Part of why I personally love Aavegotchi is because of the fun, reminiscent feeling it brings us from the Tamagotchi / Pokemon pixelated pet era. Thus, whilst the core dev team focuses on building the Aavegotchi metaverse to be rich in gameplay… I think some progress should also be done to bring Aavegotchi into the palm of our hands.
- How would you like to pet your Aavegotchi on your Fitbit watch?
- Increase kinship score when interacting with other Aavegotchis?
(e.g. remember putting two Digimon devices together lols)
- Is it worthwhile to manufacture standalone toys like Tamagotchi did?
Manufacturing is an entire beast of its own that requires a multitude of skilled people to manage material selection, supplier sourcing, product quality, logistics, inventory planning, fulfillment and support.
Also, the economics of Aavegotchi versus Tamagotchi are VASTLY different. People are currently buying portals in the Baazaar between 400 $GHST ~ 1000 $GHST. These are the prices right now without a physical version needing to exist…
- Would you be willing to pay for a physical product? How much more? 2000 $GHST?
- Can the price difference cover costs and generate a profit for the DAO? is it worth doing? or
- Would it be better to just build apps / tools that can extend the Aavegotchi experience to the physical realm e.g. do not get into manufacturing; just integrate with smartphones / fitbit
Signal your Interest
The dream of this thread is to bring Aavegotchi into real life.
So that Aavegotchi can
- Capture more new interest.
- Extend its relatability to the mainstream.
- Become one of the first NFT examples of bridging virtual with the physical
Achieving this dream can take many directions.
However, we first need to validate how many of us in the community want this dream?
Do you want to carry your Aavegotchi around in real life?
Signal your interest on the Snapshot page here.
If we have overwhelming indication that the answer is yes… then we’ll proceed to discuss the how… scope out the efforts and resources involved and grow this thread.