Proposal: Add a shiny/unique background for Haunt 1 Aavegotchis

“Haunt 1” is a perfect name. If you create random names for each Haunt they could get confusing IMO.

2 Likes

AGREE 100%! Is not the same to have one of the 1st 10k that all the rest of the aavegotchi that will be created… I know people who bought from store +500 GHST just to participate in this 1st edition… now if there is a new haunt so fast buying those who bought from stores are rekt … unless there is a recognition to clearly identify the first 10k.

1 Like

Agreed, some people paid over 500-1000 GHST to buy the portals from the baazaar

Worst idea.

Only benefit to the people who can bought 1 haunt.

Interesting idea, maybe even just a badge or something if not an shiny background, any type of distinguishing cosmetic would be a nice improvement.

Anyone can buy haunt 1 and a lot of people did buy it from baazaar.

New haunts could be named “Haunt X (Nickname)”. I agree with you that Haunt 1 would not need a nickname. But for the next haunts it could be fun. Like if people who’s transactions didn’t go though would actually get a second chance because they are so restless about this issue: “Haunt 2 (Restless Souls)”

So Haunt 1 would be called (The Lucky Bastards) :joy:

2 Likes

I support this idea. I know the devs were against much distinction as to prevent Haunt 1 from being dominantly overvalued, but hey c’mon, let’s all call it what it: people want the genesis of everything. Rookie cards are worth so much more for a reason.

I like the Haunt 1 holographic background idea. It could be very subtle and flash lightly every 5 seconds or so, like a bunch of Haunt 1’s running diagonally across the BG that flash prismatically every 5 sec.

Rookie cards, pokemon 1st editions and axie infinity origins/mystics are all good examples of genesis having something special without being “broken". More collectability attracts more collectors and higher transactions which fund the treasury even more. High volume and high sale price is also great for media soundbite which drives more attention to the game.

2 Likes

Love this idea! Makes it so that Haunt 1 has no competitive advantage but still rewards us for being here early!

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more Timmy :+1:

1 Like

I really like that idea it’s a unique way too make sure Haunt1 Gotchis retain value. And give there owners some incentive for getting aboard the ship early.

Also remember yes anyone can buy haunt one however if I’m understanding correctly the next haunt they plan on putting out twice as many portals. So the first haunt Gotchi will always be rare. It’s still an amazing idea and I hope. Someone will consider it worthy.

If you go to the /equip page, you’ll see there’s a (currently unused) slot for backgrounds. We do not plan to add BRS bonuses to backgrounds. They’re just for display.

What do you guys think about airdropping all 10,000 Haunt 1 Aavegotchis (including Portals, if possible) a special non-transferable background that can be equipped by the Aavegotchi? It could also be unequipped, but it couldn’t be traded.

We have also yet to make use of the Gotchi “Pocket”, a place where non-transferable ERC1155 badges can live. Perhaps we could also include a “Genesis” badge that would also stay with the Aavegotchi forever.

8 Likes

Sounds like a good idea! I like it

This is a great idea. This would give a slight uniqueness without making the base gotchi unique.

I think the badge idea is great. That could be used to create whatever in-metaverse effect to visually signal a genesis haunt gotchi right? Like an elitist glow. Or some such.

“Those genesis bastards”

1 Like

You are the epitome of salty in this forum and that response perfectly displays it.

There’s nothing wrong with being left frustratingly wanting more when you’ve been unlucky. There is something wrong with wanting those who got lucky to have less because you weren’t one of them.

2 Likes

Agree. I think it’s a great idea !