Proposing Haunt 2 aauction for July

1. July – I also vote to delete the rest of days in June so it is July tomorrow (i.e. Haaunt 2 asap please)
  2. I like the idea of 25k portals.
1 Like

I’m down for July (ASAP plz)

Whatever you guys pick for the portal number is fine with me too

As far as the auctions, it seems like anyone will still be able to bid as high as they would want and hoard portals to eventually keep the market in their favor. I think there should be a timed hold on how many portals you can get per day (hours?) or something, I honestly was looking forward to the 100-200 ghst per portal because I’d like to not have to put $500 on a gotchi with a 450 BRS :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Kinship potential losses if delaying the portal distributions.

Yes, we need auction.
But on the secondary market.
I have another idea for fair distribution.

Classic proportional participation.
We make a floor for the portals = 100 ghst, everyone commits their ghst subscription for portal(or anything in future mb), with as low as 100ghst x times. all r confirmed, until the measurement time(deadline for subscription), where we going to weight portals vs subscribed ghsts, then we will final portal price saying that, the floor price is now = 150 ghst for ex, and everyone who subscribed, checking the final price, to decide, that they want/can to claim it with this price or not.
A little bit lest drammas risk then auction, but still a space for tears.

But, i would like to combine auction mode and classic fsfc, proportionaly, if auction mode for maal is unavoidable. But there’s a questions:

We need a floor to be 0, and set the blitz price on 200 or how can it be? What’s the timeframes it’s going to be too? Or how we going to avoid tears and overpricings?
I don’t know…

You going to have like 20k nfts placed somewhere for each portal id, to make each of us vote on each of them? Not sure that it’ll be comfy.
I want auction on the secondary market, not in maal tho.

<=25k

P.s. portal id distribution will be based on the time of subscription x times, same as it was just with fcfs

1 Like

July sounds good but I am concerned with the value of H1 dropping, especially as I was one of the peeps that had approved txs but no luck on the first release and had to pay bazaar prices 8 x over (somehow ended up going for loads- think I am addicted to gotchis).

Also, I do have reservations with getting burned on the auction… if we agree on 25k or whatever the portal numbers, could we not do a lottery type system similar to wearables and at least it would be 100% balanced?

Just some thoughts…

2 Likes

I did want to add, I think the idea of having AAVE assets is a great idea for the next haunt, I’d honestly like to have a $MATIC or GHST gotchi :handshake:

2 Likes

I agree with the timing of Haaunt 2 for July.

I think a supply of 25K portals for Haaunt 2 would be good as I think that there is enough demand and I am concerned that if there are too few portals for Haaunt 2 whales would dominate the auctions to buy up a significant portion of the H2 supply pushing up prices in the process.

3 Likes
  1. What do you think about a Haunt 2 aauction this July?
    Yes please
  2. What do you think about the proper supply of Portals for Haunt 2? 15k but it would be nice if there was a set limit for how many one can have. My only fear is not being able to purchase one because they sell out.
1 Like

Right now I’m waiting for H2 to buy minigame ready gotchis for cheap which leads me to the question what really makes them different? I once heard that each Haunt portal will have different amounts of gotchis inside, mostly fewer. Do the wearables interact differently with them? Do they interact with the realm parcels differently? The H2 RNG is more predisposed to specific traits just like H1 has far fewer 0 than 99 traits?

1 Like

Thank you everyone so far with the awesome feedback. I see one major point coming up time and again:

H1 needs to maintain as many unique features as possible.

I agree up to the point that we do not compromise long term composability. ALL Aavegotchis should be able to generally offer the same utility.

@NFTbits.eth clearly listed 3 distinguishing features and I’ll comment on each:
1. background
(Yes, definitely happening. All H1 gotchis will soon receive a unique, non-transferable background for their gotchis to equip in the BG Slot. In addition, this week it was confirmed that any H1 gotchi that ranked in any rarity farming leaderboard in Season 1 would also be gaining a non-transferable Proof of Rank baadge in its pocket. This further distinguishes the 6500 or so most active Aavegotchis to date.)

2. significantly smaller issuance than future haunts
I see your point and generally agree. But the majority of feedback I’m reading seems to point toward something between 15-25k for H2. I personally support the idea that Aavegotchis should be everywhere and therefore more affordable. The higher the supply during the auction, the lower the average winning bid price. BUT I think jumping to 50k for H2 may be a bit too dramatic for most. We need to balance collectability with growing demand. Given sentiment expressed here… 20k is looking more and more like a decent option imo.

3. some x factor like higher BRS average or something, or separate pool of rarity farming rewards for “genesis” aka haunt 1 gotchis only

Haunt 1 did have a bell curve “tilt” toward the right side (more 99’s than 0’s) and a correction of this toward the center is expected. That already makes H1 quite different.

I think the conversation about Season 2 Rarity Farming Pool distributions is trending toward some split of funds toward “All Time” leaderboards and “H2 exclusive leaderboards” since they would otherwise be at a huge disadvantage in kinship and XP. That said, I agree their is some room for allocating rewards toward H1 only rewards as well. On principle, an Aavegotchi’s rarity farming shelf life should extend far beyond just its first funded season.

Finally, we should update the user interface to more prominently highlight which Haunt any Aavegotchi comes from. This is metadata ready to share, and just needs more visibility (much like the recent “birth block” update.

6 Likes
  1. Yes!! ASAP please!
    Also curious about how’s the GBM bid-to-earn aauctions works.

2. H2 with 20-25k sounds good to me!

Would be great to understand how this will work @Stomper, but I also understand they might want to keep it under wraps so no one gets prepped for it.

1 Like

Hm. No body like the idea of gathering the GHST to the Portals pool for making fair distribution system? Everyone happy with only just bidding in Maal?
I have 2 options so far to think about:

1)

When the pool is weighted vs portals, we will have the final price, and then user decide, to add more ghts, or to cancel the subscription. So that’s how the fair price will be calculated with the pooled demand.
Then, we “airdrop them” to those that kept the subscription, or were able to hold the raised floor.

In this case almost everyone will get at lest 1 portal(what is many people r craving for).

2)

To original idea about pulling GHST, we can also add a tolerance penalty, for people who want to buy more then 2 portals for ex.?

Like a pricing curve for big buyers.

We confirm the numbers of portals, that we want to buy with the floor as minimum as - 100 then it goes higher, depends on the demand for each player individually?
100-125-150-200-250 etc. for ex. Like a normal natural price discovery?
Higher demand, higher price for buyer.
Tolerance will have stakes, the more you buy, higher the price.
Then after you got portal, go for Aauction luck.

If PixelCraft studio want to run the Auction in maal for drops, why wouldn’t we make it for only for the really rare stuff from PixelCraft side, like 1\1 items for ex? Or Portal numbers that are rare will be on auction.
Other stuff could go with the Pool or Individual curve.

In this case we will have Rare PixelCraft choices in Maal Aauction + IMO more fair pre-order method for the drops + Secondary market

p.s.
If we can easy implement auction on secondary market, why we need to make it everywhere, especially with the distribution method?

U can bid up on auction endlessly, and just push the price to the sky + it’s seems unreal to me to place 25k portals, all with bids, if i would be a big hand in ghst, i would just take over every number i like + could easily push the prices up since i don’t even need to spend any ghst to push the price, but gas (gotchi gas wars incoming, oh my pls save me from it, pls…) + gonna even get rewarded in the end.
So, only if bids not going to be for free, then we might to see less speculations and drama.
I just don’t want another bags fingths, gas wars and lottery dramas around the system of distribution for it’s game core thing, Aavegotchi\Portal.

• Original PixelCraft Aauction in Maal drops method
  • Combination of Rare PixelCraft choices in Maal Aauction drops + One of the pre-order method for the drops (opened for discussion) + Aauction on Secondary market

0 voters

2 Likes

Thanks, @kain
I see. Just the word “aauction” sound require a deep pocket and scare me a little. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hm this seems to be a pitch for an entirely different approach and so derails a bit from the original two questions posted in this thread (should we do the auction in July and what should supply be).

But I should address some misunderstandings.

1. No one can place bids on every auction because each bid has to be fully-funded which means that amount is locked and cannot be used for other bids until it is unlocked by being outbid or canceled.

2. The auction is slated to be the primary, but not only, method of H2 distribution. The classic Aavegotchi raffle system will have a role to play.

Here is a useful link to Cryptograph’s FAQ. They are the original project to implement a GBM bid-to-earn style auction: https://cryptograph.co/faq

1 Like
  1. What do you think about a Haunt 2 aauction this July?
    Yes, July is ideal for Haunt 2 as it is near and there are many waiting for a long time already. And it should have a pricing mechanism that is clear and attractive for new players as mass adoption is the goal. I’m not sure if GBM bid-to earn aauctions is the answer

2. What do you think about the proper supply of Portals for Haunt 2?
    15-20K Portals per haunt. If demand remains high (which I am sure it will be) the subsequent haunts can be launched earlier.

3 Likes

Thank you for clarifying the betting things, gives us more understandings about mech.
I like it, really, but why do we need it for Portal\Gotchi distribution? I feel like the floor will be pretty pumped.

Yes, it’s kinda off-top, because the question here was given as a fact of having Aauction coming, and yes, i vote for it, but i don’t want to see it take over the whole distribution. But you just simply did’t give us a space to discuss about it, what is it, how it will work, and do we like it and do we want it in That way or another.

Yes, i like the Aauction idea, but i want it for the secondary market, and if it’s for must with the Aauction Maal drops methods, then PixelCraft can take over the portal numbers or sth they think worth of Aauction.
Not all of the stuff.

Or why it’s no good, but auction all the stuff on the Maals drop is good?
IMO ofc.

You can flag my post if you want to mark it as off-top.
Then we need another thread for Aauction model discussion and another topic for Distribution model discussion and should be posted here as forwards to the threads that are about the system that we are talking about here.
p.s. GMB implementation looks like one way direction decision.

There is a lot of talk about a portal auction resulting in high prices for portals, and thus whales stomping all over the planktons. But shouldn’t the DAO be able to get the actual value of the portals to the community? Much of those funds come back to the community in rarity farming rewards, and I think that with more portals & more gotchis out there, being able to extend meaningful rewards to more than 5000 places in the leaderboard is important. That will help with the ‘Haaunt 1 leaves other Haaunts behind’ issue for XP & kinship. And will help Haaunt 1 continue to earn in BRS even though there are 3x as many gotchis out there.

Realistically, portals are going for a 1000 GHST floor right now, and I would expect an aauction for Haunt 2 to end up in the 500 -1000 GHST range.

Selling for less would result in unfulfilled demand anyway, and players getting frozen out because their internet connection/fingers/tentacles were too slow.

2 Likes

Love seeing tons of activity here gotchi gang!!!

i for one think that more haunts = more users = more skin in the game = more adoptive growth.

-gotta end the fud of gotchi dillution. gotchi ecosystem growth will drive demand for gotchis which will maintain value.
-the main way to get more users and more growth is to allow more portals at affordable prices.
-more people with skin in the game will mean more builders for fun games. more users for fun games.

lets make more portals and lets not have them retail for hundreds of dollars… this is not the defi for all mindset i want to see from an adoptive level social banking ecosystem.

4 Likes

500 GHST is not realistic I think. If they mint 25k portals, it would need 12.5 million GHST to buy them all at 500 GHST a pop.

4 Likes

strong textWhy not now