Leave many loyal and poor players behind, if you want to join? Go to the bazaar, there are tons of overpriced portals, go get it.

1 Like

Yeah. Basically I got over my initial anger and bought an opened portal at 3x price. We lost - simple as that. No sense being a sore loser. I’ll just come back for the next one and not get so excited - or feel so entitled.

2 Likes