I’ve made multiple posts about entry level but i think it’s best to merge all entry level related things in here
Why is this important?
I believe getting new players in is the most important thing in any game.
There will always be people quitting but if the ratio of quitters outgrows the people coming in
you’ve got a big problem.
The problem for new players:
Mainstream can not afford the prices of commons and even the worst ghosts on the market are above their budget.
Most people can probably only afford to lose 100-200$ on this
Getting more new players
I believe the first step is getting a succesful season1
once it’s proven to work even people with more money will get in.
The second step is maybe a small ad campaign to get as many people for haunt 2 as possible.
Current ideas for the less wealthy:
- An item tier lower than common called trash tier that gives +1 or -1 stat without giving +1BRS extra like a common would making them basically 0.5 times as good as a common and thus cheap.
- portal drop with only commons (this will piss off the low brs memers)
or a completely new type of ghost $ghst ghost that produces frens with it’s spirit force.
The stats again would be on debate since they can not be high but not super low either.
- Use a small part of the treasury to buy up the cheapest commons/trash tier on the bazaar
and give them out as rewards for petting your gotchi 10 days in a row or something??
Or maybe reward them in minigames that are not worth doing for someone with a better gotchi?
If you have anything to add to this feel free to say something!
- Trash item tier
- Common portaldrop (with further debate)
- Small part of treasury to buy trash/commons to give away
- Small ad campaign a few weeks before haunt2