Proposal for a New Haunt Immediately

I see where you are coming from. However, scarcity/rarity comes from participating in rarity farming, not from hoarding first-gen items a la CryptoPunks.

Disclosure: I bought a Portal from the secondary market. That said, I still want a new haunt to push through. I believe the team is not aiming to be another CryptoPunk, but rather to be an NFT project that many people use (with some unholy pink-rarity Gotchis in the mix).

1 Like

If we do want to keep scarcity/supply in check, it might be a good idea to make a previous snapshot of who had sufficient GHST before the launch and who had Gotchis. That way, we can visualize how many Portals do we have to approve in the near future.

One of the founders didnā€™t even get one. Check yourself.

2 Likes

That said, we cannot deny that many people were not lucky to get a Portal. And I believe that mass adoption trumps scarcity memeing.

100 GHST is already expensive for people in my country. 300 GHST for a Portal is too much in my opinion (even if I can afford it).

I wonā€™t mind if people in the next haunt will have a chance to get a Portal for just 100 GHST. Besides, you only have a 2% chance to get a pink-rarity Gotchi out of the box. And around 1 in a 100,000 to get a light-green Gotchi out of the box. Thatā€™s where the true scarcity value really is.

2 Likes

No second haunt.

Theres like decent prices on the market still. I saw an open portal going for 300 GHST but of course we want the chance at the best stats, so no ones buying it. People are gonna get more portals and still not be happy. I think the whole process was part of the luck of the draw. And you know thereā€™s probably a bunch of people who scrambled to get the necessary tokens moments before the drop. People who actually spent GHST and got nothing are the only people who deserve portals in my opinion.

I am a fortunate one and of course my view is that I donā€™t want to see more gotchis come into the game yet.

Letting people buy 25 portals wasnā€™t ideal either.

1 Like

You do realize that there will be more haunts right? Even if this proposal doesnā€™t happen, there will be more gotchiā€™s regardless. Your statement also conflicts with itself. You say prices are reasonable but no one is buying the ones that arenā€™t valuable. The prices are crazy. We are in price discovery time here.

If resources were spent, either its ETH, MATIC or GHST, and the transaction went through, we should be able to get at least one portal. Not more than one. I think that is reasonable.

The rarity, the rarity, I read full of them that have only this word in the mouth. Go buy bitcoin if you want rarity ! (And yet, an indivisible bitcoin with a supply of 10,000, who would want it?)
The goal of Aavegotchi is that it is a playful game, accessible to the greatest number. I think there should even be an unlimited amount of portals all the time !
The rarity, you should create it by multiplying the purchases of portals until selecting a very rare aavegotchi. Then by your amount of atokens in collateral, by rare accessories, by the care brought to your aavegotchi.
But a game without players is absurd. To believe that there is a will to kill the game before it is born so that the rare aavegotchis created today become collection NFTs !

1 Like

Iā€™ll be blunt, this launch is a failure.
If the goal is that aavegotchi are very expensive because they are rare.
Itā€™s time to ask the right questions!
Do you really think itā€™s Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos who will pet and feed their aavegotchis ?
Were the tamagochis worth thousands of dollars? No
Was the number of tamagotchis sold limited to 10,000? No
Were the tamagotchis a success? yes
We will have to understand and identify which audience should be targeted by the Aavegotchi project.
If the greatest difficulty of the game remains in getting an aavegotchi, do not count on me to play it.
And unfortunately, I fear that in less than two years, Aavegotchi will be nothing but the old memory of a failure.

1 Like

Wow. Why donā€™t you keep lashing out like a child. Iā€™m sure that will help. As a consumer, you are the failure. Itā€™s not even 24 hours past the event and you whine like an unfed baby. Even one of the founders did not get one, another wasnā€™t even sure if he got one so that might be 2 founders without Aavegotchiā€™s. Take into consideration how quickly the Devs are bending backwards to make sure the community is happy, and you are just a fear mongering hypocrite. Shame on you. You said you gave up on the game over an hour ago and yet here you still are acting a fool. Itā€™s obvious you are just complaining. A new haunt will launch soon enough.

1 Like

Itā€™s up to you to grow up, Iā€™m not whining. Iā€™m raising a real problem.
I think thatā€™s a good point. Itā€™s to improve and move the project in the right direction.
But a response of such mediocrity makes me think that Iā€™m talking to an 8-year-old.
Why do I keep wanting to believe in this project? This is maybe the real question I should ask myselfā€¦

Well said. I think itā€™s safe to assume that most people on here are treating aavegotchi as such, a rare collectible.

What we decide with this proposal will ultimately dictate what aavegotchi becomes moving forward. Will aavegotchis be a rare collectible that only a few have (and consequently only a few can play) or do we create more haunts to make it less like a collectible and more like an actual game.

Personally, I think it was a fair launch.
Everybody started on a level playing field.
And in a space of one minute, anything can happen.
There will be winners and losers.
If I didnā€™t get a portal, Iā€™d still feel the launch was fair.

Yes. We definitely can improve the technical hiccups.
Everything is easier to criticize in hindsight.
But we all had access to same information going in.
Even co-founder @Jesse_gldnXross didnā€™t get a portal.

I agree with @srod. Even if there was a second haunt, people are still not going to be happy. Because there will be winners and losers.

My Proposal - introduce a second haunt. Vote on

• How many portals this haunt? 10,000 / 50,000 / 100,000
  • Who can participate? Everyone / Exclude the winners of Haunt 1
  • Number of portals per tx
  • Cost per portal

Just my two gwei:

• Do not dilute the rarity and scarcity of the first editions (Haunt 1). If you mix Haunt 2 numbers with Haunt 1, thatā€™s breaking a promise. If you really want a first edition, you can get an open portal for as low as 350 GHST right now in the Baazaar (still accessible).
  • Be mindful. Too many portals from Haunt 2 might create a flood of supply. This assumption is worth testing but getting the balance wrong would also kill the game.
3 Likes

300 GHST for a haunt 1 edition portalā€¦ arguably undervalued

no i didnā€™t conflict myself what iā€™m saying is thereā€™s a lot of greed

Also yeah i know thereā€™s more than 1 haunt

1 Like

I think itā€™s kinda fine to keep Haunt 1 rare as is.

But in my opinion, Aavegotchi should do a games-first approach. We should not be scared of creating bigger haunts as that can help us reach to a bigger audience.

I also propose a lower Portal price to make things more accessible for a lot of players. What we need now is growth, and a lower Portal price can make that happen.

Axie Infinity does not have a cap with the Axie supply, but itā€™s nonetheless a successful game due to wide adoption. AAAAAAND they also have rare NFTs as well (in the form of Mystics and land).

Based on my rough simulations, it will take 100,000,000 Gotchis generated/summoned to make 10,000 581+ rarities. We can derive the rarity value through those 581s.

Of course, feel free to rebut or give counter arguments. We need all perspectives.

4 Likes

Great discussion. I didnā€™t like the launch because it had some setbacks. People that bought from the mall before portals were opened had a head start. For me, I was there and tried to buy immediately, but both approval and buy transaction took a long time. Portals were all gone before I had the chance.

I agree that a new haunt should be launched soon, to let other people play the game. I think that the number of portals from a single transaction should be further limited. Not nice that while some people were not able to buy anything, some people could buy 25 only to put most of them up for sale in the Bazaar.

But I do feel that those that were lucky enough to have a haunt 1 portal or Aavegotchi should be treated fairly and keep it a ā€œrareā€ edition so they are valued accordingly.

Regarding prices I feel that the current price of portals was fair. Wearables were expensive though (some even more than portals depending on rarity). I hope another raffle will come soon so people can earn more items for my Aavegotchi (hopefully).

Now, I would keep haunt 2 with same number of portals, same price, but limit 5 portals in a single transaction, so more people can participate. I think everyone should be able to participate.

I also agree that Aavegotchis are collectibles but special ones that need to be pet, fed, etc and this should definitely have a big role on how valuable certain Aavegotchi is (together with rarity).

3 Likes

More portals will ruin the rarity of aavegotchis. Just 1 portal per person, and 5 random aavegotchis to select.

1 Like

Literally waiting for the announcement of the next Portal summoning. The initial launch number estimate was an old one that should have been revisited along with the Matic migration. We move on.

I was in the discord with a lot of people, some seemed to be pretty involved in the game. Some of those people who seemed to be devs didnā€™t get aavegotchiā€™s so as far as a fair launch goes it was quite fair, I never adjusted any gas price and managed to get 2 portals.
The frustration is legitimate though, I think a 2nd haunt very soon with a cap of a couple portals per wallet would be the best option. The game will inevitably get larger and haunt 1 portals will remain unique but this space isnā€™t about excluding others and considering how vast the interest in this project is it only makes sense to actively make it so others can participate without paying a 500 dollar minimum. Of course there is going to be an economy for the game, and right now considering it is the first day things are inevitably going to be skewed in an extreme way on top of the NFT craze that is happening. I think getting more people in may slightly lower prices of portals but with the amount of people trying to get portals right now I dont think there will be any problem demand wise.
GIVE THE PEOPLE A 2ND HAUNT

6 Likes

Hi Frens!

Take a look at upgraded proposal about people who do not get in Haunt.

I think whatā€™s important right now is to improve the gaming experience which is pretty poor for now. Thatā€™s priority 1.

Make it really fun, let people who have Aavegotchi play and share their experience, relaunch the hype for a few weeks then do a second Haunt.

I agree though that people who had everything ready on Haunt 1 and were not able to get any should be able to buy 1 portal each just as compensation and to live the experience from the beginning (it should not be too much new portals I guess).

By the time, the baazaar will do its job of creating the ā€œmoney hypeā€ of selling rare Aavegotchi for a lot.

3 Likes