Hi Aavegotchi DAO - we are Infinity Keys, and we would like to propose a grant to create Infinity Keys challenges for Aavegotchi. The purpose is to create an onboarding flow for new users that reaches a variety of other gaming and web3 communities.
Infinity Keys is a gamified achievements platform with composable pieces from any web3 asset that helps projects & communities build engaging virtual challenges and quests. We are building a self-service model for anyone to create their own challenges, but for now we work directly with projects to do game design and implementation for challenges. We’re different from other projects like this in that we focus on gameplay experience, not just a retweet or follow spam campaign.
The full time team consists of Andy Boyan as Lead Founder, Technical Lead Tawnee Allport, Technical PM Chair, Solidity Dev Pegacarter, experienced supporting advisors including mobile and AAA game design talent, and a number of part-time contributors.
We’ve worked with a number of projects including Lens, Saga, Probably0, RehashDAO and more to create various gamified challenges, and we’re embarking on a series with several gaming partners to create challenges and eventually build overarching achievements that require players complete challenges across each game. It’s our way of expanding the metaverse.
For this proposal, we would like to create a series of challenges for Aavegotchi to help onboard newer players, give them the exposure to basic elements of the Gotchiverse without having to own a Gotchi themselves, and incentivize them with fun activities and treasure.
The steps in this challenge would be:
- Complete a basic passcode challenge on the Infinity Keys site to claim an access key (NFT).
- The access key creates an allowlist of addresses that can rent a Gotchi from a stable of Gotchis provided by co-sponsor Guild MSG.
- The player must pet the Gotchi.
- The player must explore the Gotchiverse and find a passcode hidden on a plot.
- Once the player has completed all four of these steps and claimed a key (NFT) for each, they can claim the overarching achievement trophy (NFT), which Infinity Keys will use to conduct drawings for treasure, and which the user can display as a badge of honor.
The idea behind this type of challenge is to create minigames that are not too hard, but still make the player feel like they have accomplished something. One of the challenges of Aavegotchi is that the initial investment to begin playing is significant, so this provides rails, guidance, and a tangible reward for players interested in learning about the world without a significant investment.
Themes: Part of the game design that Infinity Keys provides is a themed “story” for the player to engage with. The Infinity Keys lore is that we are keys to many places across the metaverse, so a very light Gotchi-themed story would be implemented for this challenge. This includes pixel-style art, and we will work with MSG artist TBURD to create NFT art for the keys and trophy that match Aavegotchi look and feel.
For the grant we are asking for a total of $7600. The breakdown of funds follows:
- $4600: The standard rate for an Infinity Keys designed challenge “Pack” with IK game design, custom branding, and NFT keys+achievements.
- $2000: Treasure dispersement. The additional overhead cost for Infinity Keys to manage treasure distribution. This cost can be mitigated if the AavegotchiDAO would prefer to distribute the treasure themselves.
- $1000: In tickets, GHST, and FakeGotchi cards as treasure distribution.
We are building several other challenges with other game communities in January—>Feb 2023. This proposal would go live in that timeframe. We would run the campaign as a promotion for 2-3 weeks to give people the opportunity to win treasure prizes. However, the challenge itself can stay up for longer. Due to active management from the MSG guild to maintain a whitelist for rental, we would have to play this by ear, but at minimum this campaign can be up for one month.