Proposal: Add a shiny/unique background for Haunt 1 Aavegotchis

With so many people asking for a Haunt 2, we would potentially see 25k extra portals(according to medium article of unique addresses during launch) added if we let each person buy just 1 portal and this will be catastrophic to the current market of Haunt 1 Aavegotchis. People who bought from baazaar at multiples of the launch price will suffer from huge loses too if this were to happen. Therefore I suggest to add something unique like a shiny background for Haunt 1 in order to maintain the “limited” component of the initial launch. This will make everyone happy because Haunt 1 buyers will not suffer loses or devaluation of their purchase while more people get to enjoy the game and mass adoption can come true in the future.

Vote: Snapshot

62 Likes

I agree for everyone who got a haunt 1 aavegotchi should have some cosmetic view

15 Likes

yep any cosmetic difference would suffice like a badge/shiny stars background something like that without having rarity advantage over others.

3 Likes

Agree. Add a animated bg for GEN1. Making it look like any other GEN is going to kill 50% the important of Aave’e besides the game.

Keep the important/significance of GEN1 = WIN.
Make GEN1 like any other GEN = Dead.

8 Likes

Maybe thematic bg in all Gens… The haunt of howling… the haunt of gooseberries…

1 Like

Great Idea! I think we all want more players in the game but we dont want GEN 1 to feel like they overpaid in a market where they helped set prices. Shiny unique background and an animated gen 0 on the background would be great additions.

5 Likes

I love this proposal! I agree with the dev sentiment of not making any game mechanic differences between 1st and later Haunts so that everyone can enjoy the game, but the cosmetic difference to keep the 1st Haunt rare is a great idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with this. Need to protect the originals!! this is historic shit

1 Like

Word! Haunt one was very hard to get. Many did not get it and the feeling of winning was great. Making the Haunt 1 Gotchies different is vital.
A rarity in any VERY noticeable way is a must!

3 Likes

agree, would be nice !

1 Like

There should definitely be some type of sweetener or addition to make a distinction for Haunt 1 gotchi’s. Kind of like rookie cards in nba, or genesis versions from other platforms are marked as ‘Genesis’ very clearly and deliberately

1 Like

I really like this idea. My ten cents worth would be to give all Haunt one Avagotchis gold shoes, or maybe hover boots or something.

2 Likes

I agree this is an excellent idea. Shiny background or gold shoes will make Haunt 1 gotchis that much more special and rare. This is a must

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! Especially if the additional Haunts being discussed are deployed in the near term, this is a good compromise to maintain value of Haunt 1.

2 Likes

regardless of cosmetic differences their should definitely be some financial superiority to the original haunt gochis whethers its future airdropped wearables with each wearable release. protocol ghost incentives or rarity boost/early lvl up

1 Like

Absolutely agree with this! Instead of having just “Haunt 1” typed beside them, I would want something unique in the background. The kind of thing that can be distinguished at first glance.

3 Likes

agree that there needs to be a differentiating factor, - what killed crypto kitties for me and many others was the endless supply of new kitties while the demand slowed down…

1 Like

I think a major consideration in what the “SHINY!” of the first haunt gotchis should actually be is a whatever work can be reasonably done to protect those users who bought from the bazaar at far higher prices than launch (for the record I’m not one of them). 1K, 2K, 3K GHST has been spent by users, and even if these users have more money to spend (those rich bastards) they could still be just as deserving, passionate and committed members of the community. Assume one of them is, then decide how do you protect whatever value you can in their acquisition. Obviously whatever cosmetic/addition/alteration made might not even come close to the excess paid for the user but its the project doing what is best for the project and its users.

I see no reason that there shouldn’t be as much value added/protected with haunt 1 gotchis as possible.

The priority should quite rightly be the project, its growth, its inclusion, its culture. It should ALSO quite rightly work with all effort toward not alienating those unfortunate community members who have been here forever, engaged, worked and missed out because of no fault of their own. A bad hand for those users that have been here forever might have left them with no genesis haunt gotchi, but they should end up being left in a good place where ever it is.

And now that we agree on the quite rightly THE GENESIS HAUNT SHOULD BE MADE AS SPECIAL AS FUCKING POSSIBLE

3 Likes

While I do think that having the “Haunt 1” tag is value already - a holographic background, or some sort of more visual indication, would be ideal. It will also help in the game’s discovery going forward as people will discuss genesis and want to show off “Haunt 1” collectibles.

1 Like

I like this idea very much. I think also naming the haunt is a good idea!

2 Likes