Proposal: one portal for those who missed out

Yes, I totally agree . And at least with people who supported game from early days, they deserve to be owned 1 portal to play game. I can’t understand the approving process of sign was so long even though I set the buy demand since it opened

1 Like

Nevermind, just dump GHST and leave, guys. Let the game ruin itself.

1 Like

Same things happen to me. I agree with proposal, we are support and waiting for a long time, and get nothing, it`s unfair my frens.

2 Likes

It`s most Liked proposal about deadend of Haunt 1.
Shoud we start a vote?

1 Like

I think they approved a higher gas fee (slippage) and also interacted directly with the contract. This is called “sniping” I believe.

1 Like

While I think the sentiment is good, not everyone who didn’t get one got a failed transaction. I saw in the discord that Coder Dan mentioned it might have been a problem with Biconomy which means they’ve located the problem and can probably solve it for the next launch. I believe that waiting for the Dev’s to figure this out and iron out all the issues and then moving on to creating a Haunt 2 would be the fairest and most beneficial to everyone!

2 Likes

I like this idea, I got gutted and had to pay a premium of 5x for one after

1 Like

I’m conflicted. I didn’t get a portal and I suspect some technical glitches caused that, and if so I’d like to see some kind of makeup opportunity. At the same time I’m very sympathetic to those who were able to obtain portals and summoned Gotchis wanting to avoid dilution of the value of their bought and paid for NFT collectibles.

The conflict in part is because for many participants Aavegotchis are primarily another crypto investment vehicle, like an ICO opportunity, while for many others Aavegotchi is primarily a community and high-stakes gaming ecosystem (it ain’t the $5 blackjack tables). Fairness in the extreme regarding portal distribution, at the expense of marketplace dynamics, will devalue all present and future Gotchi NFTs. What is a reasonable balance for this inaugural Haunt if there were technical issues? I don’t know.

1 Like

good idea, I agree because my transaction failed and didn’t get any portal

1 Like

bad idea. currently, there are some cheap open and close portal in the bazzar

1 Like

100% I agree. All most people want owner one gotchi. My transaction failed and didn’t get any portal.
It is better than if one wallet has 2 portal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lord knows I have missed a lot of drops and sales in the crypto space, but if I REALLY have wanted something I’ve bought it on the secondary market.

In this case there are lots of unopened, opened portals for sale. You can even buy an Aavegotchi for less than 500 GHST last time I checked. I don’t wanna sound like a douche but if ppl REALLY want an Aavegotchi they can purchase today. That’s why there is a market, and it doesn’t cost a fortune.

1 Like

I just want to remind you that 500 GHST means a lot to third-world countries. 500 GHST is almost my whole monthly salary here. :laughing:

No foul intended, of course, but we also want to consider countries that could be priced out if ever.

3 Likes

What about people like me who couldn’t unstake their GHST? It froze?! on me and wouldn’t allow me to unstake. All I wanted was 1 Aavegotchi. 6 months for the launch and got no chance at all to buy. I cant afford the price they are going for in Bazzar so will not be able to afford to play the game otherwise. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes for failed transactions during the launch sounds about right. I also got shut out, but many, myself included, purchased at a significant premium in the bizarre minutes after all portals were sold. Those of us who tried to purchase and had failed transactions, successful approvals bit failed buys, should also be included in any new portals distribution, or a a minimum be refunded the premium we paid just to take part

2 Likes

I see so many comments that say “I just want 1 gotchi so I’m able to play” Then BUY one off the market? If you’re in this for the experience and want to play with your gotchi, then why does it matter what rarity it is?

I MISSED OUT on buying a portal. I think 90% of people missed out. Guess what I did? I went to the bazaar and bought some Opened portals for 450 GHST a pop. The gotchi I got was <500. It didn’t have fantastic stats, but hey, I now have a gotchi whom I love and am looking forward to doing more/playing with it.

I missed out on getting a deal at 100. I missed out on the chance to open a portal and potentially get a super rare gotchi. But that’s life isn’t it? Not everyone could get in, it’s a shame. Adapt!

(p.s I saw some opened portals going for 299 recently. That’s the same price as the APE tax for the whales)

Any proposals for new haunts or even one portal for people who missed out will just ruin the game. There will be people who miss out again. What then? More proposals for more haunts?

Work with what you have. I did.

Edit: One thing I have to say, because I couldn’t buy any portals, it left me with a large sum of GHST which I used to buy WEARABLES. I’m sure most of you did that too? and benefited from it? From what I see, wearables are absolutely unique and no more of its same kind will be minted. This means the value of it should be higher. You’ll always get more hauntings and more gotchis.

3 Likes

I feel for everyone who wanted to take part and didn’t get a portal. It would have been great if people were restricted to like 2 gotchis per transaction.

I wanted to know - did anyone, who’s transactions didn’t go through, increase the gwei? (i have asked this somewhere in discord, but forgot to look back to see if there were any responses).

1 Like

I’ve been missing a lot of opportunities with other NFT projects as well. Missed the pre-sale of GHST, Missed Axie land pre-sale and etc.

But believing in these project makes me buy them anyway in the market place or to other players (of course to a higher price).

This is the beauty of NFTs. I’ve heard there will only be 10k portals for Aavegotchi and this is where It got my attention. Scarcity.

It does not matter for me how rare my gotchi will be. As long as I have even one Gotchi out of 10k and believing that someday I can sell this gotchi more than what I paid for, then I would be happy with that.

1 portal for one wallet for H2. Aagent role must be given priority imo.

4 Likes

I am a person that supported for game from the early day, but I even don’t have one Gotchi to play game. while, in Baazaar, there is being an acquisitions and hype price increasement for people who have lots of money. Is there anywhere for people who don’t have a lot of money but they really want to play game?

1 Like

Yeah right dude like everyone has 900 dollars to spend (I had 135 GHST only)

Timing is crucial in these markets. everyday and there’s more adoption and more value added, the price will keep going up. And we should have had an equal shot at buying at least 1 portal each, anything else is just elitist to me. I think a new haunt will be the right way to go, we all should have had a better chance. I appreciate your opinion though.

Cheers

2 Likes