Re-spec your spirit points?

Right now, I’d say a million. Might want to let it settle out?

3 Likes

I agree, there is no rush, we can get a vote after PC announces a date when points will be implemented in the gotchiverse.

Edit:
prob a better amount would be 1,000,000 GLTR which would be around 23 GHST right now

2 Likes

Why not a flat glitter fee, and an alch burn? It could be A million glitter, and 150 FUD standard alchemica, but changed as needed, based on whichever token is hurting due to current needs of the recipe book? Like, right now, I would charge people in KEK, as almost none is being used by the current altar centric build patterns.

If you want to get even spicier… we could charge people in LPs :slight_smile: 20 kek or alpha LPs, or 1 million Glitter, your choice :smiley:

I like this idea in principle. I know of some gotchis that have had pts misallocated as well :crying_cat_face:
I think it’s impossible to set costs before we know the real impact of a pt in actual game play

• and needs to be thought about in context with the ability we’ll have to assign 3 pts per XP level in game as well - this may lessen the effect (and hence demand) for pts resets b/c many gotchis will be adding/subtracting at least 10pts through this mechanism (except for RF/outside the gotchiverse).

Not a huge fan of changing the type of alchemica like a central banker after it’s been set - this just opens things up for abuse by larger interested parties with the VP to bend the game to favour their positions. Big things like the vault could word up their communities beforehand saying they’re going to be voting a particular way and distort the markets beforehand for eg.

1 Like

You could just write it into the contract, that if the price of the crafting token is a standard deviation above FUD standard, then the crafting material shifts to the token that is fairing worse VS the model.

There is no need for human intervention, this is a trustless mechanism.

I think re-spec would be a great sink!

My 2 cents on this:

1. Re-spec should not be free nor be given as a first-time freebe. “Maximize future freedom of action” is one of the core principles, not just in gaming. In accordance with that there are Gotchis that - at the cost of decreased BRS rarity farming rewards - have yet to allocate their points in anticipation of more information how exactly traits will determine Gotchiverse stats. Giving every Gotchi a freebe would reward short-term-gains-thinking over long term thinking. As @coderdan has mentioned before, we want people with long-term thinking.

2. Traits are different from Gotchiverse stats. They are a protocol thing. Hence, in my opinion, the respec price should either be denominated in GHST, or at least always be equivalent to an exact GHST value. Because GotchiGang knows that 1 GHST = 1 GHST.

3. Respec should be rather expensive. Personally, I would suggest 100 GHST. This would reward long-term thinking and also make for a great sink. It is also another argument against freebes, as even a single freebe for each Gotchi would be the equivalent of walking away from a > 1M GHST sink. It would also take care of the “not during RF” issue, since respecing to the most rewarding trait every 2 weeks during RF would not be lucrative at that price.

As @Moon has recently pointed out in a tweet thread, good sinks are very important for play-to-earn ecosystems to combat ponziness. He focused on aesthetic changes and in-game mechanics. I’d also like to add that the best sinks offer limited to no re-sell-ability. In that sense, respec would be one of the greatest sinks we have, as it is consumed upon use / purchase, and hence can’t be resold. A sink in the truest sense.

The main idea behind “First re-spec is Free” was that ppl were allocating points before the usage had been full teased out. Also, ppl were buying gotchis with points incorrectly allocated.
The DAO vote recently changed how points will be used, and probably caused players to want to change how they allocate their points.
Of course, people could have waited to allocated their points till usage was fully flushed out, but why do that when allocating points increases BRS which could increase rewards during Rarity Farming. There was sufficient motivation to allocate.

I think one free re-spec will clear the air and bring all gotchi owners to the same restart point. I do agree and like the idea that re-specing is a protocol level action and that it should be “expensive”. I don’t see the benefit of continually re-specing. In relation to BRS, there is no advantage of re-spec multiple times. If there is please describe, I don’t get it.

I like the idea of a special re-spec potion could be crafted, then used or sold. There are already potions outside of the gotchiverse, the crafting part would be new. PC or we (the DAO) could come up with the recipe.

I still think one free re-spec works and is forgiving for all the players that made mistakes allocating points as they were learning about aavegotchi, rarity farming and the gotchiverse.

This is correct and we should always remember to make this distinction, before moving forward with anything - “are we talking about the protocol, or the verse” and make sure our solutions align with that answer. This is going to be a key divide on voting power later, and it is imperative that we maintain awareness as we navigate this launch.

100 GHST is a lot, considering that we, the DAO, made changes to the traits after PC announced their plans for them.

I propose we use the spirit point mechanism to determine the cost of a respec and that it be a 100% token burn of GHST

There are two ways this could be done -

1. Fee in GHST, equal to spirit force required to summon gotchi. This would actually provide support for GHST when the market is tanking, as people would be able to utilize these as discount respec days, and the effect would be that when there is strong downward pressure overall, our community responds by voluntarily burning some GHST.

2. Fee equal to the summoning cost of comparable GHST Gotchi
    If it were a GHST gotchi, what would be the summoning fees for common/uncommon/rare/legendary/mythical gotchis? We need to decide this anyways for H3, so this is an opportunity to have that discussion early.

Both of these solutions scale appropriately with the value of the gotchi and both keep this fully inside the realm of the protocol.

I would like to have a free respec to start with mainly for following reason:

• Traits and their potential impact on the game play started to be discussed in-depth quite late for many that have already allocated most of the spirit points earned so far. Vast majority of the folks have a good idea on how the spec affects rarity farming, as long as they change in the right direction, one could always get higher rarity. But not for the flagship gotchiverse.

You risk you brought up is truly a concern. I originally wanted to propose a cost curve that would increase parabolically. However, that prob would be more of an inhibitor for smaller (pocket) players. Still though, it may be a deterrent to some big pocket players.

I like the concept of “respec stone”. However, instead of tradable, make it soul bound. One can acquire during quests, raids, etc. Folks can bid on it, while looting, using some sort of engagement points that guilds would use; and for small groups’ adventures, then it will be just an agreement among them. Make it soul bound, it eliminates the manipulation. If someone does end up with many “respec stone”, it means he/she engage in the game much deeper than others. Everyone should be ok with that.

I just saw your post. I have the same thoughts on the reason for one free respec. I do have a slight different take on subsequent respecs (still like the respect stone concept).

1 Like

I agree with keeping re-spec on the protocol level. I think picking a cost to respec’ing will always be incorrect.

How about a “Spirit Reallocation” potion? This potion would rollback the gotchi’s spirit points to when the gotchi was summoned and give the gotchi their earned points as unallocated.

One potion would be given to each gotchi’s pocket or owner (whichever is technically easier). The potion can be listed in the baazar, this would let the market decide the cost. If the dao doesn’t like giving each gotchi a free potion, then potions could be minted and listed on the baazar by PC and the GHST could go to next rarity farming.

More potions can be created as the market demands, but I suspect this initial amount of 20K (one for each existing gotchi) will be more than enough.

With this approach there isn’t a need to put a GHST amount on re-specing and the market can decide. Also with the potion approach the smart contract change would be simpler oppose to having to keep track on-chain if a gotchi has used their free one re-spec.

4 Likes

Sounds like the only thing left for you to decide, before you post er up, is what color it is, ser. Is it ALPHA blue, or FUD green? I think FUD, since it’s almost like you are poisoning the Gotchi.

In fact… I could see an 8 hour craftable respec potion being used a lot, for aarena. It would add a nice element of surprise, for important matches…

Current status:
Waiting for the wapGHST and GLTR pools to get voting power then I’ll write up a sig prop for the respec potion.

I would like to better naming suggestions to propose to PC. I’ll create an informal vote

• Spirit Respecification Potion
  • Pheniox Potion
  • Rebirth Potion
  • Resummoning Potion
  • Earned Point Reallocation Potion
  • Spirit Point Rewind Potion
  • Rollback Potion

0 voters

1 Like

Gho-Back? Spirit Juice? Rebase?

If “Respec Potion” had been an option I would have voted for that

3 Likes

Yeh, they’re not really “spirit” points are they? They’re BRS or Base Rarity Score points. At a stretch maybe trait points? Spirit points or force is the collateral inside each gotchi which is nothing to do with this discussion.

I’d probably vote for something bland but descriptive like BRS Reset Potion or BRS Resurrection Potion. Phoenix potion sounds kinda cool too imo (assuming MarvinP meant that)

2 Likes

Why not craft and burn Wincense?

hehe …or Mojo Juice? :grin:

What if they are only craftable once a month?

I put up a vote for airdropping the respec “Phoenix” Potion. Ofc we can continue to discuss a descriptive and cool name for the potion.

Vote:
https://vote.aavegotchi.com/#/proposal/0x5a2dc2a36b6d616a087c16cf2f4713e87abad28d9eb292a0e78a9872dec44665

1 Like