Proposal for a New Haunt Immediately

Could be done but this will dilue the original batch . I’ think they could make a lottery and help unluncky ppl who are holding a big amount of frens but no portal.

Yes, why you need more portals to atract more players if there is nothing to play ? Just buying and selling items. No minigames, no real reason to spend time at aavegotchi except trying to flip item for a profit.

1 Like

ok, so how do we get this to a vote and make it happen?

Good proposal! im in!
But, if i have staked out my ghst for 10 min before, and staked in after all portals fall…
???
i wanna portals like others, and ready for this like months!

im talking about this becauce dao dont see my staked ghst.
Help me to understand exacly.

I don’t see that anyone here is asking for a handout. Just a chance to get in at ground level.

Maybe there’s a smart way the extra money raised through this special haunt could be used - eg it goes into funding a new gifting functionality or something special for the game?

Virtuous circle - everybody wins.

So same here, I got nothing. And I actually bought an unopend portal on marketplace for 1500 ghst… It sucs bc unopened ones are selling at like 600 and I have no more ghst.

dispte all that, I dont think another haunt is smart… technical problem or not, we voted as a community to allow for alot of purchaces per transactions (as opposed to say 1 per transaction)… The devs didnt even get any…

I say lets see what happens in the market place someone already 15x’d off of my unfortunate ass, but thats the free market for ya… If they jumped to 5K ghst per portal, I wouldnt be sulking

that’s right you can cast your vote here

https://snapshot.page/#/aavegotchi.eth/proposal/QmcPFKctDQtcSoiSZKHmsZtMLYDbKBGdPszNzADRqH5j7Z

I am new to this project after hearing about it and being introduced to the discord group months ago. Having zero experience in anything to do with any form of NFT let alone crypto currency at all, I was reminded of the launch the day prior. My questions about what and how I would get involved with the launch led me to get to the stage of finally adding 100 GHST ready to hopefully purchase a portal.

100 GHST may not seem like a lot to most people here, but as a initial barrier level of entry this was a lot, for me, to put down for the chance to participate in a project for something I didn’t and still don’t fully understand even now after reading through as much documentation as I can find.

I was working at the time of launch, but set aside some time so I could have the site loaded on my PC ready to purchase. It went live, I went to purchase 1 portal, and after some time I was successful in obtaining it.

Now all I see after joining here and looking through the discord is people complaining. Have I, someone with zero investment outside of my purchase, stolen a portal from someone more deserving who has spent time, effort and wealth backing this project for months? Do I have a portal that one of the devs tried to purchase but were unable to, all because I was lucky?

I can understand the frustration that anyone has for not getting one, but even with my low level experience I was fully prepared to not get one and deal with having tokens that I would seem as now pointless. Did anyone try to get a PS5 or series X and run into the same trouble? It’s called life, sometimes you get lucky and other times not. There are far greater things in this world to be complaining about then not getting a portal.

If anyone wants one that badly, that’s why the baazaar is there. Do I agree with people selling them for higher prices? Of course, because you don’t have to buy them. You don’t have to pay more than what it’s worth to you. If someone else wants to buy for some of these high prices, good for them. Is there anything really to do with gotchis outside of dressing up at the moment - no. There’s no games to play, the metaverse isn’t ready, so outside of just owning one there’s little to do. I’m undecided as to whether to sell my unopened portal or wait until there’s games to play and see what I’ve got.

The sense of entitlement here is insane. It sucks that transactions failed, I wholeheartedly agree that was a massive issue. But wanting some form of compensation or redo, which regardless of whether you think it is or not it is, because you weren’t lucky enough to get one because of the hype surrounding just sounds like whining. You basically wanted it to be exclusive enough that it’s special for you, but not for anyone else to get involved. Would you complain if you played the lottery for years and never won, only for someone to play once and win the jackpot?

So thanks for making me feel guilty for taking part in this project because some of you weren’t able to get a digital pet that you could live without.

4 Likes

Not sure we can just sum everything up as just luck. For me, I think now is an opportunity to reflect and look to improve prior to the next release or potentially reward the people that tried to attain but failed. This might be hindsight but perhaps it should just have been one per tx and this might also have stopped the bazaar being flooded with people trying to turn a profit versus wanting to actually play the game - the game that some of us have waited months to play and spent countless cash on through votes, txs etc (especially on eth network) for… nothing

If it’s not luck then what did I do that was so special in getting one?

Me, the devs, everyone, we all had the same opportunity to get in on this. Believing that limiting tickets would stop whales and resellers from trying to make a profit is a dream at best. The unfortunate scenario is that any market, any opportunity from NFT’s to Pokémon cards to even toilet roll, there will always be people who look to turn a profit. That is inevitable, they will always find a way, and you would all still complain even after voting on it.

There was always going to be people who missed out and be disappointed, especially those who have devoted so much towards this. For that I can only sympathize so much before it just sounds like moaning. I’m sure there are plenty of people here who have backed other projects and been let down to, so anyone going into this or any project and not be prepared to potentially walk away empty handed is kidding themselves.

2 Likes

My one opinion before Haunt 2.
How about listing BAAZAAR’s portals-open and closed selling prices from 100 to 200 GHST and getting a potion if someone buys it?
To create liquidity in the Haunt 1 portal, which is currently stagnant due to high price.

Increasing the supply is too jump to conclusions too quickly .

To be honest, I am not sure… been in crypto for some time now, first time I have ever had a failed transaction on matic never mind 3… perhaps it is luck that yours went through but without knowing if you touched gas or went through a different process i.e. pre-approved in shop prior to buying, my feedback would be summed as unknown technical issues or no awareness on how to procure. Regardless, I get where you are coming from but I believe there was an opportunity to equally reward the community and still generate the hype I.e. 1 per… ultimately, you shouldn’t feel bad you got one and I believe the comments you are seeing with regards to ‘complaining’ I think is just the passion for the project which is a good thing. Moreover, I don’t see an issue with rewarding the members that attempted to buy as it ain’t our fault it never went through and I think there should be recognition of that

I honestly couldn’t tell you what the process I did was outside of pressing buttons and waiting. I don’t know what touching gas is or what the pre-approved process is. I simply managed to link my metamask to the site, it showed 100 at the top, I entered one, signed for it when it popped up, then hit buy when it loaded and sign again.

I don’t mean to come across so blunt, and to see that people aren’t leaving due to being unable to obtain even a single portal shows that this is a strong community that indeed has a lot of passion behind it, far more than the people looking to turn a profit thankfully.

I am just of the opinion that being rewarded for missing out sets a loop of this happening each time a new haunt goes live. There will always be someone who feels slighted each time, and even if the community vote towards different measures each time to try and counteract those issues, it’ll never be 100% successful.

2 Likes

Haunt 2 with locked-for-sale (1-2 week) gotchis?

Yeah… no… I got portals and I’m not a whale by no means… You were just too slow to buy. Unfortunately, they have sold off in like 1-2 minutes and the people who were not constantly refreshing the page did not see when the portals were available for purchase.

This happens with all ICO’s and IDO’s out there and you just miss out, happened to me multiple times, this one was the only one I managed to get into on launch tbh.

3 Likes

I see the portal at 10000 and going to buy as lightning. But approval so long. Lagging so mutch. And Buy trx whith faster fee is broke up. I`m not alone with that.

I was also waiting for a longer while until I got mine, even though transaction did say it was done and approved. It is still due to when you have sent your transaction as multiple transactions from all of the people trying to buy were going in, they got in the “waiting lobby” and resolved in the order they were sent over.

I agree and hope so. Everyone should have a change

I think the community needs to decide how accessible this game should be. If you want to please everyone, such that everyone can get it then so be it, however that makes portals worthless and to some extent the aavigotchi’s also worthless. It would be more down to game play and improving rarity.

If you have been part of any drop, its always the same. Everyone excited followed by very angry people, its just natural emotion. We don’t just make huge changes due to emotion of crowd majority.

People are much more accepting on raffle and random allocation. I think its because we are used to this sort of ‘lottery’ whereas when you try do a drop where it is first come first server - the playing field is different, some people know how to do things technically alot better than others. Therefore take it out of their hands and level the playing field, that way you cannot complain, it was random and it was fair.

3 Likes

No sense if it will be like a first one.
It should be limitation to max 1 portal for account. Then everyone who want to play will do playing.

2 Likes