Introduce an Aavegotchi Dungeon Crawler

Game seems interesting, but how long will this take to develop if given 1 million dollars? I’m sure if we decided this route it could be something special, however I don’t know if we can develop this in time and market it before the next bull cycle comes and goes. Is there something that we can do you think that can be built instant and keep players interested?

Do I have a suggestion? Yes, I do but again I only have the idea and I don’t know how to build it. But let me tell you about a game I really enjoyed and I really hoped when I got p2e it would be something similar. First, I must give a glimpse of some of the things I used to do in the past to help understand.

I used to put in lots of volume in Fanduel and Draftkings when they first started. For those who don’t know what that is, its basically you pay an entre fee and you build a daily sports team with a budget and if that team does better than most of the field you win money more than the entry fee. So basically to be good at it, you have to be sharp with numbers and understand the sport and where to find value, there is more to it but that is pretty much the basis of it. As time went on more data was given and people begin to understand game theory much more and applied it making it harder as time went by to win. But from all of it, there was a model which I think we could use and pretty fun and I believe sustainable if we tweak some of the numbers. Well, okay go ahead, tell us already?

The game i think we could develop and be successful at is 50/50 contest. What is that? It’s where say we have 100 entries, and 50 of the users win, and the other 50 lose? So if we said let the 50/50 contest be 1 ghst entry, this could be the minimum but can have larger buy ins for players who want to play bigger. We could also have it where the lower the contest buy ins we can set that the experience level can’t be high skilled from data? Anyhow, if there 100 people enter, 1 ghst per person. 50 will win somewhere between 1.9 ghst and 2 ghst. 50 people will lose 1 ghst and Dao would earn a take somewhere between 3 to 10%. I believe fanduel and draftkings take 10% fee but I feel that is quite high. That sounds great, Cryptogreen but what game shall we play?

I would like to see arena or stages of places aavegotchis could fight, where they battle each other 50 people vs 50 people. You can have one team win after all 50 from the same team loses or you can have a time limit, whoever has more aavegotchis on a team alive will win the battle. Furthermore, there needs to be lots of different arenas built and they should be choose randomly after 100 people have joined. And also a random wheel on what weapons are traits are heightened for the battle. So each game will be random chosen arena with random chosen traits that are advantageous in that field. Anyhow that would be my idea on how to build something much faster and cheaper and a model that has been successful from fanduel, and draftkings. What are some thoughts on this? Is it even possible to build something like this rather quickly? Like before bull market comes and goes?

2 Likes

@Umami actually has the sports thing you want, ready to be built.

2 Likes

I like the concept and will soon be pushing an idea of my own similar, im sure you’ll love the concept and the plan, ill open a dao-forum-thread to get community input and ill slide into your DMs to run “The Staadium” by you to see if you can provide value to the team in some way !

The short teaser is something like a fantasy football league, that is social in nature, competitive in gameplay (although basic/simple in playability) and rich in external mechanisms with a pinch of randomness added.

1 Like

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your vision. I’ll gladly help with any input and ideas. Wow, I’m so happy that someone in our community has the ability to execute something like this.

“It’s been a long hard road building and upgrading the parcel… Now the haarvesters are churning and the alchemica is flowing into the reservoirs… and ohh does that Lv 9 Aalter look impressive… bang! clunk! whats that…!! The tired gotchi follows the sound that leads to the back of the Aalter and whoa!! There’s a door!!” Here begins the journey into the dungeon realm and could be quite an incentive to those oh so dedicated Lv9 buildoors

1 Like

Hey fren thanks for jumping in the discussion and welcome back!

I certainly think there could be some possibility to bring value-add to the Buildoors. Just spitballing a few ideas:

Owning an L9 altar grants a passive buff in the crawler.
Owning L9 altar opens a portal to skip first X floors.
Building X vanity installation grants other bonuses (like Wonders in Civilisation games)

Thoughts?

All great suggestions… Definitely another incentive mechanic to lever and put as many ‘carrots’ out for the buildoors to nibble on… a great project concept with some potential for adding some much needed elements to the verse experience!!

1 Like

when i referenced different skins and flavors to the experience, i was referencing in part the things we already have but of course any potential additions as well. in my mind we already have the transactional revenue generation model for the assets so we should leverage them, we just need to create the demand with experiences people actually want and of course more optional, but rewarding, sinks. no reason why you can’t issue special game specific effects, like death animations, enemy skins, particle effects, different level skins to be unlocked through progression or bought through a sink these could be non-transferrable to prevent ecosystem dilution.

i think its important that a free to play version doesn’t have tokenized rewards but just works for progression and fun, to make extraction a less practical means.

in my mind we can minimize transactions by something along the lines of a ux flow that goes as follows,
choose gotchi/rent a gotchi on home screen
enter the game,
base level where you can choose your mode, access in game shop, deal with progression unlock-ables, change your gotchis equipment etc

all on one easy to navigate screen with signage

on this screen there could be an altar that you charge with spirit force (cash for in game drops)
there could be different tiers of charging, want more loot charge with more force. it could be a loot multiplier based on the rate at which you wish to drain your spirit force. with this transaction you set an spirit force allowance per play. one transaction, could be as many plays as you want to charge.

then in order to claim your rewards free to play or otherwise (if your playing hardcore mode charged there will be additional tokenized assets) you portal out, and any earnings are added to your balance or airdropped straight to you. only transaction is to charge in game altar and doesn’t need to take place every play.

i do think that some form of free to play progression should exist, this could be in the form of some non tokenized drops, maybe just to unlock small boosts, different expirience etc. like a real game, not purely a speculative one even though the power of ecosystem assets is in the web3 financialization of in game resources, they don’t all need to be tokens. it only needs to be a token if its intended use is to be transferred around, and not all game assets need to be designed as such to protect our builds from extractors and botting.

3 Likes

i will agree with you in saying that the most powerful part of aavegotchi is integration of blockchain technologies.

i will argue however with you thinking that playability is not an important factor. at the end of the day aavegotchi ecosystem assets are built to be composable and work with products that support token products not just games, which is a huge value. but they at their core were designed to be gaming assets.

we are talking about building a different game for them here because while their is an aavegotchi metaverse there can be many expiriences for all shapes and sizes of holders. when it comes to gaming, it should be fun, not over financialized. if were building an accessible web3 gaming ecosystem that is going to scale blockchain to a billion users instead of the small 4% of the population it is its important that we make broader appealing products, with more blockchain abstraction and no mandatory funds at risk for engaging with your held or borrowed assets and making use of their network.

while i think its important to make use of ecosystem assets in the game, in order to drive their value its not overly important to make high levels of speculation the only way to engage.

1 Like

I like your idea on keeping it as simple as possible. We could have an “items menu” where you could see your in-game, profile housed wearables you can equip to your rented/owned gotchi. How about if we make the altars at the end of each floor optional save/buy/exit points? We could use “spirit force” as your gotchi’s hp indicator. Players (at a cost if they so choose) pay in-game tokens to refill at these points. I was thinking about maybe having a profile specific spirit force meter that replenished +1 point every ~45 seconds. This would still make the game free to play given that it would recharge about ~500 spirit force every 12 hours. With each level getting progressively harder, many may opt to buy then to wait. We could also sell a wide range of badges that have “starter pack” functions and others that have various types of in-game weapons that could also be found in the dungeon on the launch page. We could make the store bought weapons and items soul bound but give the option to sell mythical and above rarity items back to the “Dungeon Guild Hall” (on the launch page :man_shrugging:) at certain posted bounty prices in GHST to give the game a “I could make some money” feel to it. We could have the other rarities be redeemable for in-game currency tiered to their rarity and difficulty in obtaining them. We could sell daily, weekly or monthly access badges for players looking to “farm” the dungeons looking for these items to possibly sell them back to the Hall. We could have it so these badge holders are the only ones that have chests appear when they are in the dungeon. IMHO this would have the free to play version as the basis with the paid one running on top of it.

OK, I just figured out how to do “wearables rentals” on minigames.

Instead of picking a gotchi, you have all the gotchis and all the items you have in your wallet or rented to you available to construct the gotchi you want to play the game with.

This makes it so if you need an item for a game, you just rent a gotchi that has it.

The page can be called “GotchiLab” and be a standard bit of UI kit(SDK) that any game can leverage.

GG

1 Like

Hmmm do not know how I would feel about renters being able to actually remove wearables from rented gotchi🤔. I do, however, like the idea of making a wearable rental market where renters could put them on generic placecard gotchi that are part of your “gaming profile”. Or maybe be able to do it off-chain perhaps. We could have a “use your gotchi” button to use a gotchi (owning/renting) that is in your wallet or they could select “profile gotchi” to equip rented/in-game vanity wearables to a generic one. Play style still remains free and you may get non-gotchi holders the “itch” to go buy one for the vanity flex.

You wouldn’t remove anything. You’re merely presented with an inventory of everything under your control.

This is using onchain data to seed the off chain experience.

You can only drive one gotchi at a time anyways and this removes the pain of swapping gear amongst your own, while giving a reason to rent other gotchis.

Pretty much like a generic gotchi that you could dress using the sum total of all the wearables that are currently equipped along with any vanity wearables that are in the profile’s wallet, correct?

No.

I meant exactly what I said. Use any gotchi and any item in your inventory to build the one you want to play in the minigame. There is no need to introduce a generic gotchi to the equation.

Ok but how would you address the need to rent or own a gotchi to play/use vanity wearables in the game?

Made a thread about it, here it is…

2 Likes

So many gems in this post. I see lots of ways here to generate revenue outside simple pay to play. :heart:

Love to see it. We’re on the same wavelength…minimise UX friction and chain interaction

This makes sense and agree. Allow for some meta progression. Can gate keep the full progression via different mechanics.

I’d like to see all the stuff angst is talking about, and things like I suggested, be used in all games or as many as possible. The more we can spread utility across games the better.
The caartridges make a great way to track player achievements across our multiverse. Noit all things will translate from one area to another, but we can make it so that devs can choose what to include from other games.

I second that but these were suppose to be released last July so imo we should be looking at another way to accomplish most of the same functions it would have brought.
Something i was thinking about along those lines is what if we offered a $2 usd “starter pack” nontradeable NFT at 75% off that would include various vanity wearables. We could then sell this NFT on all the future games launch screens. Lol everyone loves a sale but this ones main goal would be to provide a small proof of humanity to allow the renting of gotchi for game play.
I realize that its not a perfect solution but it would help to gate spam wallets trying to rent and would also help track wallets providing gaming data. We could do this without a lot of overhead, being that the player is paying gas fees, and the process could apply to any NFT/badge that we would sell.

1 Like