Re-spec your spirit points?

Dear frens, now that many of us have spent spirit points from XP or aging, many of us are wondering, could I ever undo this?

@coderdan floated the idea of 100GHST for respec.

I personally think that might be a good driver of revenues for rewards pool and DAO and of course game development, but I feel we could go with much more inspired uses of this mechanic.

In DAOC, a precursor to WoW, people had to kill dragons in 50+ person raids to have a chance, perhaps 30%, of acquiring a single respec stone. This of course, made respec stones extremely valuable and key drivers of the game economy.
I think respec stones could be a key driver of play-2-earn activity (aarcade, rentals, etc).

Basically, people could play for the rare chance of earning a very rare and valuable respec stone/potion that they can resell in the bazaar or consume for themselves.

I wanted to open this thread for ideas and proposals, and also a poll, to gauge the community’s feelings about re-specializations, or if they should even be allowed?

• Allow unlimited respecs for 100GHST
  • Allow expensive and rare respecs via p2e NFTs
  • Do not allow respecs ever
  • Maybe something else

0 voters

3 Likes

Thanks for starting this discussion! I love the idea of creating hard-to-obtain respec stones, it means you still need to put lots of thought into how you use your points and creates a cool new micro economy. Brilliant idea.

3 Likes

What about Sacrificing Gotchi to obtain respec stone in addition to the XP transfer already in place?

3 Likes

Definitely think we need some sort of mechanic for re-specs. Not sure how I feel about them being super rare/expensive as it seems most of the people that would need them are newbies that simply didn’t understand what they were doing and actually decreased their gotchi’s BRS…

(I know multiple people that did this before asking me about it and found out the hard way :sweat_smile:)

But earning something for re-specs through P2E sounds fantastic and I’d love to hear more opinions on this. Thanks for sharing this idea, fren!

2 Likes

Thats fair! In the old game I referenced, every character had 1 free respec before they needed to start using stones to respec. Something like this could be considered- to make it a lot more newbie friendly. The downside to free respecs being that you lose some of the potential economic benefit for the ecosystem (p2e specifically).
Or maybe the stones don’t need to be ultra-rare/expensive, but minted in the aarcade with a more generous frequency. Basically we could aim for 50-100ghst respec stones that people earn and either consume or sell.

4 Likes

Really neat thread idea.

I think the respec stones is a pretty cool idea. Wow, dropping DAOC takes me back!

I remember in wow, the cost to respec increased with each subsequent time. An option could be to allow for the first to be free (or cheap, like 10 GHST) and then scale to more expensive, up to something like 150 GHST.

1 Like