Convert Gotchi to Potion

Trigger warning: this post unabashedly discusses gotchi murder.
Right now there is a notable price discrepancy between XP potions and and gotchis with XP. Every few days someone pays 400+ GHST for an XP potion or 800+ for a greater XP potion, meanwhile there are gotchis with 50-100 XP for sale for 500-700 GHST. I’m not sure what causes the inefficiency—perhaps people think that sacrificing a gotchi is amoral, or perhaps there just aren’t enough people who understand the game mechanics.
If we made it possible to sacrifice a Gotchi for potions, I expect the price gap would close as the supply of potions would increase. I would propose that only a fraction of the sacrificed Gotchi’s XP could be captured—maybe 75%, but that could be debated—while the rest would be lost. This might encourage the sacrifice of gotchis, which would make additional haunts down the line a bit easier to stomach for Gotchi owners.
Another option would be to make a land installation that would be required to initiate this process—you could spend alchemica to build the installation and then you could sacrifice our gotchis for XP and charge others for sacrificing their gotchis in your installation. Maybe some kinship could be captured in a potion this way too.

1 Like

Yeah it sounds a little amoral, but I do agree that potions are not really affordable either… maybe set a duration for this special potion? like the expiry date on food products :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like